“Weekend Brunch”

Ranked #149 of 1 546 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: When it comes to engaging, casual dining, Circles Event Cafe captivates food lovers with its fascinating open-theatre kitchens. Each station features its own selection of specialties, ranging from cold appetisers to seafood, Western cuisine to Asian cuisines, and desserts.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited with a family party of 8 for weekend brunch. Great service from the waiting staff looking after our table. The food was of good quality and a wide variety of local and international cuisine and a very nice desert selection.
Lovely option for a lazy Sunday afternoon at the Shangri-La

Alain B, General Manager at Circles Event Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Dubaiorbust,

Thank you for your review from your last visit in one of our restaurants at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant experience from your last visit in Makati Shangri-La, Manila. I appreciate your kind words regarding the wide variety of our food offering. It's our pleasure to be able to be of service to you. I will share this to the rest of the team and use this as a tool for motivation for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

It’s a pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Our friend invited us for dinner in Makati Shangrila. The buffet for dinner was just amazing and sumptuous that I was unsure which one to choose first - from seafoods to dessert, it’s like they have everything for everyone - for local and foreigners. The place also had a relaxed ambience. I enjoyed the Filipino dishes and dessert. I could not fault it. Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the buffet.

1  Thank Gerald_Thommo

Dear Gerald_Thommo,

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant experience from your last visit in Makati Shangri-La, Manila. I appreciate your kind words regarding the variety of our food from seafood to dessert and it's our pleasure to be able to be of service to you. I will share this to the rest of the team and use this as a tool for motivation for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

For the second time, I would keep a very bad experience of this buffet.
Sorry but no more Circles for us.

2  Thank Eric G

Dear Eric G,

Thank you for your review from your last visit in our restaurants at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

I apologize for the inconvenience that the service you experienced may have caused. May i ask for the details of your experience so I can investigate what happened. This is so I can share this with the team to be able to continuously strive in the improvement of our service to be true to our commitment in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

It’s a pleasure to have you and I hope to be able to gain your trust in Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and had the breakfast each morning.

The breakfast buffet was huge with offerings from many countries such as Arabic, Indian, Filipino, Japanese etc

What I noticed is that the breakfast did not change one item during my 4 night stay. Whilst a great breakfast one does get bored with the same offerings day and day out. as each day passed i got less excited about the buffet.This prevented a 5 star rating of my review.

Staff overall were excellent and very helpful except one server one morning who did not seem happy and did not bring any of our requests like mango juice, freshly cut mangoes to our table.

But still is still one of the better buffet breakfast in Makati.

Alain B, General Manager at Circles Event Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear tommomelbourne,

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant experience from your last visit in Makati Shangri-La, Manila. I appreciate you taking the ime to write us a review about your experience and I have taken note of your concern regarding this. I will definitely share this with the team for us to be able to continuously strive in the improvement of our service to be true to our commitment in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The food was delicious. Both the breakfast buffet and the dinner buffet was amazing. Lots of types of food as well as made to order items. The dessert bar was amazing. The restaurant alone was worth staying at the hotel.

1  Thank davidforrest2018

Dear davidforrest2018,

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant experience from your last visit in Makati Shangri-La, Manila. I appreciate your kind words regarding the variety of our food especially our dessert bar and it's our pleasure to be able to be of service to you. I will share this to the rest of the team and use this as a tool for motivation for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest.