All reviews jin sha chinese restaurant grand premier room outdoor pool beautiful hotel treatment rooms are west lake private garden traditional architecture water features steam room dim sum the entire staff bullet train concierge desk the entire hotel sitting area
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights just recently, this is a beautiful property nestled just on the Westlake, you could not ask for a more pristine location. Food in the Chinese restaurant was superb, to the point we went back on the second night even tho we were planning to try something new. Highly recommend the tea plantation tour with Forrest the tour guide who is extremely knowledge. All the staff were great but Vicky was exceptional who definitely could not do enough. Wayne Tan the hotel manager should be extremely proud to be in charge of such an amazing property

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Wayne T, Manager at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear liski138,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake via Tripadvisor!
I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your meals in our Jin Sha Restaurant and recommended our star Tour Guide Forrest whom took you to the tea plantation.
The primary goal of all of us at Four Seasons is to provide our guests with the best possible service, and it is of course immensely gratifying to know when we have succeeded in meeting their expectations. I was particularly happy to read about Vicky being exceptional. I am very fortunate to be surrounded by such a wonderful team!
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours faithfully,
Wayne Tan
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to have a weekend getaway to Hangzhou, and picked this hotel as our destination. We were not at all disappointed in its amenities. The hotel is gorgeous. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated. There was also an outside pavilion with a stylish chair to lounge in. We were very excited upon arrival and thrilled by the bed, which had the most amazingly soft mattress! I could write an entire review praising that bed. That being said, we were a bit let down by the service in the hotel. Our problems started at lunch. We ordered a bottle of champagne rosé and it took about 20 minutes to arrive at our table; the same thing happened with our food. In fact, when appetizers arrived, I ordered a bowl of steamed rice to accompany my main dish and it took so long for the rice to come out I had already finished my main course so I ended up canceling it. However, our amazing waitress gave us espresso on the house to compensate. We thus were not too disturbed by the incident. However the main issue came later in the day. We wanted to take a boat tour of West Lake and asked the concierge whether they could arrange this. The concierge apologized and let us know that they could not arrange it anymore that day and we should try to get a tour by a local. We agreed and asked for a taxi to the closest dock. A taxi was pulled up, yet the taxi driver told us to go back to the concierge and have them explain to him where to drive us. We went inside to do so and were surprised to see the hotel give our taxi to other guests. When we asked for another we were told the hotel could not arrange this and we should walk to the dock, since it is only 10 minutes away. We agreed and set off to the dock. Once we arrived however, we had issues organizing a boat since our Chinese is very limited. We called the front desk and asked them to speak to one of the men offering tours in Chinese in order to organize it. However on the phone the concierge said they could, in fact, set up a boat tour from the hotel and that we should walk back in 20 minutes. Confused, we agreed. 10 minutes later they called back and said they could actually not set up a boat tour. A third call revealed they actually could. We ended up walking back to the hotel and being driven back to that same pier where we finally were able to take a boat tour. We were a bit irritated since we were only in Hangzhou for a weekend and we had many plans that day, yet wasted around 2 hours dealing with the concierge. The boat tour was fabulous and our experience was much improved by our driver, Forrest. Forrest was an amazing guide and when he picked us up he took us to the City God Temple and the market. He was very insightful and friendly and I highly recommend setting up a tour with him. At the end of the day we were just confused as to why the Four Seasons did not set up the tour in the first case as we would have loved to have visited one of the pagodas or temples around the lake instead of wandering around. Overall, this was still a great stay and I would recommend the hotel for its beautiful design alone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank taylexvhors
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at half a dozen Four Seasons properties, this one has been the absolute best! The service is flawless and exceeded expectations. Every single staff member we met was kind, helpful and sincere. I choose this resort to propose to my now fiancé and the team here did not disappoint.

The hotel is meticulously maintained in excellent condition. The location could not be better as it is secluded away from the city centre but within a short cab ride away.
The natural scenery surrounding the resort is gorgeous. You have your own private Westlake retreat without having to leave the property.

The breakfast buffet had a very nice assortment of western and Chinese cuisine. Great quality and selection! With lots of made to order options.

We ordered room service for breakfast one morning and twice for dinner. Alan who brought us our breakfast the first morning casually asked what fruits we liked. Later when we ordered room service for dinner he surprised us with a fruit bowl with our favourite fruits and a box of chocolates for our engagement. This was a very nice touch!

The spa is phenomenal. The treatment rooms were all suites and beautifully designed. If you love spas like my fiancé then visiting this one on your visit is an absolute must. Prior to her treatment we did a tour of the amenities and the spa attendant (I didn’t have her name but she said she was from northern China) was exceptionally kind and informative while showing us the features of the spa.

Concierge-amazing job setting up our room for the night of our engagement. Thank you to Randy and the concierge team for putting together a beautiful display in our room. I had been in touch with the concierge team prior to the visit and had particular requests of how I wanted things to be and they delivered 100%

Lastly, a huge thank you to Vicky, the guest relations manager. She went above and beyond in every way to ensure this trip would be special for my fiancé and I.
She also helped us arrange a great driver for a day tour of Hangzhou’s attractions (highly recommended).

To the entire team at The Four Seasons Westlake, thank you for an excellent stay. This team epitomizes why Four Seasons is our preferred accommodation when we travel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Consider yourself lucky if you get to stay in this hotel. Everything was absolute perfection. The staff is friendly, courteous and anxious to please. The rooms are beyond comfortable.The food in both restaurants is very good. Dumplings for breakfast--it doesn't get better than that. And whatever you do, make sure you pay a visit to the spa. It is unsurpassed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Every aspect of the hotel experience and hospitality was carefully considered and evidently genuine from beginning to end. There were no needs unmet and our experience was personalized and convenient throughout the stay. Although West Lake lay beautifully only a short walk away, there was little desire to leave the magnificance of the hotel. It's a truly special property, and perfect for a memorable change of scenery. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends