Reviews (3 919)
1 532
1 674
1 532
1 674
All reviews orchid club park royal hotel bukit bintang family suite sungei wang deluxe room berjaya times square monorail station excellent location walking distance major shopping stayed here for nights buffet breakfast central location food court golden triangle the club lounge
1 078 - 1 083 of 3 919 reviews
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Had stayed there for 3 nights and was amazed by the customer service we experienced. The property is ideally located to the city centre .rooms were spacious and very clean, what makes this place special is the staff who are forever smiling and will help you at all times.
This is surely our preferred location to stay won our next visit.
The only drawback was the internet speed which was very slow and has scope for improvement.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Dear ssd1279,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience. We are pleased that you found us to be a great choice for your stay in Kuala Lumpur. I have taken note on the comment and will sort it out with the team. See you soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

Carpark was a disaster. Firstly, its a maze just to find where the "real" carpark is because it will bring you out to an outdoor environment and you will have to find the entrance again. Going up to the carpark is another problem as its very narrow. My car was badly damaged while making my way up. The building looks old and in need of a proper renovation asap.

Secondly. Upon checking in, a air-con serviceman came into my room, asking to enter to do a "routine aircon maintenance," to which i reply, "can you do it some other day? i am resting now." Which brings me to my next question, if this routine check was supposed to be done, why not before check in?

Room was spacious, but you can clearly see that the walls are cracking a little and bathroom tiles are dirty. Time for an upgrade asap!

Location wise is good though, just a 5 minutes walk to Berjaya Times Square.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2016

Dear Jacqueline C,

I appreciate your valuable time in writing your review and for sharing your feelings. I are sorry to learn about the poor impression you had of the car-park and the inconvenience caused by the routine maintenance of the air conditioning system. We are addressing these shortcomings with our teams to get things right.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews on here, I checked in with little expectations about the service, and cleanliness. It was the first time that I booked a hotel before reading the reviews written about it.

However, I was majorly satisfied with the service from check in to check out, and the room we got was not too dated, nor unclean. Suhaina at the front desk was extremely accommodating, and always had a smile on.

The breakfast spread was good with plenty of choices, but they may need to work on the quality. Salty noodles, fishy Tom yum, and fish that wasn't salmon passed off as salmon. Not cool, Parkroyal!

The other reason that this rating is getting 4 stars instead of 5 is because the breakfast staff, during our stay (labour day weekend), was not helpful to say the least, I had to get my own coffee, ice water, cutleries, and napkins after asking them several times for it. Our table for 6 was cramped as it was, and yet the staffs did not see the need to clear it after passing our table several times. It wasnt busy at the time we came down...

Oh, yes, the hotel carpark is really terrible! It was very narrow for an mpv(and hotel guests have to park on the higher floors!) and it was really badly lit. The carpark attendants were helpful when we were there.

Otherwise, comfortable beds, big toilets (there is a standing shower and bath tub)and plenty of delicious smelling toiletries...

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear ShahnazT,

We are glad that we had the opportunity to host you and that you had a pleasant stay with us, but I am sorry to read the unpleasant experiences you encountered during breakfast and of the car park. We are addressing these shortcomings with our team to get things right. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We hope to welcome you back for another better experience.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Hello.

If you are some one who is looking for great hospitality this is probably not a hotel that you want to be in, even Club Benefits the service is just average and if you are not a club member service is simply below average.

If any of the management seeing this review please at least teach your staff how to serve food. Almost all of the staff I delt with did not know the basics about serving food.

Check in Process: I have ordered a Premier Suite with Club Benefits but on arrival they have given me a wrong room which was cheaper than the Premier Suite but I have been billed for the Premier Suite. When I complained staff confirmed me that it is indeed a Premier Suite, in order to prove they are wrong I had to show a screenshot of the room photo from Agoda which made them finally admit they have given me a wrong room and then still it took them 5-6 hours to get it confirmed and offer the actual Premier Suite. With all these issues which wasted almost half a day of my time not even a simply apology was made to me by hotel staff.

Booking a Taxi from hotel (BE AWARE):

If you book a taxi from the hotel it would be twice as expensive than a normal taxi, they call it a premium service so that up to you to decide but the FUNNY PART IS, when you book a taxi through the hotel the hotel staff at the gate (probably Indians) comes and tell you, Sir dont book a Taxi from the hotel its very expensive I can get you a one for a very cheap price... bla..bla... his cheap price was 120 ringgits but I didn't fall for that and it only cost me 60 ringgit to go to batu caves via hotel taxi. Hotel staff should look in to these as its very bad for your image as your own gate staff is trying to make money from your hotel guests.

Other than these issue I was generally satisfied with the room quality, wifi, location, friendliness in some of the staff in club Area security setup of the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear Steve911X,

Thank you for staying at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur. I am sorry for the unpleasant experiences you encountered and regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations in several aspects. We are addressing these shortcomings with our team to get things right. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We hope to welcome you back in the future for a better experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

The hotel is very well located for shopping trip. Conveniently located for great food within walking distance from hotel.

The major set back is that the carpark for this hotel is most wanting. Firstly, it is a maze to get to the carpark from the front entrance. Once parked, you will note that the hotel carpark lift landing area is dark. The security at the carpark is horrendous. The guard found located at entrance to hotel lobby from carpark mostly found to be sleeping on the desk whilst on duty at night. Not such a reassuring sight. The staff carpark is located at a brightly lit area whereas guests carpark at higher levels are lacking in security. Gives me the impression that the hotel Management are more concerned about their staffs and their vehicles rather than serving the needs of their guests.

These are things needed to improve much. Hence I would like to take off 2 stars from what appears to be graded as a 5 star hotel.

Room tip: Doubt you may be able to avoid traffic noise since it is located at a major junction. Not for those who are light sleepers.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bullfrog911
MarkLosi, General Manager at PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and making PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur your choice of stay. We are sorry to learn about the poor impression you had of the car-park. We are addressing the issue of the sleeping Attendant with the car-park operator. Please accept our sincere apologies.

We hope to welcome you back for another better experience.