Book In Advance
Tours from Eat Kyoto tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$90,00
from US$90,00
from US$127,00
More Info
All reviews ramen cooking skills cooking class aya instructions fun
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This class was so fun and yum! I’m normally a terrible cook and the easy step-by-step instructions made me feel like I was a natural and I am confident I could cook the dishes on my own. The class is family friendly too - I attended the class with my toddler and he got to play with some toys and get involved when he felt like it. He especially loved making noodles from scratch. Aya was so friendly and accomodating with my son, she made the lesson easy to follow and created a fun atmosphere. I felt like I was in a room with friends and my son and I went home with two full happy bellies. I now have practical take-home knowledge about Japanese food and feel like I learned new skills. The dishes were delicious and when I get back to Australia I will have some wonderful recipies I can confidently make for my family. I was totally hooked on this class and I’d highly recommend it. Mostly because it really is something I will be able to do in my own home. Suitable for anyone from total foodie to reluctant cook. It’s inspiring.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I joined a cooking class with my hasband and friends. I had so much fun cooking ramen from scratch. For Japanese people, we don't know the recipe so it was definately worth doing it.
The chef, Aya, was very friendly and explained everyting very well so that even people who don't usually cook can understand. She gave us the recipes in the end so that we can cook them at home, which is super nice. I will bring my hasband's family to the cooking class for sure next time they are in town. Also, the knife i used for the cooking class was amazing. As soon as you started using it, you can tell how different it is from others. Japanese knives are one of the best gifts.
オーストラリアから友達が遊びに来ていたこともあり、アメリカ人の主人と主人の友達と4人で参加しました。献立が日本人でも一から作ったことがないラーメンなので、ワクワク!そして、内容は期待以上の物でした。 シェフのAyaさんが調理工程を丁寧に教えてくれるので、料理を普段しない人でも安心して作ることが出来ます。そして、自分で調理したラーメンを食べた時の感動ったらありません。外国からくるお友達等を是非連れて行ってあげてください。120%満足してくれること間違いなし。仲間と最高の思い出を作ることが出来ました。本当に参加してして良かったです。また、場所も人気の祇園・八坂エリアにあるので散策のついてに参加できるのもいいですよ

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I went with a friend and his wife to attend an Eat Kyoto cooking session, and it was a night to remember! The opportunity to make ramen from scratch (including noodles), along with traditional Japanese cucumber salad and Japanese fried chicken was impossible to pass up, and I am so glad I joined! Aya was very helpful and spoke English fluently, and she helped a novice cook like myself make a delicious and visually-appealing meal!

Please, by all means, try this experience if you can!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were delighted and enlightened by Aya’s excellent cooking course! The ramen noodles were made by hand and it was honestly shocking how good they tasted.

Aya was extremely organized, patient and informative as she guided us through the various elements of our dinner we were making. She answered all of our many questions and left us with skills and ideas that I think we’ll carry with us forever.

There are many kinds of tours you can do on a trip, but a cooking experience like this is truly special. You get a combination of culture, history and connection that can’t be obtained with a walking tour of a city.

The final moment of leaving Aya’s shop in the beautiful Gion district at night with the moon overhead and the 5-story pagoda in the distance cemented it as a night we will remember warmly for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Eat Kyoto was fantastic! The instructor, Aya, provided detailed instructions and spoke excellent English. Aya assits with every step of the meal preparation so even a cook as inexperienced as myself can make excellent Raman! She was very knowledgeable about Japanese food and culture. Aya took pictures during the event so we didn’t have to worry about pulling out our phones as we prepared the meal! The course is a great way to end the day after touring Kyoto. I highly recommend taking the class.