All reviews hotel is located tiny elevator arriving by train walking distance great boutique railway station per day fourth floor convenient location five nights bed was comfortable living room spoke english would stay here again major attractions porridge clean rooms
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in the city center, near everything! It is also walking distance to the Railway station, we took the high speed Sapsan train from Moscow, loved that we didn’t need to take a taxi. Hotel Anabel is not right on the sidewalk, once you arrive at 88 Nevsky you have to pass an arched entryway and pass a courtyard. Anabel is on the left side opposite Don Juan gentlemen’s club.
Upon entering the building there’s a security counter and up a set of stairs is the reception. Checking in was a breeze, ladies in uniform, very professional. Room was lovely, immaculate, tastefully done, it had everything we needed, my only complaint is that toiletries come in little packets and they did not give us enough, other than that I absolutely loved the room. Bed was comfortable and the comforter nice and fluffy. Breakfast was on point, they had a lady preparing pancakes and eggs, everything was fresh and delicious, including the coffee
We loved our stay at Anabel and loved Saint Petersburg.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Didn't understand what was the difference between the superior and regular room. We had Superior but no charging ports near bed or table only ones were behind closet. Bathroom was quite cold. And found used snus(tobacco) in two places. But breakfast was good, really something else, not your regular buffe. Our chef/waiter was really lovely. In reseption there was shorter lady with dark hair who was really friendly. Also very good location and overall clean and nice hotel with good WiFi.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

This location was fantastic, close to a few metro stations and not too far down Nevskiy to all the touristy stuff. It's enough off the avenue to be nice and quiet (despite the interesting-looking venue next door), and felt very safe at all times. It was easy to get to and be collected from by taxi for the airport (with the hotel organising this well).

We were on the fourth floor - each floor has its own little breakfast area with kitchen where someone serves hot food to complement the cold buffet. I'd actually had someone visit the hotel and check out all the floors/rooms and we liked this one best, especially with a nice flexible layout at breakfast for our group of four, it wasn't all small tables. The buffet was a good selection. I'm vegan but didn't bother asking at reception about soy milk etc, though I'm sure they would have done this as we'd checked in advance - I just didn't need it as I ate well enough! The staff sometimes spoke English, sometimes didn't, but hot food was always obtainable/refusable with the odd word and pointing and smiling :)

Having the breakfast room always available with tea/coffee facilities was a huge boon for us, especially as a group of friends in different rooms, it was great to have somewhere to convene between trips, it just added that extra homely dimension like being back in your living room. It was never too busy.

The rooms themselves were nice, quite small but I'd always compromise on space first in order to stay somewhere affordable! They were clean and not too dated - the bathrooms were all clearly very new and of the highest standard, I do appreciate a good shower!

The bed was quite soft and the pillows huge, but in combination this meant I had a decent pillowless sleep. There was also a temperature control in the room which did seem to work, and the duvet was lovely so I always erred on too hot not too cold, which is the right way to lean in Russia!

All in all, this is staying on my list and I will be back again when I revisit SPB to do all the things I couldn't fit in on this trip!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Georgina P
Reviewed 8 September 2017

A centrally located hotel, with lift, friendly efficient and helpful reception staff. Breakfast is served on each floor. A buffet help your self with hot daily speciality's cooked to order by a friendly Russian ladies, hardly a word of english but the food is provided with love and pride different types of porridge every day, and blini filled with sweet cheese. There have also been fried eggs fat buttermilk pancakes called oladyi which were great - not to mention the huge spread of juice, cereal, fruit, cheese, salad, toast ... One other thing to mention was the wonderful carrot and pepper pickle to eat with cheese.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent location and very friendly staff. Staff spoke English. Short walk to subway (10 min), shopping malls, excellent restaurants,etc. I visited during March and the hotel was an excellent price. Stayed at this hotel for about 13 days. Wi-Fi worked good. Everything in hotel room worked well. Clean and in good order. If I needed a hotel again in St. Petersburg I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple