“Birthday celebration”

Price range: US$19 - US$43
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Latest Recipe, diners can indulge in popular dishes that are prepared 'a la minute' (which means 'in a minute' literally) with personalised and individual servings of Malay, Indian, Chinese, Japanese and Western delights. Just watching the chefs in action as they dish out freshly cooked and piping hot food is enough to sharpen appetites for more good things to come. Unlike the usual buffet restaurants, there are no bulky chafing dishes in sight. Instead, the food is presented in cast iron pans, woks, chinaware or served in individual portions. Fans of Indian cuisine will revel in the Tandoori chicken, lamb, prawn with naan and other North Indian specialties. Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki and many more exotic Japanese dishes are served daily. Dim Sum baskets are piled high next to piping hot noodles and fragrant stir-fries at the Chinese section whilst authentic BBQ seafood lines the Malay open kitchen. Desserts are a feast to the senses with decadent sweets including the Chocolate Fountain and the ever popular Teppanyaki Ice-Cream.
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

4 friends having their birthdays in August so we went in a group of 14 for the buffet lunch. Food was nice but not great, what was impressive was the service n attentiveness of our waiters who were very passionate wt their job. Would like to thank them here over this app, thanks Andy, Vimal n Moganes for the excellent service, it was very much appreciated.. we had a wonderful time. Yes, we will be back..

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We eat breakfast and dinner here everyday for our 8 night stay. The service was excellent and couldn't be faulted. The kids were able to eat western foods, while we were able to indulge in some great Malaysian, Japanese and Indian food. The sushi bar is very good and so is the dessert bar. The restaurant is a credit to the hotel and its staff!

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

When I last reviewed latest recipe, it set the gold standard for buffet breakfast for me. What remained unchanged was the exceptional service that the staff provided.

At 75rm per person for the buffet breakfast, we’d expect an exceptional tasting spread. However, today’s experience did not match those lofty heights. The range/variety has always been small but done very well. After the meal, both my wife an I struggled to pin point a single dish that was outstanding. My favourite was the homemade muesli.

One thing that we noticed (but weren’t great fans of), was how spicy/peppery many of the dishes were - sausages, omelette, beef rendang and mint dip (for the prata). As asians finding the spice levels over the top, non-Asian patrons may likewise find it a tad too much. Furthermore, the banana and pandan cake slices being overly crusty (heated for too long perhaps) and hardened brown sugar/relatively stale grated coconut (condiments to go with the putu mayam). The strawberry smoothie was rather diluted, and would be put to shame when compared next to one from boost. A more minor issue is about the selection of tea (I tired the organic peppermint and jasmine green tea) being from harney & sons, as I found the TWG equivalents more fragrant.

Overall, all these provided for an underwhelming brunch. I would struggle to make a repeat visit if these remains the current state of affairs.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Its been a while that I go to a restaurant and was wow! by the experience. Firstly, the food variety and quality was good. Loads to choose from and fresh cooking. On top of that the service level of the waiter and waitresses was superb. Especially this lady by the name of Rosnah Mubin. There was 20 of us and every thing we needed, she anticipated and addressed it in advance. Talk about real customer service! Tip top level of professionalism and service. The kind of staff I want to hire! Well done Rosnah and Latest Recipe. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank WaiMun L
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I love the variety and i like it even more that they have a sashimi section. Almost all the food served were tasty. I just wished they have more drink options than just "healthy detox water". They do have variety of hot drinks tho. Dessert were also delicious with variety to choose from. I loved the cheesecake a lot. Service were also good.