Free cancellation until 28/07
US$127
  • Pool
US$121
US$81
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$54
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$58
US$33
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

Hotel Durban(Makati)(Great Value!)
Reviews (2 913)
2 913 results
1 933
1 933
All reviewshorizon clubshang palacelobby loungebreakfast buffethealth clubbusiness tripexcellent hotelrooms are spaciousbusiness districtbusiness hotelgreen beltfive star hotelmakati areaglorietta mallmangocirclesage
160 - 165 of 2 913 reviews
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite hotel n Manila makati and they have great setting area with great life music band where u can spend and enjoy ur time.. it’s very beautiful hotel and there’s Circle Restaurant the pest hotel restaurant I have ever seen

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear mhdawonia,

Thank you for your excellent review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad that you enjoyed our facilities and services. I am delighted to know that you consider us your favorite hotel. It is because of valued guests such as yourself that we always strive to give guests our best services and provide nothing but the highest standards in hospitality. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

overall good services and comfortable rooms (hopefully for the price!)
not a recent hotel even if well maintained.
Globally not amazed but value for the price.
a standard for the stars.
They did not propose valet service when we arrived with our car ! we had to go to parking prior to go to the lobby for check-in !

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear arnauds606,

I am pleased to know that we were able to provide you an overall good service and made your stay comfortable. I have take note of your comments and I will definitely share it with my team. Allow us to regain your confidence in Makati Shangri-La, Manila. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

This is by far, the best hotel in Manila. Conveniently located, near shops and restaurants and not too far from the airport. The facilities within the hotel such as the gym and pool and modern and clean.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear michelle260967,

I am truly thankful for your kind words about our hotel and glad to know that our facilities, central location and services suited you well. Allow me to share your commendations with my team. It is because of valued guests such as yourself that we always strive to give guests our best services and provide nothing but the highest standards in hospitality.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

This is my regular hotel when I visit Manila for work.

Everything with this hotel and it's service standard remains excellent. Check-in was quick and was completed in the room as opposed to the reception area. Room was big but décor is very dated. The room is clean, smelled good and there was a plate of fresh fruits. Internet connection is free and speedy. Good selection in the mini-bar and lots of free bottled water.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear YipDavid,

I would like to thank you for your continued support and loyalty to the Shangri-La brand. I delighted to know that our facilities and services suited you well. I will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

This used to be THE place to stay in Manila. There are now places that are probably better.

The hotel is in a good place, in Makati, the business city of Metro Manila. It is right at the Glorietta mall, which is one of the largest malls in Metro Manila. However, the mall is dated and showing its age. It has a weird configuration due to a newer mall being tacked on to an older mall. The hotel is also near the "entertainment" district of Makati. It is only about 20 minutes walk away but you would probably want to take a taxi instead, especially late at night.

There are other newer/nicer places to stay near the airport. Mall of Asia is a newer/bigger mall with nice hotels. There are also now hotel/casino complexes. The only downside of the casino properties is they are isolated and can be a 30 to 45 minute cab to the mall (about 2 miles away).

The Shangri-La is old and the rooms are dated, especially the carpeting. The rooms have a slight musty smell but you do get used to it and don't notice it after a few minutes. The rooms are huge and the bathrooms have both a tub and shower. The problem with the shower's adjustable head, is that it is so high that most Filipinos cannot reach it to adjust it.

Updating the rooms for modern electronics is kluged, but it is done better than many other old luxury hotels I have stayed at in Asia.

The staff is excellent, except at check in. At check in, they tell you that your room rate is before service fees and taxes. But, they don't tell you what that is unless you push them. My room rate was $156, but taxes and fees were an additional $40 per night. This is uncommon for Asia as most hotel room rates include taxes.

This is a luxury hotel, so everything is expensive compared to normal hotels....but this is the Philippines so it is cheaper than luxury hotels in other parts of the world. A coke is $6 and the breakfast is $30. But, a mixed drink is also $6 and like most of the Philippines, a beer is cheaper than a coke.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel but a little dated in a good location, but it is longer THE place to go.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Kirby K

Dear Kirby K,

Thank you for your detailed review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I would like to thank you for your continued support and loyalty to the Shangri-La brand. I have take note of your feedback and I will definitely share it with all the concerned departments. It is clear from the detailed information you have provided that you want us to be aware of what we can do to make things better at the hotel, and for that we are truly thankful. I hope that you will allow us to regain your confidence in Makati Shangri-La, Manila. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.