Reviews (1 041)
1 041 results
All reviews grand comfort train station buffet breakfast was excellent central exit convenient location superior twin room excellent location hotel bar buffet style turn right hotel staff beds were very comfortable japanese hotels reception desk lobby area hotel is located wonderful hotel
32 - 37 of 1 041 reviews
Reviewed 6 June 2018

This hotel is perfectly located next to the Kyoto Train Station, making it ideal for pretty much most travellers coming in to the city.

There's some construction going on, which makes it just a little awkward entering the hotel, but it's nothing difficult. When you're at ground level, you can hear the noise from the construction, but you can't hear it at all in the upper floors.

The rooms are terrific, with plenty of space, good strong WiFi, and comfortable beds. The buffet breakfast was excellent, with plenty of variety for everyone.

I'll stay here next time I am in Kyoto.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed two nights at KCH and had a wonderful time. Situated next to the Kyoto Station, it is a great location to explore Kyoto and the surrounding areas. Great service, fantastic breakfast, and very luxurious rooms.

Even with the ongoing daily construction from 0800 - 1800, there was only limited interruptions to our stay (we couldn’t hear any construction noises from our room).

Also highly recommend the teppanyaki dining in the hotel restaurant Bonheur.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018

This was the hotel I stayed at for my last night in japan. I had so activities planned that day so the staff let me drop off my luggage in my room before check in time. The room was very clean and neat. The staff were very friendly and polite, they even gave me a slice of cake for my birthday and a beautiful card which check in staff all signed. If I am ever in Kyoto again this will most definitely be the hotel I’ll be staying it.

Room tip: Choose a room that is close to public transport
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank gelet505
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Great hotel overall and great location next to Kyoto Station. There are construction works going on (we stayed in April 2018) so there is a temporary entrance which makes the hotel look a bit underwhelming. We didn’t hear any noise from the works in our room on the top-floor though.

The reception and restaurant have a bit of a ‘Las Vegas’ feel to it with their decor and darkness (no daylight in these areas). Apart from the darkness in the restaurant, we liked the buffet style breakfast with plenty of Asian and Western choices. One of the best breakfasts we have had during our 2.5 week trip in Japan! The Premium room we booked was very big and comfortable and we particularly liked the large bathroom and that the toilet was separate from the bathroom.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2018

The Hotel is a short walk from train station so is close to other transport links and downtown Kyoto shops and services. Overall the Hotel was very good if you are looking for something in the downtown. Rooms were not large but we had no complaints. Staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean and modern. No view from our room except buildings since downtown. Breakfast buffet was OK but wish they had more fruit.

Date of stay: April 2018