“After-Lunch Coffee Meeting”

Cuisines: Philippine, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

So we decided to have our meeting over coffee just across the house that chicken built after a hearty lunch with a client. And we spotted Cafe Juanita.

This more than 2-decade-old cafe in West Kapitolyo, Pasig is homey and romantic in a weird but delightful way. It must be all the Asian decorations and no specific color coding to furnitures and adornments that make it so. But the experience was worth it. I think I'll include this in my coffee to-go places here in Manila.

My meeting partner said the Thai milk tea is very delicious. I'll let you be the judge of that.

Date of visit: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 6 Stub App Smartphone

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Nice cosy place to enjoy reputable food. I had a business dinner and overall felt the visit was worth.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I like restaurants where the staff are mindful of what the customers need even before they ask for it. That is why I had a memorable experience in Cafe Juanita because their waiters really made sure we were comfortable during my first visit. In the parking area, the guard was kind enough to offer the space in the neighboring restaurant. When my friend arrived, the waiter was so nice to provide an extra table for her bag. When I ordered our lunch, the waiter noticed everything I ordered was dark so he suggested other dishes as replacement for a more enjoyable dining experience. Two thumbs up to their staff!

For lunch, we had Vietnamese spring rolls as appetizer which is one of the best I’ve tried. It was crispy & flavorful, not greasy, & a perfect way to start our lunch.

Our main dishes included dinuguan, bagnet, & squid adobo. They were good but do not really stand out when compared to the version of other restaurants where I’ve tried these dishes. Serving size was good for two to three guests. My dessert was buco pandan which was unique because the pandan jelly & sweetened cream were placed in a young coconut shell and it’s me who need to scrape the coconut meat. It was delicious but I think the serving size was small for its price.

The restaurant has an Asian theme with predominantly Thai decors and the owner made sure that no area was left bare. The restaurant looked really crowded but I guess it’s part of its appeal. One issue is the limited parking space so it can be a challenge specially during peak hours.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

From the restaurant's facade, to the quaint interiors and great ambience, to the food selection and quality all the way to the service, I can only say, I love this place! My personal favorite is their sinigang na bangus belly sa bayabas. The servers would even go to your table prior to serving the dish to let you try the soup and check if it's already up to your liking. I'm currently living abroad and every time I go home to Manila, I make it a point to include this in my "must-visits." Special thanks to Kenneth and Ronnel for making my last dining experience here with my partner an enjoyable one. They both took care of us and delivered an impeccable service throughout our dinner.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 April 2018

My Family was invited to a Birthday Party and the moment we entered the restaurant, i was amazed because of the setting is very classic. Their food is excellent, the kare-kare, letchong kawali, sisig, gatang laeng etc. This is a perfect place to bring a family and a group of friends.

Date of visit: April 2018