All reviews sm baguio walking distance pancit hotel serves the heart of the city hot and cold shower transient house bus terminal the ground floor jollibee tuyo cable genesis harrison ac shampoo
Reviewed 17 January 2018

The room is very cozy for family tours and group tours. In terms of mode of payment, they accept and process credit card payments. In terms of services, their staff entertain queries courteously and the breakfast was better than I remembered, it was delivered on time by friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Room with veranda is better to view session road activity.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank samiza
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The hotel is ideally located in the main commercial artery of the city. I travelled with my boyfriend and 3 other friends. We arrived around 3:30 AM and has 2 room reservations (one matrimonial room and the other is twin beds), when we arrived, the staff politely advised that they still don't have an available matrimonial room as check outs are 12NN so we decided to just get the twin beds for me and my boyfriend. As it's too early to check in, we left our bags in the reception and proceed with our breakfast nearby. After breakfast, we went back and was immediately attended by the staff and was advised that the rooms are ready. We were designated on 6th floor room 604 and 606 which both has balcony. Me and my boyfriend stayed in room 604. It's clean and has everything you need except for a refrigerator (didn't mind about it as we only stayed there for 2 day and 1 night). We went out at 7AM to stroll and went back around 1PM only to find out that the staff cleaned the room again. It might be a small and old but it's a comfortable hotel with attentive staffs and are always available to offer any help to guests. And one more thing! It's a pet friendly hotel! I spotted a couple with their baby Pomeranian when we checked in and saw them again the following day at the lounge during breakfast. Next time I'll bring my baby dog too and will stay here. I'll recommend this to friends and family! Kudos! :)

Room Tip: Twin beds, room 604 and 606 are the best as it has balcony where you have a good view of the city. :)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2017

if your objective is to be within the center of the city and all is within walking distance with affordable accommodation and have a place to just drop off your things and short relaxation.. go to this place, it will never fails.

but dont expect more value from your short stay since this is an old hotel.

nonetheless, its a reliable place to stay. besides, its much better to be outside and explore the intricacies of baguio city life than staying at some hotel no matter how many starts it has ..

Room Tip: rooms on session side for better view of the city
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 609honesttraveller
Reviewed 8 August 2017

It's my 4th time to visit Baguio City but it's the first with my son. We stayed at a transient house on my first 2 visits, the third one at Microtel and 2 weeks ago (July 29th) we checked in at this hotel.

This was not our first choice. I have a prior reservation at Lyn's Do Drop Inn however the owner had an emergency when we came and cannot accommodate us. We needed a place to stay right away as my son is developing a fever that day. That week was a bit stormy in Manila. Light rain and moderate wind in Baguio.

We asked a cab driver to drop us off to a decent hotel, not expensive and within the city. He said that most of his passengers are satisfied with Prime Hotel, so he dropped us off here. It was still early in the morning, just a few minutes before 9, way before the standard check in hours. This hotel though said we can check in early (I think they did not have much guests as it's not a peak season plus the weather is not really good). During breakfast though I found out that they have a lot of guests too, the restaurant is almost full.

We stayed at room 416 for 2 nights, July 29th to July 31st. I am with my partner and son. Here goes my review. :)

THE HOTEL AND FACILITIES -
It's an old hotel. It's not your usual hotel that's airy, it's actually a bit dark if not for the 'artificial light'. The room furniture are old and sparse. We got what they call a Matrimonial Room (fan room only but with a view of Harrison Road) which comes with a queen (I think) bed, small couch, small table with matching dining chairs and 2 bedside tables. Their elevator is small and old, but it's faster than it looks. :) They turn off their lift I think during late night until early morning. For a person who gets terrified by dark hallways or old buildings, they might feel a bit queasy here. They also have a number of 'warning signs' on their doors and corridors (like, not leaving your things inside your room, so that gives you a feeling that's it's not safe). The bed and pillows are not the best but comfy enough. You get a cheap set of toiletries (just shampoo and small soap and tissue) and towels. I suggest though to bring your own towel if you plan to stay here, specially if you are particular with crisp and immaculate towels. :) Their Matrimonial Room also comes with an old TV with cable, phone and hot and cold shower. Water is good, although the shower can use a bit pressure. They said that they have Wi-Fi but my phone can't seem to detect it. Data signal (SMART) is also a bit weak. What you will really appreciate with this hotel is its location. Just across Session Road where most shops are, at the back is Harrison Road where the Night Market happens (we are at an advantage since we can watch the weather change with our huge windows, very helpful if we want to go out), walking distance from Burnham Park, Genesis Bus Terminal and market. Easy to get a cab. We paid Php1,400/night.

THE STAFF -
The staff are nice. They gave us options where we want to stay - a room with no view and with AC or a fan room with a view of Harrison Road. There's no need for an AC, it was too cold we slept with the windows closed and it still feels like it's snowing. Housekeeping is efficient. They only took a few minutes to go to our room and replace the sheets and pillows when my son threw up at 10PM. I think they have new staff at F&B though. They keep going back and forth because they either forget to bring change when we ordered or brought incomplete utensils or some other reason.

THE FOOD -
We ordered sizzling porkchop for dinner since we can't get out due to the weather. It was good. Their breakfast though (that comes with your accommodation) is not satisfying but he serving is good enough. For the first morning I got a good serving of tocino, fried rice, tuyo, scrambled egg, pancit, a slide of pineapple and brewed coffee.

Overall, this hotel serves it purpose -- a place to deposit your not so important things (given their warning signs on the door, but they said that you can leave it at the reception for safekeeping) and gives you access to most that Baguio City can offer. If I don't plan for a staycation in Baguio, I will still consider this hotel. Other than that, this hotel can use an overhaul that will improve their overall look and feel.

Room Tip: Baguio City's weather is good enough to choose a fan room. Always get the room with a view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MUrAngel
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel got fine services. Everytime we arrive, the service crew always greet you with smile. Its food is perfect for fine appetite. Rooms are quite convenient. The cool weather would sooth to your relaxation. Overall its literally amazing. I would strongly recommend this.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends