“Much improved”
Review of Starbucks

Starbucks
Ranked #6 of 51 Coffee & Tea in Xi'an
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I didn’t want to visit this Starbucks because I remember how badly my wife was treated last time but it was so warm outside and we wanted a Frap so we decided to venture in again and give it another try. The service was very nice this time, the servers spoke English and the drinks were great. It wasn’t even crowded this visit and perhaps that’s what made for better service or maybe the last person had gotten fired. In any case, I will come back to this store again in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I don't usually go to international franchises when I travel, but here we had no other option, because all other cafes opened at 10 am, too late for breakfast when there's so much to see! We were staying across the street, so location was perfect too. It's like any other Starbucks, but this time it was a life saver.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Great location, on the west street square, between the two towers.
Staff not keeping up the expected service level, poor english. Quite crowded.
The place needed a cleaning, especially the toilets.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

This Starbucks is conveniently located and serves good coffee. This Starbucks has a western toilet but it was really dirty and smelled terrible.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We were craving our hazelnut Frappuccino and still looking for our Xi’An mug. It started raining and we were by the Drum Tower Square actually closer to the Bell Tower side and spotted a Starbucks. It seemed like such a perfect location and it was. However, as it started raining everyone ran inside and grabbed seats without ordering. We ordered our Fraps and finally found our Xi’An mugs. The cashier however was the rudest and loudest cashier I’ve ever encountered at a Starbucks. She was basically yelling at my wife. I told my wife to stop talking to her and I just started recording the conversation and asked for her name. The craziest thing is my wife is Chinese and it’s not like she was annoyed with us for not being able to communicate because my wife speaks Chinese. She said she didn’t have a name! I asked for her name because all of the other employees were wearing name tags but she wasn’t wearing one. I told her I would call corporate and show them the video, her rudeness and for her not giving her name and she then said her name was Vicky. After the incident, our marble pound cake was dry and the Fraps just weren’t right. My ham and cheese croissant was ok but if you’re looking for a friendly Starbucks, avoid the Bell Tower Starbucks at all cost.

Been to Starbucks? Share your experiences!