Residencial Reggio Emilia
  • Pool
Chuiba Palms(Chuiba)
Jumia Travel
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot waterstayed heregreat placegatetaxinetsairport
Reviewed 12 May 2015

This was a little surprise, good hotel with friendly owners.

Beak first was very good if you compare it to the average hotel in Mozambique. All fresh food of high quality.

the rooms are clean and not many bugs inside the room. the only thing that is missing is a desk, if you have to work on a laptop, it is not easy.

an other thing is that they do not have power backup, in Pemba you have many power cuts. you can not pay with card, and in Pemba it is not easy to get enough money because of limitations of the bank.

although there are some small things that could be improved, i would go again :)

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
RREmilia, Owner at Residencial Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2015

Hi!
Thank you so much for your appreciation of us! We really value that.
As for the desk we are already ordering one per room where it can fit. I will personally make sure that next time you come you have one in your room.
The POS is in discussion with both Banks we work for. We do know its a big hassle to have to withdraw the money from the ATM but we were trying to safeguard ourselves from loads of taxes that incur with its use...
The power back up is really a problem but unfortunately I cannot promise it will sorted this year. The good news is that the Government is considering to build a power Dam in Pemba, somewhere in Metoro and this would definitely sort the Electricity problem.

We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

From the reviews I read this seem to be a very pleasant location to stay. I am currently looking for a lodge in Pemba and this should be a great option. How can I contact Residencial Reggio for reservations? I would like to travel there in December but there is no email information available on this website. Does anyone here have their email address to share? Thank you so much.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank kazuonj

Hi, I can assume that you already stayed with us? Is this correct? If not please forgive me for not having replied in time. Our email address is residencial.reggio.emilia@gmail.com
Take care and I truly hope to see you as soon as you are ready to come.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I am not giving 5 stars for the following reasons:
- a bit pricey
- the room style was not my favorite, but that's a bit subjective, admittedly

This was the first time in Mozambique that we were warmly welcome by the manager. She was also very helpful in suggesting places where to eat. We really relaxed and felt comfortable. Internet worked perfectly well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank stefano_1281
RREmilia, General Manager at Residencial Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Ciao Sgr. Stefano Pellegrini!

Grazie for a great review. I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It really makes a difference when people actually appreciate our effort and say so.

We will keep trying to be better!

Take care and hope to see you some other time,

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I think for travellers,starting their explorations at Pemba,Reggio Emilia is the best option in town.Very friendly staff,extraordinarily clean and a fine place for eating next door(there is no restaurant in Reggio Emilia at the moment).Do not pay more than 250 Mt(less than 10$) for the taxi from Airport to the hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Gerhard W
RREmilia, General Manager at Residencial Reggio Emilia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you so much!
We really appreciate your comments on us.

Hope to see you some other time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Last minute but even so exceptional.
Manager was efficient, friendly and helpful.
Rooms were
ptable, comfortable and most importantly clean.
I found the scented 3 ply toilet paper a bit over the top but them I'm sure others will love that.
Fairly pricey at 4000 meticais for the offering.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks for a great review!

Hope to see you next time.

Regards,