“Amazing birthday treat!”
Review of Babe Restaurant

Babe Restaurant
Ranked #315 of 4 987 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I am impressed that my hubby is aware about a restaurant like this; he read reviews & asked around. Anyway, the restaurant is located within the premises of Work @ Clearwater (formerly known as Wisma Antah) and the lift system is state of the art; we inform the guard on duty the restaurant we are dining at - he tap his card at the panel & press the floor the restaurant is located on - we are ushered into the lift & we are brought to the exact floor we want to go to. WOW!
Once the lift door open, we are greeted by a waiter who checked the reservation made and immediately ushered us to our seat. My hubby requested to be seated inside because outside is just too warm; that's a good choice. However, the view outside is sooo much better. In any case, if you have a chance, sit outside. Yes, the view is overlooking KL city and much more lighting (good for pictures). We were then handed menus where the captain (my guess) informed us that he will return to explain to us. After 5 mins, knowing that this is our 1st time there, the captain explained the menu and then he straight away recommend that we take the Premium Japas Tasting Menu (RM450++/person). We didn't argue with him and we took it although I had my reservations about the raw food.
It turned out that I am 50% right, some of the fish is a bit too "fishy" for me. Allow me to explain : I love salmon sashimi but not smoked sashimi or grilled salmon. Some how, I cannot accept the taste of cooked salmon. Anyway, I still ate them with an open mind and appreciate the service and attention we are given. Every dish is a surprise and the particular service crew that place the plate on the table will describe the dish to us. There are 11 dishes in the course we ordered!! My favourites are the beef shortribs, wagyu nigiri, truffle & crab chawanmushi, venus clam miso soup & the mozzarella explosion while the rest are bit too fishy for my liking. I am quite bummed that the lamb chop wasn't on the tasting menu.
Before dessert is served, I was surprised by a lovely cake & a "magic" show (on the house). I was presented with a blank birthday card and after pouring some dry ice onto it, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" words appeared. Tastefully done.
Definitely a wonderful experience to remember and would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to experience something luxurious and who are willing to part with their $$. Let's face it, nothing good comes cheap.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

The restaurant is on the 11th floor of an office block, and has uninterrupted views of the twin towers and KL skyline. Everyone in our party took pictures, including the locals. The food is modern Japanese. We had the tasting menu which had some great items. However we ordered a couple from the menu and they were fantastic too. If you are there for a birthday then let them know - the card you get is unique

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We have been to babe a few times now, and it never fails to impress- Creative and delicious. Food wise, it is Amazing attention to every tiny detail. Michelin starred Chef Ramsey's always comes up with a unique menu. A world class restaurant right here in KL. On top of all that, the view is amazing.

3  Thank syedi30
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

The menu is not really known (i.e. Googlable) so I thought I give you some insights

Tasting menu rm300 (12 course)
Premium tasting menu rm450 (12 course)
Ala carte ranges from rm28-rm160 per item/pc

Parking
The lift has no up or down button. I wish it was more visitor friendly. We met a resident who helped us press 11 that takes us from b1 to level 11 straight away.

Gastronomic experience indeed. But I wish it could have been more customisable (we both had to eat the same dessert.... mehhhhh!!!!!!)

Toilet
It's the swimming pool toilet one floor down. Very very dArk as u walk down so be careful.

Overall, good experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

This place is food divinity! The waiter offered me for trying the lamb chop. Uhmmm no words required, the lamb was very tasty!!! So juicy and tender. This place serves Japanese tapas with a mix of western Japanese. The food prepared here was something I had not seen elsewhere and was delicious. The staffs are very nice and the seafood are very fresh as some of their ingredients are flown in from Japan. I love the atmosphere where you dine next to the swimming pool. The dim lights, the seats and the magnificent view gives thus place two thumbs up.

1  Thank Dechen Y