“Rather disappointing”

Lime Restaurant Jen Hotel
Ranked #44 of 151 Restaurants in Male
Description: The Lime Restaurant is the Hotel Jen Malé Maldives- signature all-day dining restaurant located at the 1st floor, where diners can experience authentic local fare with a range of international flavors.
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Lemon Garden of Shangri La Kuala Lumpur is superb so I thought what can go wrong with Lime at Jen Hotel (of the same group). On 1st May, arrived at the entrance of the restaurant, there was nobody to receive patrons. Waited several minutes before one of the two waiters working sat me to a table, not with the most welcoming and warmest of greeting. To play safe, as I was travelling that night, I chose a pasta with "local tuna sauce". I asked the waiter was it a local sauce (referring to a local Maldivian sauce) or a sauce made with local tuna (tuna is what Male is famous for) and he could not answer me. I was tired after walking the entire morning in the heat, so I did not want to pursue the matter further. I asked for a glass of water and what was brought to the table was a bottle of water to which I asked if it was chargeable and he replied "yes" so I rejected it. Later, I saw glasses of water were served to other guests on the next table. Like I said, I was too tired to complain but was rather surprised with the level of service and lack of knowledge of the menu.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I had dinner while staying for one night in the hotel.
The service was promt and efficient and food was tasty.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I think this could have been better. Food choice was limited and I found better food outside the hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Thank you to Chef Anish and Riaz very halp full and the team at Lime at Hotel Jen. After two weeks out on the beautiful islands of the Maldives, it was great to start the day with one of your breakfasts before heading to the airport to fly home. The food was excellent outstanding and such an incredible buffet to choose from. The Indian dosha is so good first time I had dosa it was great were delicious! Highly recommended.
Thanks to say chef Anish and riyaz and hotel Jen team

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

A good restaurant in a good hotel

Things are set for you in this restaurant so you feel that you are at home , service is very good And the kind of food is also nice