All reviews east wing classic hotel west lake bit dated horizon lounge china su government westlake lakeside pagoda cab mandarin
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I was shocked about my room. Expensive but awful. Everything old. Air conditioning not working. Rooms are smelly. Beds are bad, rooms like in a horror movie. The only nice fact is the location of the hotel in the nature. There is no restaurant in the neighborhood.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
杭州香格里拉饭店, 公关经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Shangri-La Hotel Hangzhou, and for sharing with us your experience. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet our usual high standards. Your constructive comments have been discussed with the team and appropriate actions have been taken to remedy to this kind of situation in future. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again should your travels bring you back to Hangzhou.
Yours truly,

Reviewed 13 July 2018

This hotel is definitively a nice hotel, but needs some refreshing work. Very colonial in style, rooms are okay but not up to the standard of Shangri La. Location is great and the staff is very helpful.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
杭州香格里拉饭店, 公关经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Guest,
Firstly, thank you for staying with us and for the positive feedback about our hotel. We have taken note of the areas which did not meet your expectations and will continue to make improvements. we will pay more attention to improve our service standard. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel during your next trip to HangZhou.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We want to thank Jan Fan, a guest service manager at Shangri-La hotel for his sterling handling of customers like me and my friends. We stayed one night at this wonderful hotel, and we were able to enjoy a panoramic view of the West Lake, even though the elements were not in our favour. We feel that Mr Fan is very flexible and happy to please his guests wherever possible. We appreciate his kind efforts.

Room tip: the hotel has gorgeous views of the West Lake. The hotel front office people are quite nice to try to accede to your request.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
杭州香格里拉饭店, 公关经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear guest,
thank you for your recent stay at Shangri-La hotel Hangzhou. I hope that our inspirational environment and unparalleled serviced helped to create memories that will last long after your time with us concluded. Thank you for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is beautiful, well appointed, and great location. My room on seaside and had great views of the beach and water.

Multiple restaurants on site with breakfast serving variety of Asian and western food. For lunch/dinner there is both styles of dining as well. Having eaten at the Asian restaurant, can say it was excellent. Even had the Peking Duck.

Gym was well equipped with free weights, machines, etc. and overlooked garden area and sea.

Trip type: Travelled on business
杭州香格里拉饭店, 公关经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My husband and myself stayed on the HOrizon Club level for 5 nights and service there was good. Overall, the hotel staff do not speak much English and it was a challenge to try to communicate with them with our limited Mandarin. However, we were blessed to have Mr Ricky Ye and his assistant Mr. Sam who both could speak English and their service and hospitality knows no bound! They were just simply awesome and with their help we managed to have a memorable stay in Hangzhou. Thank you to both of them.

The room & bathroom although dated was comfortable and clean as the whole hotel is very well taken care of. My only disappointment is that the staffs at the front desk and conceirge were a bit cold and do not greet the guests at all. We only had a very friendly bird near the East Wing elevators, who is always greeting the guests ! The bird has better customer service than the front desk personnels. Breakfast at the 1st floor - as usual, the F & B staff were not fluent in English and they do not bother to check if you need any assistance. But food was good as there is a huge variety.

Room tip: Choose the Horizon club rooms - service here is much better if you do not speak much Mandarin.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
杭州香格里拉饭店, 公关经理 at Shangri La Hotel Hangzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Yours truly