See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Poor wifi service, no signal of cable, poor staff service.. when it comes to reservation, make sure that u already have the room before u arrived. What happened to us was a very disappointment. Always get the name of the person you used to talk to with regards to your reservations.

But one pro we had was hotel is very accessible to all.. tourist spots..

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2016

For the price I expected basic services. My family stayed in a family room which was adequate. A plated breakfast was included in the price. Few toiletries were also included. However the location is really a plus. We walked to San Pedro Cathedral, Peoples Park, Pasalubong Center, Aldevinco, the night market and many restaurants. The receptionist gave advises on locations of places to visit. They also took care of our luggage when we arrived earlier than check in. The hotel is clean and the price is really affordable. It was good that we were warned of the wifi situation that we brought our own pocket wi fi device. Other than that, no more issue

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2016

I've been checking-in in this hotel for thrice already. Their internet connection is always be my problem. In my recent stay in La Anclar i was quite pissed off because when I booked in the hotel, I have really asked them about their internet connection. When I arrived, the front desk canot give me the password because only the manager knows the password and I will wait until the manager will text me the vouch code of the internet connection. I wasted many hours in waiting for that internet password.

Another thing, restroom/bathrooms at extension building not so clean. There is only one trash bin both for the CR and other trashes in the rooms.

There are also stains on bed sheets.

I hope, hotel owner can do something for this.

Room Tip: Do not choose rooms in extension buiding
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

Overall&detailed review of the hotel:
Pros
1.Location
It is easy access to public transpo&easy to find since it is located at the City Proper of Davao.
2.Staff
They are very accomodating even if I have been calling them for many times to clarify things&confirm our booking.
3.Room
The room&restroom are both clean&it has t.v.(w/ cable),spacious closet.It has only soap&shampoo.
4.Price
It is very affordable&budget friendly with its rate it includes complimentary platted breakfast.
5.Water Dispenser
They have water dispenser in every floor for you to drink.
Cons
1.It has no elevator so you have to used the stairs.
2.It has only one glass.
If you are looking for an affordable&budget-Friendly hotel is one is for you.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TAMember_10152018
Reviewed 14 September 2015

The La Anclar offers cheap accommodation to solo backpackers like myself. I checked in via Travelbook.ph which cost me Php 710 (US$ 15.20) per night. The room was small but more than enough for backpackers.

The upside:

1. Adequate room with clean working bathroom with toilet and hot shower working good.
2. Bed is very comfy.
3. Very stable and speedy internet connection in Room 213.
4. Minimal to no noise at all.
5. Location is excellent. Just a few steps away from main thoroughfares, convenience stores and many city tourist spots are just a few blocks away. I just walked to the Museo Dabawenyo and D'Bone Collector Museum.
6. With complimentary breakfast consisted of a cup of rice, an egg and another dish. Fruit sometimes.

The downside:

1. Water glass and coffee cups are not available most of the time. For two days, I was told by the receptionist that they don't have the key to their kitchen.
2. Their House Rules card says that they clean the room regularly only to find out that you have to tell the reception to get it done.
3. AC in Room 213 already saw its best days.
4. TV is the old tube-type.
5. Security guard is not present in some hours in the evening. Davao is one of SEA's safest cities but we will never know.

Overall, my stay at La Anclar is good but the small drawbacks affected the experience (c'mon, I cannot drink coffee without a cup and coffee is the nectar of the heavens!).

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo