See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Just in summary:

- Smell of raw sewage/toilet in room
-Smell of old food/mold in lift
-Food area located near what looks like dirty old cellar
-Wifi did not work
-Check in took 25 minutes at least
-Rising damp in room
-Power plugs did not work

The worst thing was the overall lack of hygene and the smell. It was at times unbearable.

I have no ill will towards the owners or operators, however I hope that they can rectify this soon as it is not adequate accomodation, even for the cheap price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Taxi driver confused about address. The hotel staff is very helpful, but their English is very poor. All hotel staff must learn English in China. Room has window. Entry to the hotel is from back side. Nearby is a big botanical park. I will stay here again for the price, which is a good offer, when I visit Hangzhou for two nights.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ASLAM K
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I chose this hotel for the sole reason that it is within 5 min walking distance to Hangzhou West Bus Station, where I wanted to catch the early morning 8am long distance bus to Mt. Huangshan. I didn't have to worry about not being able to get a taxi during peak hours.

Foreigners like us typically have difficulty crossing roads in china as there's no pedestrian traffic lights. But there's no such problem staying at Brook Hotel. Walking from the hotel to Hangzhou West Bus Station is easy - there is an underpass with escalators to cross the main road.

The choice of hotel worked for my purpose. However, the standard rooms and toilet are quite cramped and a little run down. My room was full of cigarette smoke. The toilet was quite old.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is a very good 2.5 star hotel - it is located in the Westbrook Resort area, about 200 metres from an entrance of the park.

There are quite a number of popular restaurants within 150 metres of the hotel lobby.

Checked out 12 Sep after four nights in a double room - it was smallish although very comfortable - the bed was great had excellent sleep each night. Breakfast was included - the choices were adequate for me - the freshly cooked eggs were just right.

The hotel is over two levels - it has long corridors - some open patios to enjoy the outdoors - air-conditioning in the room was excellent - the temperature was adjustable which is far better than most Chinese Hotels.

Initially I was allocated a loft room with the bed up steep and narrow stairs - unless you are a mountain climber try a double room.

I enjoyed my stay - staff had minimal English which was fine as managers are there to help if needed.

It's ok...recommended - it is a good value hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

The room we book have a sofa at living room, and the bed is on upstairs. The service is good. Everything is clean. Recommended to stay here. Location is near to the wetland. Not really close to the west lake. We book here for a night as it near to the west bus station and we can hoop on the bus to tunxi huangshan.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family