“Really Good Service, Good Food. ”
Review of Ippudo

Ippudo
Ranked #3 of 538 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

These days, you don't need to wait long to get in. I'm glad the demand for their ramen died down because now, we can just walk in anytime and there will be a place for us to sit (especially in non-peak hours).

My daughter and I love their noodle soup. We're not really particular on what kind they were.

You cannot go on with their service. You will feel that they are attending to you.

The not so nice thing about this branch of Ippudo is that it's really noisy. I thought there was a code of doing things in silence in the Japanese ways but here, the music is loud, the servers are talking loud etc. Diners well, if the ambiance is serene, then I bet the diners would also be careful in making noise and would enjoy their food more.

Bottomline is, I have enjoyed every dining experience so far.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

we had to queue because place was full that evening. nevertheless, service was quick, we were seated promptly by the staff, and the server assigned to us was welcoming and very kind to attend to our orders and requests.

One friend had an allergy to seafood and the server accommodated her request to skip the nori garnish on her ramen bowl.

I tried their special (as endorsed by the server) and it was really really good. Broth was creamy and super flavorful, meat was soft, and the soft-boiled egg was perfect.

A bit pricey though, you can't have a bowl of ramen if you don't have at least 600 in your wallet.

ALERT, ALERT: Menu prices don't reflect yet the VAT and Service Charge.

My taste buds were happier than my wallet. :-)

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This place has good food. Very impressed.
But the serving staff were a joke. Running around shouting at the top of their voices and other paying attention to their jobs. I sat down and was ignored as they scuttled around. No focus on customer. One of my dishes was served to the person beside me. The server tried to take it back after neighbour had started eating. Really?
It wasn't a relaxing experience. But the food was ok.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

While we looked for tummy filling meals, we chanced upon Ippudo and it gave us what we want with a refreshing finish and a belly full of authentically prepared Japanese food.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I didn't received a big welcome like the other customers, the staff was nice, but my server annoyed me a little because as soon as I received the menu, he was standing/squatting beside me, didn't even gave me space and time to browse the menu, then after I ordered a Coke, I don't know why he said to me "Coke Light na lang", and also, he read my feedback after taking it from me (I don't know if you have a feedback box for this). I ordered a pork bun and nanban karaage for dinner, the pork bun was good, just a little too much sauce, while the nanban karaage was not the karaage that I was expecting because I assumed tori and nanban karaage are the same. Nobody thanked me as I was leaving.