“Breakfast could be better”

Yi Pan Italian Restaurant
Ranked #156 of 7 394 Restaurants in Guangzhou
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2015

I love my breakfast. I travel just to experience the breakfast buffet!

the buffet here was nice..... but only nice. It was missing something. For such a large restaurant in such a fancy hotel, it needed more. Was very "meat and potato" like....

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great variety of food, all made and served to 5 star Western standards! Also a good international wine list!!!

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I was looking for an authentic risotto and this restaurant pretended to be an authentic Italian restaurant... Well I received a tiny portion of a bad cooked rice that they pretend to call risotto for 188¥ LOL !!

Pizza was tasteless and tiramisu was fine but really far to be the best in Guangzhou !!

It's really not worth the price they charge, you can find much better for one third of what they charged !!!

1  Thank OnclePicsou75
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I am from Hong Kong I spent a weekend in Guangzhou to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and I picked this restaurant for the birthday dinner. I emailed the restaurant two weeks ahead and received swift and attentive reply. The manager saved me a private room and suggested a nice pre-set menu based on our preferences.
When we got there we were greeted warmly and the food was above average (but frankly of course we would have better choice in Hong Kong, still I find some of the dishes very tasty), And Paul, the restaurant manager sent us a birthday cake for free.
Overall I find the experience comfortable and a nice pick. Keep up the good work!

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed 8 September 2013

When I sat down to do this review I was shocked to learn that this restaurant was ranked to highly. The food was good but hardly great. The seafood lasagna was expensive but the only seafood I could identify was the smoke salmon the chef placed on top. The taste was blah and totally uninspiring. My colleague said the same about his food. The atmosphere was very formal in the standard Chinese way, wooden tables, chairs slightly too big, etc. But there was nothing Itslian about it. When we sat down, the floor was full of the prior customer's dinner including pieces of shrimp. I am not sure what's more disturbing, people not picking up after themselves, or the restaurant not properly cleaning tables and floors.

I won't be back in this restaurant mainly because of the high prices they are charging. For a lower price, I might be willing to put up with average food and a less than fully sanitary environment.

Date of visit: September 2013