“Very good ramen! A must-try!”
Review of Ippudo

Ippudo
Ranked #2 of 514 Restaurants in Mandaluyong
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 26 March 2018

we had to queue because place was full that evening. nevertheless, service was quick, we were seated promptly by the staff, and the server assigned to us was welcoming and very kind to attend to our orders and requests.

One friend had an allergy to seafood and the server accommodated her request to skip the nori garnish on her ramen bowl.

I tried their special (as endorsed by the server) and it was really really good. Broth was creamy and super flavorful, meat was soft, and the soft-boiled egg was perfect.

A bit pricey though, you can't have a bowl of ramen if you don't have at least 600 in your wallet.

ALERT, ALERT: Menu prices don't reflect yet the VAT and Service Charge.

My taste buds were happier than my wallet. :-)

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This place has good food. Very impressed.
But the serving staff were a joke. Running around shouting at the top of their voices and other paying attention to their jobs. I sat down and was ignored as they scuttled around. No focus on customer. One of my dishes was served to the person beside me. The server tried to take it back after neighbour had started eating. Really?
It wasn't a relaxing experience. But the food was ok.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

While we looked for tummy filling meals, we chanced upon Ippudo and it gave us what we want with a refreshing finish and a belly full of authentically prepared Japanese food.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I didn't received a big welcome like the other customers, the staff was nice, but my server annoyed me a little because as soon as I received the menu, he was standing/squatting beside me, didn't even gave me space and time to browse the menu, then after I ordered a Coke, I don't know why he said to me "Coke Light na lang", and also, he read my feedback after taking it from me (I don't know if you have a feedback box for this). I ordered a pork bun and nanban karaage for dinner, the pork bun was good, just a little too much sauce, while the nanban karaage was not the karaage that I was expecting because I assumed tori and nanban karaage are the same. Nobody thanked me as I was leaving.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

If you’re in the mood for ramen, this place should satisfy. Flavors are on par; execution/presentation can use a little more care (example pictured: pork belly bao). Great quality for a strip mall eatery.