6 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (4 266)
4 266 results
2 984
2 984
All reviews bolshoi theatre red square harp music art nouveau historic hotel perfect location breakfast room wonderful hotel caviar high ceilings excellent breakfast metro station lobby bar four seasons kremlin concierge gum
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 4 266 reviews
Reviewed 8 May 2021

It was my 2nd stay in this hotel. First one was in September.

Intro:
I'm not an idealist and I'm not afraid of dust, but below I'm listing issues I faced and did not expect from 5 star hotel in the heart of Moscow for abot 30K rub per night.

Booked a deluxe suite with breakfast for 3 nights.

Cons:
First - the floor in the toilet was dirty with some nails on it. After a call to reception it was cleaned. Not ideally, but better than before.

Second - the carped was dusty.

Third - parking became paid since April - 3000RUB for hotel guests per night (it was free before)

Last one - no excuses or compliments or any other feedback came after a mess in the toilet.

Pros:
The renovated suites looks really good. Need some repair in some places, not perfect, but fine for me.

Breakfasts are excellent. Red caviar and sparkle wines included. Live music.

The location is perfect.

The architecture is awesome.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank skyliver23
Reviewed 13 June 2020

The most amazing breakfast! The restaurant is large and that gives it a feeling of space. Variety of food selection. Fresh juice and Champaign, caviar and lots of good cheese! Great location in the center of city!

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Elena O
Reviewed 27 April 2020

I was told to choose a five star hotel in Russia as all the other ones would be terrible. And the more I learn about Russia, the more I am convinced that this simply is not true. Although this is a five star hotel, it is overpriced and over hyped.

I am not sure that I could 100% recommend this property. The location is worth it, but other things maybe not.

Location: Fantastic! Close to the Metro, close to many things, in walking distance of the Red Square, St. Basils, and the Kremlin.

Décor: Classy, traditional, beautiful. Rooms are not that big, but they are big enough for 1-2 people. They have humidifiers if they are needed and heaters also if needed if you forget to bring warmer sleeping clothes. But I would suggest you prepare in advance as they are limited.

Staff: Mixed. Some staff members are good. They are extremely helpful, there is one concierge there that is truly the most valuable asset to the property, and I cannot remember his name. He has a babyface, but is loved by guests and staff alike. If I had a hotel I would love him to work for me. But he is the only one that knows his job and does it well. He is a true winner of the hospitality industry, and what they strive to instill in all employees. Bravo to him! Most staff are knowledgeable and willing to assist with most requests.

Other staff.. Just doing their job for the most part, nothing wrong with that. But there is one guy in particular whom doesn’t know what I saw him do, but I have reported him to staff after returning home. I saw him talk to a guest about his baggage and then when he turned around he rolled his eyes like what the heck is wrong with this guest to another employee who laughed. This sort of thing, no matter what level of hotel, is unacceptable!

Noise: I heard footsteps above me almost every night. The front desk staff I mentioned above is the one who came to my room to check, I told him to sit and wait as it comes and goes periodically, he refused, only spending a few minutes, and then leaving. I was mad, anyone knows that noise will not happen continually, and sometimes it takes time. I could tell he thought I was stupid, but it happened continual. Reported to management, they could only offer to change my room, which was a headache.

Breakfast: big, but crowded. Lots of choices, but everyday almost all the same food. But I think their buffet breakfast is a plus.

Security: You will be inconvenienced by security at all doors. They will check your bags on entry every time you come back. Their was an ambassador from another country staying at the hotel when I was there, and thus security was a higher priority. No matter if they know you or not, they will still check your bag. A little bit inconvenience, but actually I didn’t mind, it just takes a few extra minutes. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

I am not sure that I would choose this hotel again or not, there are so many nice properties in Moscow that I think I would prefer to stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: May 2019
4  Thank CrunchyMonkey
Reviewed 14 April 2020

I went to Moscow in April 2019 (had to choose May from the drop down list, it didn't go any further back but it was April) and stayed in the Metropol. It is the epitome of luxurious glamour, gorgeous building inside and out, excellent breakfast buffet, amazing location in the center of Moscow right between the Bolshoi theater and the Red Square. Staff is extremely polite and respectful but in a kind, not distant way, they speak English and are very thoughtful: we were there during our catholic Easter (Easter in Russia is a week later) and the staff actually left us a big chocolate egg each in our room on our Easter day. You feel like you're living in a fairytale or another dimension at the Metropol, and it made for a truly memorable trip. I don't have a single drawback to note in my experience; I cannot wait to return.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank InLoveWithLuxury
Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

I stayed in this beautiful hotel in January.
I picked this hotel because of the beautiful architecture and because of its history.
I think it is so much nicer to stay in a hotel with a story than in a chain of hotels as it makes me feel more connected to the place I am visiting.
The service is impeccable and the rooms are beautiful.
Big shout out to Elena Seyfert for helping me and making me feel super welcome.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Anisha L
GR_Metropol, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Hotel Metropol Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

Dear Anisha!

Thank You for choosing Metropol and taking time for this lovely review! The team shares your admiration of this place historical heritage and gorgeous architecture. We are also realy proud to receive compliments from You regarding the service, in particular for our lovely Elena. Making our valued guests happy and excited is what makes our day.

We hope to have You back at Metropol many more times!

Best regards,