All reviews business district hotel chain minute walk speak good english convenient location rooms are small hotel is located onsen basement sauna subway minimart convenience umeda underground
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Located in busy area of Osaka you need taxi from train stn to get there. Some pubs and restaurants around.
Staff at reception speak good English but not super-friendly.
No gym or pool available.
Breakfast quite OK.
Hotel room very small even smaller than other Japanese hotels of same standard.
Clean bathroom w/o complaints.
View from window is purely buildings and roofs.
Price is acceptable incl breakfast.
Overall medium rating.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
宿泊 A, お客様担当マネージャー at APA Villa Hotel Yodoyabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for your stay. Thank you very much for praising breakfast. We are waiting for the next visit. kenji

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Located in the business district. There's almost no eating places around or may be because we were staying during New Year holidays. 7-11 is just right across the hotel. Very close to Yodoyabashi and Kitahama station. Room was a bit outdated but still gave a comfortable atmosphere. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. Staff was very friendly and polite. The only thing I don't like was the self-served laundry. The drying machine is a joke. It uses fan to dry clothes instead of heat. It accepts coin but only for 20' duration. I had to go up and down from the room to the basement to insert the coin. It took me almost 3 hours to finish laundry.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
宿泊 A, お客様担当マネージャー at APA Villa Hotel Yodoyabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by washing machine and dryer. We are waiting for another visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The hotel is comfortable, the staff super friendly and very helpful.
rooms are small so make sure to get just 1 suitcase! it's very clean and ideal if you are a tourist that is out all day exploring.
Breakfast is good, it was my first time in Japan so to me it was really good!
a very important note: is close to a metro station!

Room tip: Accessibility and affordability
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
宿泊 A, KIMOTO at APA Villa Hotel Yodoyabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for staying with us here APA VILLA HOTEL〈YODOYABASHI〉and your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

A smart modern hotel with excellent sized rooms and facilities.
For me, a public hot bath is now a priority for all of the hotels I stay at on my regular visits to Japan. The sauna is a bonus.
With 2 convenience stores opposite the main entrance and a 3 minute walk to Yodoyobashi subway station offering quick access to Umeda, Dotonbori and other popular locations this is a great value hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
宿泊 A, お客様担当マネージャー at APA Villa Hotel Yodoyabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

We appreciate your satisfaction and we appreciate it.
The hotel has a very unusual natural hot spring.
In addition, there is convenience store in front of you, you can enjoy shopping for 24 hours.
And I am pleased to have a good location in Umeda at 1 station.

We appreciate your continued support in the future.

TAMURA/Receptionist

Reviewed 13 December 2017

First time to Japan but did not expect this. We booked a double bedded room and it was so small that I had to leave our 3 bags at the entrance leaving just enough space to open the door. Then realised that I cant open the bathroom door which was also small as ever. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that even Snow White's dwarfs would have found it too small. Didn't realise the approx $100/night room would be like this. We booked it through an OTA and had given a CC guarantee and of course paid at the reception upon check in. If not we would have found another hotel.

I wouldn't call the location a plus as you have to walk about 7 to 10 minutes from Yodoyabashi subway.

Never would I recommend this hotel and will never visit again.

Room tip: Do not recommend this hotel
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
宿泊 A, お客様担当マネージャー at APA Villa Hotel Yodoyabashi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the size of the room.
Thank you for your valuable opinion while you are busy.

Doi/Receptionist