All reviews mini mart big room certificate of excellence close to the airport no lift cebu city the staff was friendly and helpful glass door convenient place to stay tv channels an overnight stay water pressure comfortable beds transit taxi supermarket
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

If this hotel was half or even a QUARTER of the price we paid, it would be totally acceptable; however, the price that we paid for one night at this hotel was not worth it at all. The bathroom was definitely NOT cleaned before our stay, the toilet seat was breaking off, shower very dirty and you might want to keep your curtains closed becuase the pictures they display on the website are nothing what it looks like in real life. As soon as you open your curtains your view is the slums. It is actually quite disturbing. And, unfortunately, though this is not something that they can do anything about, they really should not be charging the kind of prices we ended up paying! The breakfast we “okay”- did the job. The bed was actually very comfortable and felt clean. I have definitely stayed in CHEAPER hotels that are MUCH nicer than this one!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018

I stayed two nights at Dulcinea before and after a day-trip to Manila. Online booking was easy. The hotel is quite difficult to find unless you have a good GPS/map app. Hotel itself is at the 2d floor of this building, no lift, but the people are keen to help with the luggage. Friendly reception, and indeed you are immediately asked what you want for breakfast... Breakfast (included in the rate) is delivered to the room as the hotel has no restaurant. BUT, don't expect it before 7:00 AM. I asked if I could have it at 6:00, due to my early flight, but no way! Shuttle service to and from the airport is free and very convenient. The room was relatively large, clean, but totally open plan! No separate space for toilet and bath...as I was alone I didn't mind, but other people may find this...unconventional :-) Very good bed and nice sleep, many TV channels to help you relax. Wifi signal was weak, internet very slow, but working.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Josee S
Reviewed 8 July 2018

You know i stay here for 3 weeks with my partner ,I was unwell for my whole stay and could not go out at all,The staff were so concerned about me always there to help me and my needs i cannot find fault in hotel or the staff i hold my hat to you all so so very kind i felt at home there Im planing yet another stay this year too again for 3 weeks please no one knock these guys down love to you all see you soon take care god bless,

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oggie253
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a quick stop over after more than a week of trip in Malapascua.

As soon as we checked in, Receptionist asked us to choose what we want for breakfast as it needs to be prepared the following day. We were tired from a land trip and it is pretty obvious but I guess this is something that is really of high importance. I needed to ask if this is something that can be done on a later time as we are exhausted.

Upon entering the room, the bathroom floor looks very dirty. There are still very obvious footmarks on the bathroom floor. Bath towels maybe clean but looks filthy as it is already grayish instead of white. Situation of bedsheet is the same.

Upon booking, they have described the room as ‘ocean view’. We stayed in room 311 which has sea view but you can also see the slum and garbage area of the hotel. They should probably change the description to ‘ocean view of poverty’

As we only stayed overnight, we didn’t bother complaining about these things. We are on holiday so we try to ‘chill’ as much as we can.

Upon checking out the following day, I sent my husband to the reception to see if the transfer arranged for 10h30 is already. It was around 10:25 and my husband was told that the shuttle just left and we need to wait before 11.

I went back to the reception as we have a flight leaving at 12. I asked why the transfer left without us, especially it is something I have arranged to ensure we will not miss our flight. The response I got is it’s because the guests on the shuttle already want to leave. I was, once again told that we need to wait before 11. I asked, what time exactly is before 11 as I have a flight at 12 and the response I got is just before 11. After stressing to the reception staff that our flight is at 12, they finally came up with the idea of getting a cab for us. They even needed to bargain with the can driver while we are inside the cab.

It was even a little bit challenging to get the security deposit.

For what I paid for the room, it is totally a waste of money. I’ve booked other hotel within the area at cheaper cost and the service is way better. This, by far is the worst I’ve experienced in Cebu. Too bad I was not able to take any photos as I am more focused on taking care of our 8mos old baby who also traveled with us, but I made sure I have enough time to write this review because the service is at it’s absolute worst!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank CrzlbK
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Certificate of excellence that this hotel has is thanks to the service they provide and nothing else. I would rate the facility itself 3 stars but the service 4 stars.
We got the standard room and It is bigger than most other rooms in other hotels. Bigger bed also and comfortable to sleep in. This hotel offers free pickup and droppoff why many guests here are in transit. But that doesnt mean its low standard in any way or boy suitable gor longer stay. Sure the area arround is not nice at all and that is the big minus here but as long as you dont walk outside, just take taxi or are here on short transit stay then that doesnt matter at all (there is a mall infront of the hotel. you just go out left, take the walking bridge and then you are on the other side of the road, 3 minutes walk. in that mall they have some returants, shops and a supermarket if you want to eat or buy some stuff but not go far or by taxi).
Our hoteldriver from the airport was late more than half an hour, they blamed it on traffic but I was not so convienced and believe he started driving from the hotel after we arrived. But there was still one guy from the hotel waiting with my name on sign on time at airport and who called the driver once he met us. Once we arrived at the hotel I was postivily suprised by the service and the size of the room. For example they let us checkout one hour later without charging and still dropp us off at airport due to later flight. We also changed the drop off time twice and that was ok, no charge for changes. Also they lend us a waterboiler because i wanted to drink black tea (there is only green tea in the room besides the coffe). The breakfast is included and is served to the room with additional coffe if wanted. There is 2 versions of the breakfast and you can see both in the picture I uploaded, western is the egg dish while the other 2 with the fruits is the philippino breakfast. There is safebox in the room also.
This is a good hotel with a great service. its good not only for transit but for a longer stay also as I mentioned before, but ofcourse that mean longer drives into cebu city due to distance if you heading that way and is traffic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple