“Quite nice, but a little overpriced.”

Manna STK Food House
Ranked #59 of 171 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Price range: US$1 - US$100
Cuisines: Philippine, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We offer delicious native Cebuano seafood cuisine. We also have a choice of vegetable and meat dishes for non-seafood lovers. Dining here is definitely a fun, educational, and delicious experience! To identify us from the other sutukil restaurants in the area, here are our unique features: - located behind the stage at the right-most end closest to the Lapu-Lapu statue - Second floor has a view of both the Mactan Shrine's park and the mangroves and has an under the sea mural wall - Have a menu which shows all of our prices (no additional charges). The price you see is the price you pay. - All of our crew wear a uniform which is composed of a dark brown top with our logo (3 puso/hanging rice with a crab, prawn, shrimp, lobster and the word MANNA at the bottom) - All of our fresh fish, squid, shrimp, and prawns are inside a pest proof display/chiller - Our first floor is airconditioned with a view of the mangroves and unique Cebuano handicrafts and big posters providing some information about Lapu-Lapu, Puso, and STK - All of our furniture is wooden
Reviewed 6 May 2018

We were told by a dive center guide that the best place to get good seafood in the area was behind Magellan's Marker. True to form, 'touts' offered good seafood to us the moment we landed up there, and it didn't disappoint. There was a fair variety (the scallops were awesome), a nice view of the backwaters, some interesting music playing from nearby houses (:D), and overall it was a nice cozy environment.

Though the food was good, expected the bill to come to lower, since it didn't seem like a place that warranted a P1500+ bill for 2 people. Still, it was worth it, I reckon. I suppose all the seafood options in the area will have similar offerings in terms of variety, taste and price - I can recommend this one for the stellar view from the 2nd floor.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The visit of the Manna is in the meantime already tradition if I am here.
The selection of the fresh seafood before you go upstairs is already an event.
Upstairs you have a great few on the river / island. Lapu Lapu monument is close by but hidden by an ugly advertising wall. Nevertheless this will not disturb you enjoying the delicious food.

Mind you are sitting „outside“ on a covered balcony without aircon. Since there is always a slow wind blowing ..... simply perfect even in the very hot season.

Shangrila is about 5 min walking distance - Môvebpick less than 10 minutes. Walking to the hotel after diner / nighttime is save if you don’t show you jewelry to anybody:-)

Always again!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The ambiance of this place is nice. We ate at the 2nd floor- al fresco with the view of the sea (although it was night time so it was just dark). You would order the seafoods first (in the 1st floor). It was reasonably priced, no cooking charge or service fee.

We ordered the lato salad, halaan soup, garlic butter prawns and the baked scallops.
The salad, halaan and garlic butter prawns were okay. But the rea disappointment was the baked scallops. I was used to eating the baked scallops with the actual scallop attached to the shell. Here i noticed that it looked like the the scallop meat were just placed on the shell. And the scallop meat didnt taste fresh at all. (Versus the other baked scallops I had in Rico’s and house of lechon)

I asked the waitress if it was really like that, she said yes, coz they steam it first and then bake it. I don’t know. But it made me question where those shells came from. The possibility of recycled shells made me not finish my baked scallops order.

All in all, do i recommend? Probably not. But you can try it, just make sure to specifically say that you want your baked scallops ATTACHED TO THE SHELL AND THEN BAKED. But I still feel cheated. It kind of ruined the experience for me.

It’s a shame really, coz the place really looked promising. It may be a good place before, but i guess quality has declined lately.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

we went to have dinner here after strolling Lapu-lapu historical site. food served on time ( no long wait). Quite pricey compared to other seafood restaurant around.

A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This place is so overpriced for being a traditional Filipino restaurant. The staff are so incompetent and inattentive. I ordered two very simple dishes with my wife and daughter and then a group of 10 came in 5-10 minutes after us. They literally had everyone of their dishes before we even had our waters. The creepy baptist music playing is so strange. After receiving my food I was so angry I immediately paid my bill and left. You'll also have to deal with creepy beggars walking you back to the restaurant holding umbrellas and trying to trick you out of your money. Not going here again.