“I like when I want Chinese ”

Taipan Garden Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Has become our go to Chinese restaurant. Interesting neighborhood downtown with hardware stores and markets. Hard to park sometimes. We go on weekends.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Visited: May 16, 2018

Would have given a higher rating beacuse food taste great plus the serving is worth the price but for me service counts a lot.

When we went there, they were catering an event on the 2nd floor and the staff said that is the reason why the food serivng time was long (We waited for our order for an hour, I have my kid with me that is why it's a big No-No) and staff was harassed. In my opinion, such events are usually pre-booked so the management should have anticipated the influx of demand from their kitchen and the staff for the event plus the regular orders of the people going to their place. This would have avoided people complaining for their long service as well as losing business since we saw sime of their guest leaving since they were not attended to.

Hopefully management can improve their service because their food is truly great.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 January 2018

On our way back to Manila, we head over to La Union for a day at the beach after our Baguio trip. After a while of searching for a place to dine, we suddenly came into this place. By the looks of the restaurant, I thought they serve expensive food. To our delight though, the food prices are very affordable! AND there were so many dishes to choose from, and serving was big.

It has sudden;y become our favorite restaurant in San Fernando (though we only tried one other restaurant.lol). We'll definitely come back! Highly recommended!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Whilst in the Philippines I always take my girlfriend here because the food is great the decor is great and it's right in the centre of the town.

I can understand the complaints about staff as they aren't always tentative but unless your in a hurry and want life to rush through this shouldn't matter. The most important part is the quality of the food and cleanliness of the restaurant and who your with.

I will still keep returning here regardless of the staff as what keeps me happy is the food remains top quality and the prices make it great value for money.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank LeFoodCritic17
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is good place to go for meals. The food is not only affordable but also sumptuous. It's a budget friendly restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2017