Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tropic star fish tuna panama city black marlin top notch bucket list my wife first class world class cubera snapper through customs jurassic park two days marlin bar take care local village
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2023 via mobile

I call it an experience because I've just had one of the best experiences of my whole privileged life! I've been to the best hotels in the world and they now look superficial when compared to the Tropic Star experience. What a hotel! What amazing friendly and tireless service! What amazing fishing! And, finally, look at what they do for the local indigenous population and their unspoilt tropical rain forest surroundings! Simply incredible!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ursula Marais, General Manager at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2023

Dear G429UAtonyh

Thank you for your feedback which we appreciate!
We strive to give all of our guests an amazing experience and top service because Tropic Star is such a magical place and we all love what we do! The people in the village really matter to us and we appreciate our simbiotic relationship! Our protection of the rainforest is of utmost importance and appreciate that its important to our guests as well.

Ursula

Reviewed 15 January 2023

My fishing trip event at Tropic Star Lodge was first class from start to finish. Not only was the fishing outstanding but the staff in all phases of this operation were warm, friendly and knowledgeable. It truly feels like a caring family experience to visit Tropic Star Lodge.

Room tip: Book your visit well in advance of your anticipated time frame.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Stan R

Dear stanr541

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate that you had a good trip from start to finish and that your fishing and lodge experience was outstanding. The Team at Tropic Star Lodge continue to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience and feel that they care about each and every guest.

Reviewed 15 January 2023 via mobile

Tropic Star Lodge is truly a magical place! If you get the chance don't hesitate Go! Experience of a lifetime! We fish a lot but this place is by far the best. Tons to do besides fish and even if you fish every day they ensure you have opportunities to visit villages. We were able to release sea turtles too! Highly highly recommend! Even though very remote it is very family friendly and the staff and other guests all feel like family soon after you arrive. Food is fantastic and service is beyond exceptional!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ursula Marais, General Manager at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2023

Dear Y5406LLmelissar

Glad you enjoyed your experience, the food, your village visits and the tons of fish. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to see you back at Tropic Star Lodge. Guests feedback, word of mouth and a return trip is what makes this place so special.

Reviewed 27 December 2022

My third visit to TS. Everyone welcomed me back with friendly smiles.
I brought my new wife Gayle along so she could enjoy the spa and reading beside the pool. I was fishing for 4 days and she enjoyed 2 of them with me. Now she knows what an emotional adrenalin rush it is. The final day we boated 3 Sails and several Dorado. Walter my Captain and Weimer worked their butts off for me to find the elusive Marlin. The South wind made it tough to find them.
I can't say enough good things about the staff. Paterson is still in charge of one of the greatest bunch of waiters (Marvin, Richard, Noel, Abdiel, Edgar and Brandon). They are always offering a smile with their service. Shout out to Lezlie, Ross/Paola, Rex and the friendly dockmaster (forgot his name). Also Gabriel and the kitchen staff. They made my special fruit bowl for me early every morning.
Last but not least my brother Richard.
Thanks for the hugs everyone !!!

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Canuckontariothe2nd

Thank you for your feedback. Lovely to hear that your wife Gayle enjoyed the shoreside experience as well as the fishing. Better luck next time with your marlin, the weather has been strange and the South wind is not the best for blacks, the North wind has set in now so hopefully next time! Paterson, his waiters and the rest of the team you mention strive to ensure you have the best experience and a great trip, thank you for your awesome comments and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 25 December 2022

My wife and her cousin do not fish. They participated in so many fabulous land activities (Thank you guide Ross!) and enjoyed every day. The occasional spa day was perfect for the girls as well. On one return trip from a local village, the girls decided to try a couple of hours of inshore fishing on the return trip to the lodge. Of course, the first fish she ever caught, was a Rooster. Released safely. The boys joined in a day trip on land but also tried our hand at offshore fishing. We released 4 black marlin on this trip and some sailfish.

Date of stay: December 2022

Dear FlintB496

We appreciate your great comments and are so happy that your wife and her cousin had a lovely trip. It is encouraging to hear that our guests are enjoying all the wonderful trips that guide Ross so passionately leads and our lovely rainforest spa!
4 Black Marlin and sailfish is quite an achievement and having the girls release roosters must have been awesome for you to watch! Who knows they may even become "hooked"

Best Wishes