All reviews the executive lounge asia bistro cru steakhouse west lake small tv business or pleasure meeting room excellent hotel premier room my colleague coffee machine concierge staff high floor favorite hotel business trip wulin square grand canal
Reviewed 17 August 2018

I stay in hotels 75-125 nights a year and usually stay at Marriott properties. This Marriott did not care for loyalty status as much so that was a little disappointing and I did not get the usual upgrade that one receives with platinum elite status. I didn't like the fact that it was connected to another property which congested the area a bit. I think this is still a solid hotel but is would be in the bottom tier for the JW Marriotts I have stayed at.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ZRichardT
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Rose's been very nice and helpful in the lounge and remembered me after just seeing me twice. Nice flowers in the lounge too!
I would say the black tea at the breakfast is one of the best and Longjing egg Benedict and egg tart are in a special flavor

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
Reviewed 14 August 2018

We were on a long trip in China. The minute we stepped into the JW, the people were fantastic. Hangzhou is a very friendly city, and the people at this JW were friendly, helpful and attentive. The Club lounge was exceptional. The staff at the club lounge was as good as any place I've been.
Rooms were clean, spacious, and the location was a little off of West Lake, but close enough.
Great stay. We will be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018

Just recently spent several days here and would highly recommend to anyone visiting Hangzhou
Very nice/clean hotel
Extremely friendly staff:
Mr. Jack Feng at concierge desk was very helpful and quickly answered all of my
travel questions and needs
Ladies in the Asia Bistro and Lounge were extremely friendly and helpful
Food was excellent
Room view of West Lake was impressive
Concierge lounge was perfect and offered excellent views
Workout room was spacious and nice
Area around the hotel was safe and easy to navigate on foot

The only issue (and it wasn't that big of a deal) was that there were zero English speakers in the Man Ho Restaurant (2nd floor) They need at least one somewhat knowledgable English speaker to properly communicate. Trying to get a table, order food/drink and pay bill was a little hectic.

Other than that I couldn't have asked for a better stay

Room tip: Ask for West Lake view
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PalmettoO8
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite hotel in Hangzhou. Great location and you get the view of West Lake if you get a room in the right part of the hotel. Good food selection in the executive lounge, plus spectacular view of West Lake! I will be back many times.

Date of stay: July 2018