“good food”
Review of Tenya

Tenya
Ranked #77 of 536 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Reviewed 22 January 2018

after so many year me and my friend meet again this july. craving for japanese food we tried tenya. all i can say i love the plating the foods are good even the ice cream with a bear on it. our cravings were satisfied we will come back again to try other foods that they offer :)

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Price is higher than usual Japanese restos. But I saw the difference in food quality and warm service.

I recommend getting a donburi which is just about right for a medium appetite. I’ve tried the all-star tendon, which contains black tiger prawn, squid, salmon, kani stick, green beans and mushroom. Truly nice taste.

Meal is not heavy; you may still opt to get a dessert or a cup of coffee to cap the meal.

Definitely worth a return.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I love the original Tenya Tempura Tendon from Japan that's why I keep on coming back on this resto and it also very convenient since it's just across Fitness First Megamall. But I noticed how their chef prepares their food is kinda hit and miss hence inconsistent.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

With the abundance of Japanese restaurants in the metro, and Japanese cuisine being one of my favorites, I was pretty satisfied with what Tenya offers. That spicy salmon maki is really good. They have various tempura platter which are equally appetizing, I just don't like that most combinations include kani tempura, which is not for me, since kani (crab sticks) is processed food already. And they have this bear- and fish-shaped waffles with dulce de leche and nuttella fillings, served over vanilla ice cream for dessert, which is a perfect end to your meal.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I was killing time in Mega, it was 1pm when hunger hit me. I was solo and felt ackward going inside the many restaurants I passed by until I saw Tanya. Most of their customers are eating solo so I went in. I ordered their All Star Tempura which is a basket of prawn, squid, salmon, kani, green beans and mushroom tempura served with Japanese rice and noodle soup. The waitress gave me a saucer of curry powder, sea salt, and wasabi powder. So I asked her what to do with it since I was eating Tempura. She told me to sprinkle it to the Tempura for taste. I tried it and tasted good (you really need to put something in it, otherwise it would taste bland). Overall, it was a good experience, would be going back.