Book In Advance
Tours from Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg
from US$254,00
from US$88,70
from US$297,25
from US$203,00
More Info
All reviews private tour two days day tour catherine's palace via email responded quickly email communication cruise ship city tour beautiful city spilt blood arranged everything highly recommend this company extensive knowledge credit card amber room guide elena
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had 5 days in St Petersburg as independent travellers. Prior to traveling we had frequent communication with Kira to organise what we should visit. Olga our guide was really good, excellent English and such depth of Knowledge. Our driver was also very friendly and did speak English. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank WestSussexWhitefox
Reviewed 22 September 2018

We just completed a 3 day custom tour of St. Petersburg for a group of 6 seniors. We chose Best Guides on the recommendation of an acquaintance. In the planning stages the staff at Best Guides were very helpful in suggesting an initial tour which we modified to suit our needs and was planned to be done at a leisurely pace. At all times Best Guides were willing to modify the tour to fully suit us. Our tour guide, Irina, was very knowledgeable and looked after us in every respect. Over the 3 days we had about 26 hours of touring so that we were easily able to sustain a reasonable time schedule. Besides visiting most of the major sites Irina was able to modify our schedule so that we could visit a local grocery store as well as take a subway ride. One of the highlights was lunch with a Russian family as we wanted to see how ordinary Russians live today; this was most informative. Overall we felt that the cost gave us excellent value for money. We would highly recommend Best Guides to tour St. Petersburg.

Date of experience: September 2018
3  Thank Tour779864
MashaV_BestGuides, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Tour779864
Thank you for taking time to write this review. I’m very happy you like Irina. Thank you for the god words about her. I’m very pleased you consider us to be very flexible. I believe it’s our special feature. We always try to suit all special needs, wishes and expectations of our guests. I’m especially glad to know you enjoyed lunch with a Russian family.

All the best and you are always very welcome to Russia!

Masha Vankova, Best Guides Team

Reviewed 16 September 2018

At the end of August 2018, my wife and I had a three days private tour with this company.
The program was OK. Our guide had a very good knowledge in history and arts.
She explained everything very well in clear English. Unfortunately, on the three days we spent in this beautiful city, two times she was too late in the morning, due to "traffic jam". I regret this very much because her late arrival was the cause of a rush in the first hour of the visits : the driver had to hurry and we had to hurry in order to catch up the lost time.
So we had to speed from point to point.
In the city itself, the driver was very careful.
I think the Best Guides company is good, but maybe they should teach their staff to get out of bed a bit earlier.

Date of experience: August 2018
3  Thank Acacia9051

Dear Acacia9051
I’m so sorry for this situation. Of course it couldn’t be any excuses for our guide and for our team at all. We all apologize for her. I’m sure it had never happened before and it will never happen in future. All our guides come 5-10 min before the tour starts and in case of cruise excursions 20-30 min before ahead of the meeting time. Once again, I’m so sorry for it.
If you ever come back to our city and despite of this problem still book with us we will be happy to provide you with 2 hours of guide service and 2 hours of transportation (one hour for each day your guide was late) free of charge.
All the best and thank you very much for this review. It’s always important to know the truth...
Masha Vankova, Best Guides Team

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Booked Best Guides on advice from a colleague. Great advice. Elena was on time to start with and proceeded to give me details about St. Petersburg straight away. Booked for 2 days to visit hermitage and Catherine’s palace. Couldn’t fault her knowledge. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank warren c
MashaV_BestGuides, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear wcoppard,
thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm very pleased you had such a good expirience with our company. Thank you for recomendations. All the best and hope to see you again,
Masha Vankova and Best Guides Team

Reviewed 4 September 2018

I visited St. Petersburg this summer on the Norwegian Breakaway cruise ship. Only two days is a very short time to see the whole of St. Petersburg. But I'm happy that I was lucky to find Best Guides Company ahead of time and order a tour around the city from them. It was a shore tour for tourists with young children - Learn-and-Play. We were able to see all the main sights of St. Petersburg and our guide Maria told about them so that the children were delighted! A tour of the Hermitage was a real journey through the ancient Palace, where my daughters felt like princesses at a medieval reception. I think that my children will forever remember this trip. And they will dream of their whole life to come to St. Petersburg again. Thank you, Best Guides! Thank you, Maria!

Date of experience: July 2018
3  Thank chenxu73
MashaV_BestGuides, Owner at Best Guides -Tours in St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your review! It really makes me happy You know It’s much easier to please an adult group that children. I’m very proud of our guides and especially Maria. I’ve already send her the link to your review. Thank you! I hope your daughters will get a chance to come to St. Petersburg again. Masha, Best Guides