Reviews (1 888)
1 888 results
1 388
1 388
All reviews rooftop bar red square the club lounge top floor four seasons caviar perfect location tverskaya street fantastic hotel rooms are spacious bolshoi theatre metro station novikov rc kremlin luxury russe
7 - 12 of 1 888 reviews
Reviewed 8 February 2019 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a dozen times. My experience at the front desk has been mixed. The reason I wanted to leave a review is because this trip 2 people went beyond my expectation. Tatiana at the breakfast area (manager) was attentive and remembered my coffee and seat preferences. Evguenia at the Spa front desk accommodated my requests. Good job!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2019

This is my "home" every month for a week or so. No place is ever really home BUT the staff at the Ritz make this as close as you can get ever.

The Staff are beyond brilliant... anticipating my needs and tailoring my stay to perfection. Remember all 5-stars are all the same in building really - it is the staff that make a place special. And there are no better staff ANYWHERE and I do travel globally a lot .

To all the staff - thank you again - from the front office staff to the reservations team to the people that make sure I get all the special green tea I like, you make weeks away from my family go faster with your care and attention

Room tip: Go high and light
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2019

Arrived at 7.15 am after a flight from Singapore, not expecting our room to be ready, and it wasn’t, as the hotel was apparently fully occupied the previous day. We were told by checkin that checkout was 1pm and that as soon as the guests checked out our room would be cleaned as a priority....unfortunately the previous guests tarried way too long and one thing led to another resulting in checkin about 4.30
pm. There was also a problem with our suite which resulted in a request for a room change. At this point my opinion of the Ritz Carlton chain and the ritz Carlton Moscow in particular was anything but positive. The day manager, Victoria, however worked exceptionally hard to come up with alternatives and in the end we were allocated a very nice alternative at a cheaper rate, promised a refund for the difference
which has since come through, and received a complimentary meal at the roof top restaurant. The effort to resolve the problem and the subsequent service from all the staff was exceptional and went way beyond what I expected. They truly turned a very bad start into an affirmation of what service is about and has restored my opinion of the Ritz Carlton to the point I would preferentially seek to stay again at one of their hotels.

Our room, 1012, overlooked the central atrium and although not as light as an outside room was extremely quiet and spacious with a separate seating area, couch and waiting desk. The bed was a very comfortable king size and the bathroom was spacious, luxurious looking in that 5 star luxury hotel look and had a bath which was a pleasure to use after a long day walking. Prior to this we had booked a suite.....but this turned out to be on the 4th floor not the 10th or 11th as expected, had a side view of an adjacent building wall and fronted onto a very busy and noisy main road, which was the main reason for our request for a room change. It was, however, HUGE!!!! If this is your main priority and you don’t care about road noise or the view of a wall, it would be perfect. Our substitute room was much smaller but I would pick it again over the original suite without hesitation. We also had club lounge access which was well worth the money. It was spacious, breakfast was extensive, it offered lunchtime afternoon and evening snacks and the ice-cream was a delicious offering after a long and hot day. It also had a marvellous view over Red Square and the Kremlin – get the club access...it was well worth it.
The Ritz Carlton is a short walking distance from Red Square and the Kremlin and is a very good central location with metro station close by as well. All up, despite, or perhaps even because of, the bad start, I have no hesitation in ranking this as 5 stars
and would stay here again without the slightest hesitation.

Room tip: internal courtyard rooms are very quiet. Check if your suite overlooks the Kremlin or the wall of an adjacent building
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rl_1949
Reviewed 4 February 2019

The R-C is perfectly located only a few steps from Kremlin. I usually stay in a Club Room which offers everything a business traveller needs: reasonably sized, working desk with all connections required, excellent amenities, Nespresso coffee machine (very important ;-) ) and a very comfortable bed with an excellent mattress.
I particularly enjoy the Club Lounge which offers a nice breakfast buffet. I also use it for relaxed and discreet business meetings.
Most of all, however, it was the hotel staff convincing me to become a regular: very attentive and always aiming at anticipating your needs and making you feel "at home". Although this should go without saying in a 5 stars hotel, I find it more and more to be rather the exception than the rule.

Room tip: Go for a room with club lounge access - it´s worth the extra charge.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2019

We chose this hotel based on its location in Moscow. It is just a short walk away from the Red Square, the GUM store and the Kremlin. They have a really good restaurant called Novikov Bar with dim sum to die for! Greatly enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: April 2018