All reviews hot and cold shower free breakfast exhaust sachets internet
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Stayed twice already this year. We booked a triple room with breakfast. Location is one cab ride from the nearest mall - SM Ecoland and near teh transport terminal. There is a restaurant at the ground floor (Sagay), food and service is good. Room is with 3 single basic comfortable beds, hot and cold shower, bidet is not available but dipper is provided. The guard and other staffs were courteous & helpful. We requested for additional pillows and hair dryer and they brought these to our rooms. They helped us with our boxes and other things for there's no available elevator in the hotel, just the stairs. The only thing I disliked about our room was it has a creepy ambiance maybe due to the lighting, it's hard to sleep at night. Also the view from our room was a cable antenna of one of the neighbors. Wifi in our room was sometimes weak.

Room Tip: choose any room at the ground floor or 2nd floor for there's no elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2017

Pros:
1. Materials are of high quality. The towels were thick and felt like the one used in some 5-star hotels. Some 4 stars and even some 5 stars don't even use high quality towels as the ones in Casa Leticia. The bed sheets are also of good quality. The comforter is made of thick weaved fabric and feels heavy and looks like the one I only see in more expensive hotels. The undersheets are fine but I can't tell the difference between this and other 4-star hotels.

The bathroom is also equipped with high quality stainless steel fixtures. Even the toilet bowl and sink are of good quality. The bathroom floor tiles and the wall tiles look and feel like they were made and installed with high quality materials and high quality workmanship.

Hot water is consistent and the pressure was strong. I personally hate dripping water pressure and a hot water that seems to fluctuate from freezing to scalding in seconds. I am satisfied with the water pressure and the consistency of hot water, although I'm a bit apprehensive about how close they've installed the water heater socket next to the sink because a little splash could short circuit the entire room, if not the entire building.

2. Copious storage. I have been to many hotels but they seem to be lacking on what Casa Leticia has to offer: copious amount of storage spaces relative to the size of the room. The room has 3 cabinets and 2 drawers more than sufficient for my needs. They could fit my entire wardrobe if I had a month to stay in this hotel.

3. Wrapped glasses. I don't normally use glasses in hotels but Casa Leticia changed all that. The glasses are nicely wrapped with plastic.

4. Two-way light switch. 2-way light switch is something I don't often see in hotels. It's actually very convenient if you don't want to get out of the bed just to turn of the lights when you are really tired. Installing the other switch on the night stand really seem a nice idea.

5. Adjacent to the Ecoland Bus Terminal. If you need to go to a place using a bus, this place is very near although I don't actually recommend people to just walk there as the entrance to the terminal is quite far.

Cons:
1. No hand-held bidets. I am used to using hand-held bidets to clean myself after defecating and also to spray the walls and floors clean. Sadly, Casa Leticia Business Inn has none of those.

2. No exhaust fan. One of my biggest peeves is the smell of stool that's filling up the entire room. Although Casa Leticia has a nice water closet, I was hesitant to do my business because I did not want the room to smell like feces. I really wish Casa Leticia installed an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

3. No elevator. If you have a heavy baggage, the sight of the bellboy carrying your luggage through a flight of stairs will feel heavier.

4. No sandals. One of the things I do first when I reach the hotel is to take my shoes off and put on a sandal. Unfortunately, Casa Leticia doesn't have any of those.

5. Very slow internet. I know it is widespread in the Philippines and it is not the hotel's fault. But the internet was just to slow. I was so frustrated that I never used it. The fastest wifi I've ever had in Davao was in the Airport.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of road are noisy as windows are not sufficiently insulated.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2016

It was a rather pleasant hotel; centrally located but quiet enough. The security staff were wonderful and helpful. The receptionist were friendly and helpful. However, we were rather disturbed by the restaurant's lead/supervisor waiter behavior. He seemed a bit unprofessional--telling us to hide the tip, so the other waiters wouldn't feel jealous; telling us what other guests had given him for tips; etc. Our experience was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We booked this inn initially for 2 nights, but stayed only one night, based on its location next to the Ecoland/Overland bus station, and the booking issue with an unsatisfactory outcome. This inn location comes with some facts that you need to know about; the bus station may not be directly beside the inn property, but the buses parked all night long right behind our room, so we listened to horns, engine air brakes, and engine idling all night long it seemed. This was even with the air conditioner noise running, but it was not enough to cover the sound of those buses. It was also a healthy 25-minute walk, on and off sidewalks, the other direction, to get to the SM mall, and there was not a great selection of other restaurants nearby.

When we arrived for check in they informed us that we had booked mistakenly the night before and that we had lost one of our prepaid nights including the prepaid and included breakfast, stating that it is part of the Agoda reservation contract that was acknowledged when we reserved, meaning to me that they cannot refund our payment. But we did not want a refund, we just wanted to stay for the 2 nights we had paid them for.

I asked if they had been full or needed the room last night, or if they had to turn away a guest, or if they were booked full this night or the next, and they said they were not fully booked any of these nights. So I asked them why they would they not just change the actual dates to accommodate our booking error, since we paid them for 2 nights stay and it did not cost them anything to let us stay the 2 nights they had received payment for from us, especially since they did not need the room for other guests, so no loss to them at all.

It would be a win win situation for them because they would be able to take care of their customer who did pay them for 2 nights stay, and they would be able to show that they are concerned for their customers. I gave them several opportunities to offer the room to us for the 2 nights we paid them for, but they stuck to the contract is a contract, kind of like; too bad so sad, you signed a contract, you lose your payment, like there was nothing they could do about it or wanted to do about it.

The reality is that it would cost them nothing to simply allow us to stay for the 2 nights we paid them for, since they were out nothing and had the empty rooms available, as they stated, so they had nothing to lose and everything to gain, but they did not seem to even consider that it was the right thing to do. Not part of their moral or ethical business sensibility….. They should know better and have done the right thing for their guest, the right thing for their your business, what a concept, but no, they did not.

So I understand that it is written in the Agoda contract, and I could certainly understand that if they had lost out offering the room to another paying customer; then I would fully see that our error would need to be compensated for, but….. they lost nothing at all and were out nothing; and they had everything to gain, and could have made the hotel seem like a great travel partner for all future customer needs. They accepted taking payment for this room as their contractual right, for the services they never had to provide, so why not give the customer what they paid for, it would have made your customer happy, it would be a good decent moral choice, and you could feel good that you actually offered a fair fix for your customer, giving them what they paid you for.

All I can say is wow, in this day and age where most companies understand that your business survives on treating your customers well.

As a customer, a frequent traveler, and an avid believer in helping others make smart travel choices through sharing reviews, it makes sense to see a business taking care of their customers, and this inn chose profits and stated contract fine print, over an actual 2-way beneficial customer service choice… in my opinion.

I think it is important to let future guests understand this and consider how this manager and staff will work with them. It might have made the rest of the room experience more tolerable. So, for the rest of the room review…

In regards to our room, it was very small, and the bed just a double, which was okay because we are not too big. The room only had one towel and no floor mat for the bathroom, sadly we did not realize this until after we had already jumped into the shower. So we had to call for proper linen to be provided for our bathroom. The housekeeping section did not answer their phone either time we called and the front desk had to be called instead.

Later on we decided to hop into bed, only to find, once pulling back the sheets, that there were some long black hairs between the sheets: I have grey hair and my wife has dyed hair, so it came from someone else. Whether these were the cleaning lady’s hair or a past guest we would not know, but we called them again and had them change the bedding as well to be sure we had clean bedding to sleep in. Also the bathroom had a dipping bucket that was in bad need of cleaning inside and out, rather disgusting to think you were supposed to use this to rinse your body with, and no exhaust fan in the bathroom, making steam an annoyance.

So, not only did we decide to eat our meals elsewhere after the quality of customer concern, we also decided to stay in another hotel in Davao for our second night. We will never stay there again when we travel to Davao, and we recommend others to book here knowing the reality of their customer service/flexibility.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Casa Leticia business Ecoland is a very good hotel to stay near bus terminal in Ecoland. Only 300 meter walking distance. I have stay here a few times and I never feel disappointed. Price is low and room clean. One of my favorite hotel in Davao city.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo