All reviews soft opening national artists mines view family room modern architecture pine trees scenic elevator atrium lobby arroz caldo mini library complimentary water bottles superior room breakfast buffet egg station very comfortable stay hotel is perfect complete toiletries
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I put that title because initially, when I booked a room, my experience with the gay manager Zaldy was not nice, He was rude and wasn't listening to reasons. He was always always saying "we have a rule". I was talking not knowing he's no longer on the line. When I called again, he admitted hanging up on me. WHen I asked for the manager, I was accommodated and was able to book for July 26-28.
Since I bought the Deal Grocer coupons already, I booked and no intention of going back anymore because of this incident. I chose between the newly-opened Holiday Inn and Grand Sierra Pines because of good reviews I read online. But the experience with their staff ZALDY was so disappointing that I don't want to go back even if I haven't arrived yet. That's how bad it was. (I saw him by the way when we were there. He looked more hideous in person. It's a service industry. They should've hired an approachable-looking staff).
Anyway, so we went to Baguio and checked in. We had our breakfast first. I was paying for it handing them my card but the lady said it will be included in our final bill. After breakfast, they called saying I didn't pay the incidental fee yet. Wasn't I handing them my card earlier but they declined? I have to go down to pay.
Our room was nice, a bit small but since it's still new, it's nice with a view. At night, while we were enjoying the cold Baguio night, I smelled strong paint odor coming from the CR (there were several areas under renovation during our stay, including the gym which I never used). After awhile, we smelled odor as if someone's cooking next door. I can't stand it so I called the front lobby. They sent a humidifier but there was smell still.
I looked for the manager the next morning to complain and we were attended by Ms. Joanna who was nice. She transferred us to a bigger room. She let us choose first before we settled in. She's the one who made our stay better but making sure we're attended nicely.
For the breakfast, we suggest that the spread be more different everyday not the same for 3 days. It became boring.
They have nice hotel, only 2 yrs old as the guard said. Nicely built and nice view any room you're assigned to. It's cozy and modern.
They have nice bakeshop. The breads are tasty, good quality and affordable.
They have this nice resto called Outlook steak or something, with a nice structure, nice view, good for intimate meals, good for dating.
Overall on service is OK (except for ZALDY). The guards, housekeeping, buffet staff are nice.
They have this small museum (which is also under renovation, smelled of paint) and a tiny library where you can also play board games aside from read. Hope they'll add more books, though, or put a computer for customers to browse on. This is overlooking the old Marcos house across the street.
Hope they would correct the aforementioned hiccups and I will surely come back.

Room Tip: any room has a forest view
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Guest Relations Manager at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hi Ms. Marilyn,

We would like to extend our sincerest gratitude for your objective review. Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns in relation to your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate that we fell short of the service that you expected us to render during reservation. We are grateful that despite the negative impression that you had , you have given us more chances to your restore your confidence.

Thank you for the comprehensive review of the different services and amenities that we are offering. It is such a nice feeling to have guests give us feedbacks both on the good and bad sides as it is where we can check rooms for improvements. Rest assured that your comments are passed on to the different departments for their consideration. It is heartwarming to know that you looked beyond the imperfect impressions and convey your desire of coming back.

Looking forward to hosting you again soon!

Best regards from your Grand Sierra Pines Family

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to Grand Sierra Pines several times for the past months and they’ve never failed to impress us with their service. Alex and the security (sorry forgot the name) always greeted us by our name and welcomed us back with a warm smile. They already recognized us even on our 2nd stay and consistently so on our next visits. For our most recent trip, Noof likewise exceeded our expectation as she was able to accommodate us for an early check-in even if we didn’t ask for it. She was very friendly and made us feel comfortable even if that was our first time to have met her.

The hotel is really beautiful with its family friendly facilities and fantastic location. What makes it more special are those people I’ve mentioned that made us feel more valued.

Keep it up and I hope you make more happy guests like us :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank R M
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Guest Relations Manager at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

It is always a nice feeling to read such positive comments from our guests. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for choosing Sierra Pines Baguio and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

This is my family’s go-to hotel whenever we visit Baguio.

The hotel provides a buffet breakfast, offers wide variety of food such as goto, rice, bacon, eggs, cereals, fruits veggies and of course, mornings are never complete without coffee.

The staff are very attentive and pro-active.

The towels and linens are average but clean.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Relie S
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Director of Sales at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi Relie,

Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to host you again soon!

Regards from your Grand Sierra Pines Family.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

A newish Hotel that looks very nice and is immaculate to look at. Unfortunately it is off of the main drag for public transport and proved very hard to get a taxi from it. I ate at the Outlook which on a weekday was incorporated into the bar. It appears they have other dining areas upstairs but these were roped off. The food we had was very good and the befe cuts were imported and tender. The menu was good but short on desserts. The wine list was poor and the wines on offer slightly overpriced. The staff were all reasonably competent but you could feel the lack of strong management. A nice outside play area for children but this appeared roped off. The Hotel has a basement, apparently, where their shuttle bus was but I did not see a sign for parking. If I was the management I would strengthen their fine dining element by having a nice dedicated area and also to have enough taxis on call.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Jeff H
Grand Sierra Pi... B, Guest Relations Manager at Sierra Pines Baguio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your dining experience. As for your concern on location, the hotel is located at the Outlook Drive where Jeepney Line (Mines-View-Baguio) and taxis pass through. The location is also ideal for guests who would like to explore Mines View Park, The Mansion and Good shepered as these attractions are waking distance from the property.

We would like to invite you to visit us again to have a better dining experience. The ropes placed on the garden area during your time of visit must have been due to some maintenance activities. But everything are function and accesible now. Looking forward to host you again soon!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Grand Sierra Pines Baguio on April 22-24 2018. Service is superb from reservation to check out. All my requests were well noted, staff are friendly and accommodating at all times. My baby nephew who is just 2 years old got sick, and the hotel extended extra mile service to assist us to find a pediatric to check on him straight to our room.

Facilities are well maintained and the hotel itself is sooo cozy. We booked 3 rooms, 2 superior rooms and 1 family room. Family room is loft type and had 2 bathrooms which make it really convenient.

This hotel which is currently dubbed as #1 in Baguio City really deserves to be on top.

Minor item to be improved on is the breakfast selection although is not really an issue. Just something to look into :)

Thank you Grand Sierra Pines for making our stay truly memorable. Your heartfelt service is something we will always be grateful for :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured that your comment on our breakfast is well taken note of. We will strive to improve our service better to deliver your #redefinedbaguioexperience.

Thank you for choosing Sierra Pines Baguio and we look forward to host you again soon!