All reviews soft opening mines view park national artists family room modern architecture pine trees scenic elevator atrium lobby superior room arroz caldo mini library complimentary water bottles breakfast buffet family friendly hotel very comfortable stay egg station hotel is perfect
Reviewed 22 June 2017

The location is very good. Most hotels in Baguio are clustered around if not in the middle of the commercial areas so you can hear the jeepneys and tricycles with their roaring engines whizzing by. As this hotel is tucked away far from the city center and has no major establishment beside it, the area is quiet and not as busy, perfect as a Baguio getaway. The hotel facilities are very nice and while the designs are modern they are tastefully done, i love how they mixed the wood, steel and other stone materials on the building. The lobby was very clean, smelled fresh and is world class.

The service at the hotel is perfect! As soon as we stopped by the driveway the bellhops were all over us trying to assist us. Upon entering were were greeted by most of the staff who seemed genuinely pleased that we were there. During breakfast the good service was replicated ten times over. The staff at the buffet were literally falling over themselves asking us if there was anything we wanted. During dinner when we were about to cross to another part of the hotel, one of the staff hurried to us to hold an umbrella for us so that we will not get wet, impressive!

We got the two-floor family suite and it was perfect for our needs. The rooms are very spacious, the furnishings while not luxurious are tasteful. The toilet was modern and looked clean.

Of course all this had to be spoiled by a non-world class front desk hotel staffer. If the hotel reads this, send me an email and i will explain why you should yank out that staff from the reception area and into the basement before he affects everyone with the 70s receptionist attitude.

Room tip: ask for a room facing the back of the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Plus:
1. One of the newer hotels in Baguio, so we were not surprised to find their amenities spotless.
2. We just walked in at the hotel and had no prior reservations (take note: peak season) so it was really a delight that we were able to book a room. We were also able to check out their different room categories.
3. The 2br room (lower and upper rooms style) that we we booked was so great! We had the view facing the road.
4. The guy at the reception was very accommodating to my requests and questions. I think he's a manager or supervisor. (I'm sorry I forgot the names as this was since last January)
5. The breakfast buffet had a lot of options and was surprisingly delicious.

Minus:
1. One of the girl receptionist (forgot her name) was kind of rude. She was not smiling at all when I was asking to check out their rooms first and i had to ask another person to talk to.
2. They have this wireless and bluetooth speaker inside the rooms, but ours didn't have power and when i asked housekeeping for it's charger or to change it, they said it was for repair and had nothing for replacement at that time.
3. The bathroom floors are easily filled with water. (Might be drainage problems?!)
4. There was this delicious congee during bfast but unfortunately not all in my group had the chance to get some since they ran out of it.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay since some of the minuses are just minor things and could still be improved especially the consistency of their customer service.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for the long Independence Day weekend, and it was truly memorable. The one thing I love about this hotel is that what you see in photos is exactly what they have. The hotel itself stands out as you approach it. The design, ambiance, and the excellent customer service makes it a no brainer to book with them each time we visit Baguio!

What I loved:
1. Spacious rooms with a balcony in each room. Suggest that you request for a view of Outlook Drive.
2. Staff are very quick to respond to any requests. Very efficient, from front desk, to the restaurant, housekeeping. All of them!
3. The place and ambiance of the hotel due to its open atrium design gives your visit that special baguio feel.

I just really hoped the internet was faster somehow, but still it doesn't deter me from visiting over and over again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

I am very, very pleased with the service, hotel design, ambiance and everything about Sierra Pines!!! It's even better than the Hilton Hotel I stayed at in Rome! I do have some suggestions that will make it a perfect score.

Please serve oatmeal for breakfast. It would be awesome to find that on your breakfast buffet. Also I hope you can serve decaffeinated coffee. Baguio weather makes me crave for coffee but I cannot tolerate caffeine. My last request is to add a power outlet by the desk. I stayed in room 608.

Outside of that we were very, very happy to have chosen this hotel. Thank you to the staff for all your hard work!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017

A new hotel in Baguio with 60 rooms with balconies overlooking the pine trees which I thought were long gone. Large rooms with very friendly staff and includes buffet breakfast. Most hotels in Baguio come without airconditioning because of the cool weather but this hotel has airconditioning in case weather gets warm.
Overall - I would return again

Room tip: Close to Mines View Park
  • Trip type: Travelled with family