Reviews (2 041)
2 041 results
1 030
1 030
All reviews no tipping policy salt water wall climbing lagoon side fiji restaurant savannah grill mogambo springs kilimanjaro cafe firing range water pools man made lagoon lagoon view room swim up bar poolside room games room day trippers duty manager
25 - 30 of 2 041 reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We traveled to Plantation Bay in 2016 and instantly fell in love with the area. We loved the lagoon area, the rooms, the amenities and the staff were amazing. Karina was great from the get-go! She showed us around Plantation for our initial viewing of the venue. She was very friendly and answered all our questions. We felt very comfortable working with Karina the whole way leading up to our wedding day this past May. We can’t say it enough how much we appreciate Karina for all her assistance with making sure we had the perfect stay and wedding day. Our friends and family fell in love with Plantation Bay as well and repeatedly thanked us for getting married there lol. Karina really made the booking of our stay seamless and worry free. The shuttle service for airport pickup and drop off was great for our wedding guests as well!

Only regret is that we didn’t stay longer but we’ll be back real soon!!

Thank you again so much Karina and staff at Plantation Bay!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank jekah671
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Honestly while some of this resort's service is okay, for example their food service staff is okay, overall the resort's cleanliness, professionalism, service is awful. No help after contacting the manager. My room was infested with ants trailing on the window sill, while my waterfront, and the front door was covered in leaves and twigs. Ive paid twice the price for a waterfront room, yet the service for it was terrible. My kids and I were so afraid to step out of the waterfront due to the twigs and spiky leaves. We have came so far yet my kids were too uncomfortable to even swim, let alone go out and enjoy the porch. There are so many better resort options around this area, like the other Mactan resort. We went there for lunch, and honestly their service was far better than this one.

2  Thank Chun K
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Its a paradiseworth d money u pay for.The staff were friendly even i speak my local dialect cebuano..they have a good service..when my son got diarrhea,i call a service if i can buy a medicine for my son painly stomach..they sent a nurse right away like 5-10mins thry arrived to my room and check my sons status and got a medicine. I dont believed for d previous review about they only nice to tourist/foreigners... i think they treat the same as locals.Im feeling homey in this resort,i can speak cebuano and treat me friendly.Would definately going back to this resort and highly recommend to my friends.

2  Thank Mj P
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

By far our best experience in a hotel. My husband and I stayed here for a week, and we did not want to leave. The staff could not have been more professional and kind, the hotel is beautiful, the beach is private and quiet, the restaurants are all very good, with fresh food. Not to mention the spa and the care they offer. A special thanks to Janine and all the caring staff from the spa who took care of us all week. Finally, the activities the hotel offers are awesome and fully supervised. We went out at sea to swim with whale sharks. The journey and the lunch are included in the service. A real 5 stars service.
I highly recommend this little corner of paradise to disconnect and be pampered. You will not regret it !!!

3  Thank Yas A
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Do not believe those recent previous reviews. Our little family of 3 stayed in this wonderful resort a couple of weeks ago and we could not have been treated any better. This lovely gem of a vacation place is not your run-of-the-mill beach property. Yes, the short beach line may leave a little something to be desired, but the entire place speaks of class, calm, quiet, and true and friendly professionalism. Cuisine is on point, service is exceptional, and the no-tipping policy is a load off one's mind.

Thank you, Plantation Bay, for being our oasis of peace in the chaos that is Cebu.

Room Tip: Choose a lagoon room if swimming is a major part of your vacation.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family