“Enjoyable though a bit expensive”

Acqua at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Acqua serves modern authentic Italian cuisine with a panoramic view of the ocean. Its signature pizzas, baked in a classic brick oven, are popular favorites.
Reviewed 2 July 2018

It is in Shangrila so I guess that is to be expensive. Service was good, and I was super hungry, not having had lunch and here I was already by dinnertime and it was almost closing. All servers were attentive. I ordered beef carpaccio and so far it was the most thinly sliced I came across, so i was pretty happy with it. The penne arriabbata was ok, not super spicy but just ok for me, nothing to write home about.
I think those who check-in can choose to have their breakfast buffet here, but they said it had lesser choices vs Tides. I liked the atmosphere and service so I will recommend to friends.

Anna M, F&B Marketing and Reservations at Acqua at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Cuh888,

Thank you for your review.

I’m concerned to know your sentiments about our prices, especially since we have special menu items in all our restaurants that offer great value for money. Also, please be assured that your comments on the buffet selection between Tides and Acqua have been noted for future refurbishment plans.

Having said that, I am glad you appreciate our resort and hope to welcome you back for another holiday.

All the best,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The staff here were not quite trained properly. I've ordered a Australian lamb loin from the menu and 2 pieces of rack of lamb came to the table. Since my wife's salmon risotto has also arrived, I did not question them why the discrepancy on their menu. I had to ask them for a steak knife for my lamb and the two pieces of the rack of lamb were poorly placed and presented on the dish.

My wife's risotto had this funny taste to it, we can't describe the spices which they have used, but it is certainly not an Italian risotto taste.............

Dear wma2016,

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you’ve experienced during your dinner. While yours was a bittersweet holiday with highs and lows, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Trust that we’ll be looking into all the areas that need correction with the team.

Having said that, I appreciate your honest remarks about the outlet and the team, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and delight you with a hassle-free stay next time.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

The price is hefty but the service and food are simply the best. I had lunch here with my family and fiance.

Dear Geneva D,
Thank you for your review.
We are delighted to know that you had an excellent time with your family and fiancé. We will note on your comments on the rates but we would like you to try the immense options that give you great value for money.

We look forward to having you on your next stay!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Food here was just okay. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary.

I think the service could have done better, considering this is a Shangri-la and well, comparing it to the superb service in Tides restaurant, which is also in the hotel.

Staff here are more than enough to cater to the number of tables. During the days we went, there were not many diners but still it was an effort to get attention from the wait-staff and they just seemed overall less attentive and happy than those at Tides.

Dear diaryofadesertfox,

We appreciate your kind remarks about the Tides team, and we would like to assure you that we will look into this concern about our colleagues at Acqua. We apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced during your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and delight you with a hassle-free holiday next time.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This place is terrible, we was feeling so unwelcome here . There are everywhere security people that make sure you don't step for even a moment in front of the restaurant and look the pool and beach which is right in front of the Restaurant.

My Girlfriend was feeling really insulted by the tomboy security person.
They're so creepy.
They're making everything possible so that you feel your not belong here if you come to eat a pizza here ...
Much better you go to another Pizzeria...
We want go back here.

Dear Alaya L,

We are deeply concerned to read of the issues you have raised as they do not reflect the true Shangri-La hospitality. Please know that the shortfalls in service you experienced were the exception, not the norm. We would like to assure you that these will be looked into further.