“Always excellent ”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I find when you live abroad all the time you are always looking for comfort food or food you know and enjoy this restaurant ticks the box. Even just entering the boutique hotel where the restaurant is makes you feel like you in Chiang Mai.
The rooms are beautifully decorated the service is prompt and the food amazing
This is one I will always come back to

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and i had a short stay in Male. We managed to eat at Sala Thai three times. Opens at 11 am, lovely garden seating if its not too hot out, ac inside with a beutiful decor. Food was outstanding, i wish I could bring this place home with me.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I do love Thai food but this place does not deliver on the quality nor the flavour.

The Tom Yam soup is spot on as far as flavour goes but limited in content.

We had sweet and sour chicken and another chilli curry both very average.

We also found the chicken satay dip inferior in texture and flavour.

I would not make a special trip but the restaurant itself is quite nice looking.

1  Thank Nina C
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

If your in Malé and want to eat thai food, this is the place to choose!!! Tasty and serving good

Reviewed 13 February 2018

We were craving some Thai food and our first choice (can't remember the name) was closed on the day we were there.

This place was like a little sanctuary in the middle of Malé. I didn't realize it was also a hotel.

We had a simple lunch of soup and curry. The large soup was big enough for 4 or more people and the curry was very tasty.

Service was good, if a little slow, but the staff were all very nice.

The only thing that struck me a little odd was the Venetian themed room we were in, in a Thai restaurant/hotel, but hey, Venice is one of my favourite cities too!

It was more expensive than one would expect but it was not a disappointment.