All reviews soft opening national artists mines view family room modern architecture pine trees scenic elevator atrium lobby arroz caldo mini library complimentary water bottles superior room breakfast buffet egg station very comfortable stay hotel is perfect complete toiletries
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Been here a lot of times not just because of the great ambiance (great interior & exterior design) but most especially because of their very delicious food. They serve Western & local cuisines. Local cuisine is affordable too. Its a new place to be. Must try. Must visit. Very recommendable. By the way you can visit their art gallery too

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank summerfeverforever
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Guest Relations Manager at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Thank you for letting us know your comments and feedbacks about us. It is a delight to know that you are enjoying our products and services. We appreciate your recommendations and looking forward to your future visits. See you again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

A perfect place to stay after a long drive and a tiring day, Sierra Pines welcomes you with warm hospitality Baguio style, they offer you hot cup of coffee the moment you sit in the lobby. Staff are nice, friendly and helpful. The rooms are big, clean and (some) offers a nice view of the hills, the wifi is fast and the buffet breakfast is really good.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Hi Henry,

Thank you for choosing us as your home in the City of Pines. We are glad to have given you the warmth of Baguio in a rededfined way. Hope you would stay with us again on your next Baguio trip.

Thank you and best regards from Grand Sierra Pines Family.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nicely located away from the crowds. The family suite was cozy and the balcony and windows open to a nice view of pine trees. The room was quiet and you hardly can hear the cars from the balcony. You really feel like you are in Baguio of the old days.

Food was delicious but we missed the evening entertainment.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Guest Relations Manager at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

We are glad that you were able to have that #redefinedbaguioexperience during your stay with us. It is always a nice feeling for us to read positive comments from our valuable guests.

Thank you for booking with us and we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I put that title because initially, when I booked a room, my experience with the gay manager Zaldy was not nice, He was rude and wasn't listening to reasons. He was always always saying "we have a rule". I was talking not knowing he's no longer on the line. When I called again, he admitted hanging up on me. WHen I asked for the manager, I was accommodated and was able to book for July 26-28.
Since I bought the Deal Grocer coupons already, I booked and no intention of going back anymore because of this incident. I chose between the newly-opened Holiday Inn and Grand Sierra Pines because of good reviews I read online. But the experience with their staff ZALDY was so disappointing that I don't want to go back even if I haven't arrived yet. That's how bad it was. (I saw him by the way when we were there. He looked more hideous in person. It's a service industry. They should've hired an approachable-looking staff).
Anyway, so we went to Baguio and checked in. We had our breakfast first. I was paying for it handing them my card but the lady said it will be included in our final bill. After breakfast, they called saying I didn't pay the incidental fee yet. Wasn't I handing them my card earlier but they declined? I have to go down to pay.
Our room was nice, a bit small but since it's still new, it's nice with a view. At night, while we were enjoying the cold Baguio night, I smelled strong paint odor coming from the CR (there were several areas under renovation during our stay, including the gym which I never used). After awhile, we smelled odor as if someone's cooking next door. I can't stand it so I called the front lobby. They sent a humidifier but there was smell still.
I looked for the manager the next morning to complain and we were attended by Ms. Joanna who was nice. She transferred us to a bigger room. She let us choose first before we settled in. She's the one who made our stay better but making sure we're attended nicely.
For the breakfast, we suggest that the spread be more different everyday not the same for 3 days. It became boring.
They have nice hotel, only 2 yrs old as the guard said. Nicely built and nice view any room you're assigned to. It's cozy and modern.
They have nice bakeshop. The breads are tasty, good quality and affordable.
They have this nice resto called Outlook steak or something, with a nice structure, nice view, good for intimate meals, good for dating.
Overall on service is OK (except for ZALDY). The guards, housekeeping, buffet staff are nice.
They have this small museum (which is also under renovation, smelled of paint) and a tiny library where you can also play board games aside from read. Hope they'll add more books, though, or put a computer for customers to browse on. This is overlooking the old Marcos house across the street.
Hope they would correct the aforementioned hiccups and I will surely come back.

Room Tip: any room has a forest view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Guest Relations Manager at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hi Ms. Marilyn,

We would like to extend our sincerest gratitude for your objective review. Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns in relation to your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate that we fell short of the service that you expected us to render during reservation. We are grateful that despite the negative impression that you had , you have given us more chances to your restore your confidence.

Thank you for the comprehensive review of the different services and amenities that we are offering. It is such a nice feeling to have guests give us feedbacks both on the good and bad sides as it is where we can check rooms for improvements. Rest assured that your comments are passed on to the different departments for their consideration. It is heartwarming to know that you looked beyond the imperfect impressions and convey your desire of coming back.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon!

Best regards from your Grand Sierra Pines Family

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to Grand Sierra Pines several times for the past months and they’ve never failed to impress us with their service. Alex and the security (sorry forgot the name) always greeted us by our name and welcomed us back with a warm smile. They already recognized us even on our 2nd stay and consistently so on our next visits. For our most recent trip, Noof likewise exceeded our expectation as she was able to accommodate us for an early check-in even if we didn’t ask for it. She was very friendly and made us feel comfortable even if that was our first time to have met her.

The hotel is really beautiful with its family friendly facilities and fantastic location. What makes it more special are those people I’ve mentioned that made us feel more valued.

Keep it up and I hope you make more happy guests like us :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R M
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Guest Relations Manager at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

It is always a nice feeling to read such positive comments from our guests. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for choosing Sierra Pines Baguio and we look forward to hosting you again soon!