Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$186
Orbitz.comUS$186
ZenHotels.comUS$198
Reviews (1 206)
1 206 results
All reviews the club lounge red square excellent location superior room nice breakfast an upgrade business trip lobby bar rooms are spacious tverskaya concierge ihg metro kremlin pushkin personnel supermarket
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 206 reviews
Reviewed 17 January 2021

Room Category: Superior Room (Room 1101)
Hotel Status: IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member

See my profile page for my video tour of this hotel.

Overview

This is my fifth stay at an InterContinental Hotel. I have stayed at InterContinental Hotels in Cartagena (Colombia), Sydney, Melbourne and Cairo (I do not count the numerous other InterContinental Hotels I have had the pleasure of visiting for lunch or dinner). The Intercontinental Hotel is a favourite brand of mine and I would like to start my hotel tour videos with my stay at an InterContinental Hotel.

Background

InterContinental Moscow opened in 2011. It is part of a business centre which houses office spaces, restaurants and a supermarket. Previously, the now demolished Hotel Minsk (a brutalist hotel popular during the Soviet Union) occupies its prime location.
Location

InterContinental’s biggest plus is its location. It is within 2 minutes’ walk of three major metro stations – Pushkinskaya, Tverskaya and Chekovskaya. The boulevard ring is also within reach – this is great place to walk around (in summer and winter (especially at night with the host of lighting features). Within 10 minutes’ walk is Patriarch Ponds – a recreational park perhaps famous for being the setting of the opening scene of Master and Margarita. Here, you also find some of the best restaurants and bars in Moscow. Red Square is within half an hour walk. However, it is within easy reach by metro or bus (which will get you there from the hotel in less than 10 minutes).

Room

As an IHG Platinum Elite member, I was upgraded to a Superior Room which I was very happy about. I used to hold an IHG Ambassador membership (which guarantees an upgrade; however given Covid travel restrictions, I did not renew my membership this year). Superior rooms are located on the higher floors (I think 9th floor upwards) and provide excellent views of the city. We had a room with views toward Red Square and the Kremlin.

The room is modern and spacious. The bed was comfortable and my pillow preference was accommodated. I noticed that there were no bed runners, decorative pillows and under bed carpet in the room. I am glad that InterContinental Moscow is following protocols and best practice guidelines to minimise the risk of Covid (I note that masks are mandatory in public spaces (which are provided free by the hotel) and hand sanitisers abound aplenty in the hotel’s common areas).

The highlight of the room must be the TV inside the bathroom. I think all hotel rooms should have this – as it is perfect for long relaxing baths. The sink is beautifully designed; however, it is not the easiest to use when washing your face.

I have been used to Agraria luxury toiletries in my InterContinental stays and perhaps my only disappointment in my stay was the use of Natura Siberica toiletries. Has the exclusive partnership between InterContinental and Agraria ended? Sorry, but Natura Siberica does not exactly speak luxury. This is a small detail; however, it is exactly the small details which luxury hotels should focus on.

Facilities

Chekhonte restaurant offers buffet breakfast and Italian food for lunch and dinner. However, the restaurant was closed for lunch and dinner as the hotel is running a limited service due to Covid. We did not have the chance to try the buffet breakfast and opted to have breakfast elsewhere – due to the hotel’s location, there are plenty of excellent choices nearby.

The hotel has a lobby bar. We had drinks in the lobby in the evening. The cocktails were reasonably priced and delicious; however, some of the items are off the menu as they have run out of berries (there is an upmarket supermarket next to the hotel – I am sure they could easily have bought some berries there – again, small details).

The basement of the hotel hosts Mahash SPA. There is a range of massage, facial and beauty treatments available. The basement also hosts the fitness centre (which was modern and well-equipped) and the sauna and steam room (which were superb - I did not mind that the hotel does not have a swimming pool).

Overall, the facilities at this hotel are excellent. Added to this, the grand chandelier at the lobby and the art deco / Russian avant garde inspired interior makes this hotel an impressive place to stay in.

The hotel stands out for its service and I would like to commend everyone from the reception team to the staff at P square bar. However, I would like to mention the concierge team specifically. I rang the concierge team (Alexey) in the evening to book a breakfast table at Café Pushkin the next morning. Despite the late reservation, we were seated at a window table with excellent view of the boulevard ring. When we returned back to the hotel, Alexey approached us and asked us about our breakfast (which I found impressive since he knows me by name despite us not having met personally before). Again, small details – it is small details like this which sets a luxury hotel apart and makes a huge difference to one’s stay.

My stay at InterContinental Moscow reinforces my affinity to the InterContinental brand and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Moscow.

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank livingitforyou
Adelia Seifetdinova, Владелец at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2021

Dear livingitforyou,

First and foremost, I would like to use the opportunity, and thank you for choosing InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel, and for your constant loyalty to the IHG brand.
Also, it is my great pleasure to thank you for being a Platinum-Elite member of our the IHG Rewards Club Loyalty programme. Please know that is very valuable for us.

Apart from that, I am very grateful to you for taking the time to leave so detailed review on TripAdvisor.com. I would like to outline that such reviews as yours inspire our hotel team to keep the standards high and ensure the best services quality for our guests. With a great pleasure I will pass all your kind words to my colleagues.
Our hotel team works hard in order to create a memorable experience for our guests, and I am happy to know that we have managed to meet your expectations in regards to services quality.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. We will take into consideration those small things you have mentioned in your review in order to implement necessary improvements and make your guests' accommodation period even more comfortable, memorable, and guest-oriented.

It was our pleasure to have you staying with us at the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel. And I truly hope that you will grant us with another chance to welcome you back and show you our true hospitality and care.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2020 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located on Tverskaya Street. You could easily find some restaurants and shops nearby. Check-in was quick at the front desk and a bellman even brought luggage to the room. Very clean and quiet rooms, the view was wide, if the weather‘s good, you could see St. Basil's Ascension Cathedral. The disadvantage was that the overall facilities of the room were a bit old, and the breakfast at the lounge was average.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank thegymlad
AdeliaSeifetdinova, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2020

Dear thegymlad,

In the first instance, I would like to use the opportunity, and thank you for choosing InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel, and the IHG brand for your stay.
Moreover, I am very grateful to you for taking the time to tell us about recent experience at our property. It is important to mention that we value your feedback and rating a lot. Our Team day by day is striving to deliver in accordance with the guests' preferences and needs. And I am glad to know that everything suits your expectations.
It was our great pleasure to have you staying at our property.
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel to show you our true hospitality and care.

Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

Big thanks for Mikhail from reception, fully professional person who paid attention on my double booking and helping to sort it out. Hotel also nice, clean, good bed and nice breakfast! I would recomend this place for business travelers, bar service nice during evening hours. Well done team!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank AGI1216
AdeliaSeifetdinova, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Dear AttilaGG,

First and foremost, it is my pleasure to use the chance and thank you for choosing InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel during your stay in Moscow.
Also, I am very grateful to you for taking time to tell us about your accommodation period at our property. Please know that your feedback and rating on TripAdvisor.com are highly valuable in our day-to-day operation as here we love to make things work for our guests, and I am pleased to know that you found our staff attentive to your needs and the hotel services great.
With a great pleasure I will pass your high appraisal to Mikhail as such reviews as yours inspire our Team to work even better.
Once again, thank you for your kind comments. And I truly I hope that your experience at our property will be pleasant and memorable.

Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

I have just left the hotel for a business trip in Moscow. The room was comfortable and clean. They do not run the Turn Down of the room (strange for a 5 star hotel). Staff is friendly, in particular Ekaterina from the lobby bar/restaurant. She is always smiling and very professional. Probably they need more staff at reception as very often there is only one person. Overall my stay was very good!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank paolettoh
AdeliaSeifetdinova, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

Dear paolettoh,

First of all, I would like to use the opportunity, and thank you for choosing InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel, and the IHG brand for your stay in Moscow.
Apart from that, I am very grateful to you for taking time to write a complimentary review on TripAdvisor online platform. Please know that we consider our guests' feedback very seriously as we are constantly striving to make everything possible in order to ensure the highest services quality and to deliver in line with the guests' expectations and preferences.
We appreciate your complimentary review towards our hotel, services level, and the staff attitude to your needs. With a great pleasure I will pass your appraisal to Ekaterina.
Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel.
We will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel to show you our true hospitality and care.

Reviewed 5 January 2020

Located in the living heart of the city center, the hotel pretend to offer the competitive service of the five stars. They fail. After pompous lobby they provide expensive, but mediocre restaurant, and the room I got had chip crooked parquet and calked bathroom. Eateries a lot around, as well as short distance to many attractions

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank silencd
AdeliaSeifetdinova, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2020

Dear silencd,

First and foremost, it is my pleasure to thank you for choosing InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel, and the IHG brand for your stay in Moscow.
Apart from that, I am grateful to you for taking time to tell us about your recent experience at our property. Please know that your feedback is highly important in our day-to-day operation as we are constantly striving to make everything possible in order to ensure the highest services quality and to deliver in accordance with the guests' preferences and needs. However, I would like to bring you my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have faced at our property and for not meeting you expectations.
It should be outlined that we consider our guests' feedback very seriously and will do our utmost best in order to implement necessary improvements.
I truly hope that you will grant us with another opportunity to welcome you back at the InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya hotel, show you our true hospitality, and change your impressions to the better.