“Overall the best Restaurant within miles”

Sun Set Bay Beach Resort & Restaurant
Reviewed 21 July 2017

The restaurant is part of the Sunset Bay resort. I stayed there and had also dinner in lots of other restaurants in that area. But at the end I always came to the conclusion that sunset bay is the best and definitely better than some higher ranked restaurants (which I tried as well). The food tastes excellent, the veggies are fresh, the view (especially sunset) is stunning, the staff is nice so what do you want more? I can tell you: an Italian coffee machine and draft beer:) - something you find there as well !

One hint : Get a reservation its mostly crowded

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I arrived at this resort around 4 pm . I last stayed here 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. Was very much looking forward to it. I had not made a booking but they did have rooms available. I am a senior citizen and I asked them for the usual 20% discount. Sorry sir you are a foreigner, we only give discounts to Filipinos. I advised them I had a Senior Citizens Card and that this was the first time I had been refused on the grounds that I was a foreigner. I did not like the way the receptionist said it so decided to move to an alternative resort nearby where there was no problem in receiving the discount.
I make this comment only on the basis that I am senior citizen, resident here for 21 years it was already late in the day and if I had been the manager I would have given the discount if only to have a room occupied that probably stayed vacant for the several days that I would have stayed. We were only talking about a saving of 500 pesos not a big deal for either side moneywise but for me a big matter of principle.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

1. Meals - a bit pricey meal but worth it.. specially the vegetables its very fresh..
2. Rooms - it's very spacious and clean
3 Stuff - very accommodating
4. Beach - a bit rocky but kids friendly
5. Pool - Small but has a great view of sunset

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here two nights and it was heavenly! Great room with wonderful amenities, fabulous mattress and pillows, and a very up to date bathroom. Poolside on ground floor offers immediate access to the pool, beach, and restaurant. The restaurant offers a great menu and a very very low price. Unbelievably low for water front resort service. I can hardly wait to go back next time we're in the Philippines!!!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Hubby and I stayed with a large tour group (48 total), Manila's San Beda Highschool reunion excursion, for 2 nights and 3 days. The reunion committee made all the arrangements, including meals and shared sleeping units. We occupied it's entirety, and the overflow of us stayed at the hotel right next door. The resort is immediately beach front property, no walking or cutting thru other resorts to get to sandy beach. Surroundings on resort was clean with well maintained garden and swimming pool. Filipino native theme everywhere, charming. The dining hall and bar faces the beach, so the breeze was very welcoming.
The resort has an odd configuration, but it worked out well for us. Our room was on second floor with an open balcony with seaview. Air-conditioner worked well once we figured how to use it. Native theme in spacious bedroom, bed was comfortable, small plasma TV, clean unit all in all.
Bathroom is very unique to Filipino beach towns. No shower curtain separates shower from toilet and sink, so all is wet. The water pressure and hot water is strong. The towels are thin, so we asked for another set of towels.
Since our group was large, a timely buffet banquet table was always prepared for us.
Food was really good, but can't comment if it's always good like this or is it specially prepared for our large group. Those that stayed in hotel next door also partook of banquet meals.
The owner is a European who resides on the property, so great care is taken to provide best service possible. He did socialize with our organizers.
This not a luxury resort nor a mid-range resort, it sits at a 3 star because it is rustic.
Can't comment on the price because it's a tour group. It's far out of town to locate, but it is located by the local airport. It's clean, basic, and decent, staff is friendly, and that alone speaks volumes.

Date of visit: February 2017