Reviews (1 277)
1 277 results
All reviews across the river red square st basil red caviar basil's cathedral beautiful hotel perfect location kremlin view moskva river breakfast buffet is five minute walk large room business trip four nights st petersburg metro station concierge
2 - 7 of 1 277 reviews
Reviewed 10 February 2019

The hotel Baltschug Kempinski was a great experience in Moscow. With the airport being approximately 1 hour from Moscow, we arranged a transfer from the hotel and it made the process easy and convenient. Definitely recommend for winter stays as it took almost two hours with the road conditions that would be half the time in warmer months.

Staff were friendly, the check-in was simple and the room was very beautiful. Overall it assisted in making this trip very welcoming.

Key details for consideration include location: Red Square and St Basil's Cathedral are approximately a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel is also situated on a great street with plenty of food and bar options and a general store that benefit the convenience of the hotel.

The Pushkin museum is approximately 25 minutes walk from the hotel and the main station is approximately 10 minute taxi ride. Overall we were delighted we stayed here as the options in and near the hotel really made it a great place to stay and highly recommended for Moscow.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2019

First time in Russia and staying in a lovely hotel in an excellent position for the main sites totally seduced me. Throw in an excellent breakfast and there is nowhere better I could have stayed in Moscow.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Kempinski-Baltschug, Генеральный директор at Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2019

Dear Cerise_Cole,

We are most grateful and delighted to receive your high appreciation.
Thank you so much for highlighting your pleasant experience, and
namely the hotel's location and breakfast.
We will be absolutely pleased to welcome you back to the Baltschug soon!

With kindest regards,
Oliver Eller

Reviewed 6 February 2019

Kempinski Baltschug meets your high expectations. High standards apply as part of the Kempinski brand. The Baltschug location is perfect and the view on the Red Square from the luxury rooms is great and unique. The staff is friendly and helpfull and takes a personalised approach. All facilities are present and well functioning. Breakfast is super complete and the atmosphere is relaxing. Once you've stayed, you'll always come back... as we do !!!

Room tip: choose a room with view on the Moscow river and Red Square
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2019

Location of the property one of the best in Moscow.Staff very polite, friendly and well educated. From the moment I've arrived to Kempinski I felt like at home. 5 minutes walk distance to Red Sqare! Amazing view from the Room!

Room tip: Best Location
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 February 2019

My experience at this hotel was sublime to say the least. To begin, I arrived early morning after a 10 hour flight and was greeted by Pavel the doorman, who took care of my luggage and welcomed me to the hotel. I was then invited to have breakfast by Bogdan and to check back with him at Reception to see if there might be a room available. At breakfast I met Katerina, who welcomed me warmly and explained the layout for breakfast. I had breakfast there all but one of my six mornings. She was incredibly friendly and since I was alone, she would stop by my table randomly to check on me or to see if there was something else I needed. After breakfast, Bogdan was able to check me in and gave me a gorgeous room on the fourth floor facing the Kremlin, a stunning view despite the nearby bridge construction. Be warned, you will hear some noise but it didn't bother me in the slightest. My suite had two huge rooms, which were well appointed, everything worked properly, the suite was spotless and you can even open the windows! The bathroom was huge and had a gigantic claw footed bathtub and a seperate rain shower. the bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept well each night. I had room service twice, and each time my order was delivered within 15-20 minutes, with no missing items. I speak only a few words of Russian so it was nice that each employee I encountered spoke English fluently. Throughout my stay I interacted with many of the employees and they were all friendly, warm and competent. Besides, Pavel, Katerina, Bogdan, there was Artem in the bar who was fantastic and Nina in the Executive Office was most helpful to me. The hotel's location is perfect, just across the river is the Kremlin, Red Square and GUM, and you are a few minutes walk to a Metro station with three lines. You just couldn't ask for a better spot. When looking for a top notch place to stay in Moscow, I guarantee you will have a fantastic stay like I did at the Hotel Baltschug. My compliments to Management, what an incredibly well run hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo