It is the Undas long weekend holiday and we were schedules to do our annual Manaoag trip. This means Baguio is just another 1.5hrs away so up to the City of Pines we went. Due to rushed preparation, our usual Camp John Hay hotel was not available so this gave us the opportunity to try 2 hotels during this trip. First is Newtown Plaza Hotel. The (slightly) heated swimming pool swayed us.
1. Centrally located and walkable to and/from Botanical Garden, Wright Park and The Mansion House.
2. Big rooms with 2 double beds.
3. Buffer breakfast tasted really good and spread was generous for the room rate. We also tried their Dinner buffet and it was also very good. Lota of shrimps, sashimi, roast beef, dimsums. Plus their restaurant manager, chef and crew were all warm and accomodating.
4. Baguio hotel with (slightly) heated pool!...nuff said.
Could be improved:
1. Standard Room was dimly lit. No bedside tables.Please even just one.
2. Standard Room faces the back/residential view so expect a barrage of rooster crowing as early as 5am...dont know how the hotel can improve this?
3. No bidet....come on, me abang na sa CR kulang nalang handheld bidet. Please follow through.
Overall, a good choice for family with kids and not too picky with their hotel accommodation. But the food is definitely worth it.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking