Reviews (4 094)
2 571
1 009
2 571
1 009
All reviews ocean wing cowrie cove chi spa adventure zone tides restaurant ocean club lounge buko bar marine sanctuary fish food mini golf chinese restaurant private beach fish feeding tropical fish breakfast buffet white sand beach play area
19 - 24 of 4 094 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed for 3 nights. Comfortable spacious room. All the amenities you would expect. You wouldn't even know your were in the Philippines staying here which I didn't like. Made it feel a little inauthentic. There are a lot of children here. The main pool therefore turns into a kids pool. There is another wing which has an adults only pool which was much nicer. You could only use it though if you were staying in that wing. Breakfast at the restaurant next to the adults only pool was really lovely.

Room Tip: Stay in the wing which has access to the adults only pool
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tractor33
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Shangri-La Mactan is my second home in Cebu. Nobody is perfect in this world, but if anything goes wrong, speak to them and they will make it right for you.

I’m immensely grateful to the wonderful staff from the top down to housekeeping and cleaning crew. They’re always smiling greeting you and assist when you need help. Being disabled is not fun but coming to this paradise puts a smile on my face!

From reservations, check in, in room dining, Tea of Spring, Tides, Aqua, Ocean Lounge, Health Club, Beach, Pool was a wonderful experience. Saira who checked me in, Jonathan who brought my luggage to my room, Joe Marie and his entire staff at Tea of Spring, both housekeeping guys (sorry forgot your names), Jaybe, Clyde and their entire staff at the Ocean Lounge, the guys at the pool outside Aqua, the staff at Aqua for breakfast, the staff at Tides and I’m amazed with how vigilant the lifeguards are when I was at the main pool enjoying after a dinner stroll of the amazing grounds swim.

I’ve one to enjoy luxury when I’m on vacation. I want to be pampered and I want my money’s worth! The Chi Spa is to die for. It’s a whole world within a resort. You walk around the perfectly landscapes grounds of the resort and follow a path that will take you to the world of Chi. You will immediately relax the minute you walk into the Chi compound.

Nothing can go above Shangri-La in Cebu! World renowned and loved by tourists and locals.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed 5 days at the ocean view. Hotel and the view is amazing. We had breakfast and dinner buffet daily. Our highlight was Dinner buffet at Tides. It was delicious they had a variety of different food. Just like to mention we had a host Carl that looked after us. Definately top shelf that went above and beyond customer expectation. Definately an asset to Shangri la. See you all next year

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I just checked in and am not impressed. The room has not been updated. The furniture is worn, stained, and chipped. The bathroom counters could use polishing. One of my colleagues really talked this place up but I am disappointed. Not sure what other options are nearby but I’m not happy. See pictures for stained furniture.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MyFeetTravel
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MyFeetTravel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I’m sorry to read of your experience and hope you will accept our apologies for the disappointment. We value your feedback and we have noted them down for our action, especially your sentiments about our furniture.

That’s being said, we are projecting in rejuvenating the resort fully, whilst we have on-going preventative measures to upkeep the conditions of the rooms and facilities, whilst we have not completed all yet.

That said, my team and I hope we will have another opportunity to truly delight you with an excellent service soon.

All the best,
Joost Folkers, Resident Manager
for René D. Egle, General Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

We come here every 6 years, we don’t stay short we stay one week but this time we check-out early due with RACIST customer service. Resort was love but always about the experienced. Pick-up, never explain it was shuttle and the counter never busy at all just ignore us and let stand in corner while other guest come in was treated well, have to wait an hour (I’m patient and waited never say anything just observed). Arrival at hotel, security what the purpose stay here? Ah, I have reservation.‍♀️
REA front desk get even worst, 3 guest including us, we were in line, 4 front desk, no one to greet us, sad. REA was cold and kept coming back & fort at the back to check something. I ask everything okay. She just said busy. I was quite all the time because I was in good mood and excited to have vacation and flight 24 hrs that day. I got exploded when she gave me lower floor and smell tobacco. Noise can be which I requested on my reservation no no no for everything. You still gave me the worst room.
REA front desk, you should ask your guest upon check-in how’s your day or how’s your flight. You should retrained or fired. I have no sympathy for people like you who have no heart and don’t care with your customer.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank blanket234

Dear blanket234,

I am deeply concerned to read of the issues you have raised as they do not reflect the true Shangri-La hospitality, and I wish to assure you that I will be looking into each one of them with my team. Please know that the shortfalls in service you experienced were the exception, not the norm. Should you wish to share more details with me, please email me directly at joost.folkers@shangri-la.com.

Thank you though for your continuous patronage, and I do hope you allow us to make amends should you return to Mactan.

Kind regards,