Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$301
CheapTicketsUS$301
FindHotelUS$301
Reviews (1 227)
1 227 results
All reviews great location red square bolshoi theatre the executive lounge lovely hotel central location major sights large bathroom main attractions cafes and restaurants buffet breakfast lobby bar concierge kremlin petrovka tsum metro
Selected filters
8 - 13 of 1 227 reviews
Reviewed 11 January 2020

Great spa facilities, but best part is the location - easy walking distance to all major sights - Bolshoi, Kremlin, St Basil’s Cathedral. Lovely hotel - good bar area (open til early hours). Moscow as a City was beautiful at Christmas - lights everywhere; we visited 8th to 11th Jan, before catching train to St Petersburgh. Recommend this Hotel as reasonable price for 5* facilities in such a central location.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Dawn043
Royal A, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2020

Dear Dawn043,

We are delighted to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and well located.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel so that we can take care of everything for you once again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2020

The property is located a leisurely 10 minute walk from Red Square and Metro stations even closer. The Bolshoi and TSUM are just 2 blocks from the hotels main entrance.

I was upgraded to a room on the 6th floor facing the main street, Petrovka St. However, my fears that it would be noisy were unfounded. I do believe that noise would indeed be an issue with the rooms facing the restaurant atrium. The room itself was spacious with a very large bathroom that had both tub and a walk-in shower. There were, however, a couple of issues with the room.

The bathroom drains needed some maintenance in both the shower and the sink. The shower would fill up to almost over flowing after a few minutes, just about the time it took for the water to get hot. It wasn't too much of an issue since the tub's drainage was fine and it had a hand held shower head. The sink's drainage was an issue as well and the toilet seat would not remain up.

One other issue with the room was the light from the outside. Like most structures in the area, the building is lit up by spotlights. One happened to be right outside the window which kept the room subtly lit in spite of the room darkening drapery.

The room had plenty of storage, a couch, desk and chair, large wide screen TV. The HVAC worked wonderfully. Unlike other properties where the cooling range doesn't get below 19, I was able to cool the room down to 17 at night without having to open the window. The unit quickly heated the room up to 22 in the morning.

The upgrade came with access to the executive lounge which was very comfortable. Beer and wine were complementary during the evening reception which had hot and cold hors d'oeuvre. Soft drinks, tea, coffee and snacks were available throughout the day and continental breakfast in the morning. However, the buffet breakfast in the atrium offered so much more, as one would expect.

The bar/restaurant in the lobby was ok. There was much choice for a vegetarian other than a Greek salad. With so many restaurant choices in the area, it was not an issue.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms on the restaurant atrium if you are a late sleeper.
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank JFGoDan
Royal A, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2020

Dear JFGoDan,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel when visiting Moscow and for taking the time to share with us your feedback concerning your stay.

You indicated in your response that your were not entirely satisfied with your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. The points that you mentioned on your comment will be taken care seriously. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Thank you for taking the time to provide so detailed review of our property and for bringing your experience to our attention.

I understand that this visit was not as enjoyable as it should have been, but I hope that you will consider returning whenever you are back in Moscow so that we can ensure you receive a proper Marriott experience.

Konstantin Goriainov| General Manager| Marriott Moscow Royal Aurora

Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

Great people, very clean. Best location for all attractions. Very near to best cafes and restaurants. Close to the best shopping district in the capital Moscow. Do not miss the salon in house for a great haircut if you require one.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MoShanti
Royal A, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2019

Dear MoShanti,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your Royal Aurora experience on social media. I was delighted to read that you appreciated our staff, location and cleanliness.

I look forward to sharing your kind comments with the entire team, as I know that your words will make everyone proud.

I hope that your travel plans bring you back to the hotel soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2019

A very nice hotel in downtown Moscow. The location was great, providing a easy walk to the various landmarks etc. The room was a good size, amazing large bed and clean / modern bathroom. A big thank you to the overnight manager whom let a few of us set up in the lobby bar and terrace in the early morning hours to watch the Pacquiao vs. Thurman fight happening in Vegas. The coffee and pastries was a great and welcomed bonus. большое спасибо

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CNDTravel

Dear CNDTravel,

Thank you for posting your review.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Marriott Royal Aurora and we are happy to read from your comments that you very much enjoyed your stay.

Your kind feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2019

Dear friends,
With great pleasure I would like to express the immaculate service my daughter, friends and I received at the Marcel Grateau salon.
We had to fly to Moscow from New York for a wedding ceremony (November 27, 2019).
I’ve called the salon on October 24, 2019 and spoke with Konstantin explaining that we need on that day 6 makeups and 6 hairstyles.
We had a great conversation and a several follow up calls from the salon.
On the day of the wedding occasion all 6 of us received an extraordinary service, we looked like Queens from a fairy tale!!!!!
Makeup, Hair, Manicure... beyond any expectations
While I was waiting for my turn - Gulya gave me a massage - wonderful job.
Next day after the wedding - we all had massages.
Nicolay Bogdanov and the staff deserve my Greatest Appreciation for a fabulous service!!!
I would recommend Marcel Grateau salon-spa to all my friends and can’t wait for my next trip to Moscow.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MariettaRozental
Royal A, General Manager at Moscow Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2019

Dear MariettaRozental,

Thank you for providing such a great feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience of visiting Marcel Grateau salon. Our collegues from the salon delivering the brilliant experience exclusively to hotel guests. Be sure I will pass your words to salon management.

Yours sincerely,