“Hello Halo”

Chuan Kee Chinese Fastfood
Ranked #141 of 1 137 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: We are among the OLDEST CHINESE FASTFOOD in the OLDEST CHINATOWN in the world, BINONDO. We have been in business for more than 75 years and continue to serve the best of HOKKIEN FOOD that has to offer. Kiampong and Gokong is our specialty.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Weather is so hot and we were in Chinatown to but some Chinese medicine. We chanced upon this Fast-food and saw a tarpaulin of the halohalo. We tried it and liked the taste of their halohalo. Superb taste and so many ingredients! More pa next time!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

This place gets top marks for food options - rice meals, soups, dim sum, noodles, sweets and much much more. Your typical Chinese fare - classic choices like Machang, Sweet and Sour Pork, Mami. In short, no surprises here. Average cost per head would run from 150-200PhP.

The Chop Chay with noodles was a monstrous bowl filled with meatballs, pork meat and intestines in a flavorful broth. Definitely a dish for sharing - I could not consume it despite my usual appetite. The pork dumplings/ shu mai were good but nothing special (dough was too thick and a bit oily).

Service is good, though maybe a tad slow when the place fills up.

There is an adjacent Eng Bee Tin store where you could shop for your favorite hopia, tikoy, wintermelon tea and other food items for pasalubong.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Used to serve great beef maki soup. Now its too thick and meet was overcooked. Their food quality surely declined and I hope they consider putting up airconditioning. Kiampong rice was still nice though and beef ball soup was tasty.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I love their Braised Beef Rice Toppings and Honeyed Kikiam! I only I have more room in my tummy I would have ordered more food in their menu. I will definitely go back to this place.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We stumbled upon the restaurant on the way to Binondo Church. Curiosity made us try it and came out of the place satisfied. It's just like any other fastfood but the dishes are really satisfying. I could say that it's a whole lot better than the leading Chines fastfood.