Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Reviews (2 030)
2 030 results
1 889
1 889
All reviews floating restaurant asian restaurant wine cellar on stilts main restaurant sommelier team sister hotel indian ocean kids club beachfront villa guest relations junior suite water sports water skiing luxury hotel amazing hotel tennis courts
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 2 030 reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2021

It is with a sad yet elated heart that I write this message, as they say, “bitter sweet”; while staring out at the enchanting and ever so peaceful Indian Ocean on this slice of paradise aka The Prince Maurice! While at the tail end of a magnificent and mesmerizing quarantine stay, I leave fully recharged with a zen that only your wonderful property, and most importantly your staff, have quietly and seamlessly instilled upon me - and that too with the magic of not even having interfaced with them in person!

Where do I begin..with Anousha and Bharati skillfully and patiently guiding me and catering to my ceaseless inquiries on the lay of the land and the various accommodations! They were really instrumental in having me finally land up here, as I was on the fence with another property too…but the service they delivered especially catering to me from the US and putting up with the time difference was commendable!

I have had the good fortune of traveling far and wide and meeting some bright, talented and amazing people during my stays. I would like to shower nothing but praise and immense gratitude to your entire team for doing such a wonderful job and for their utmost in personalized service! First and foremost, Manjoola is truly a great and divine lady and a huge asset to any team! Her unrelenting pursuit of guest satisfaction and tireless efforts behind the scenes (both on and off hours) are truly remarkable! She is a gem and very pleasant to deal with, putting all guests at ease. Right out of the gates, she was proactive with her communication, her offering of assistance and recognition of where and when matters fell short (which was thankfully efficiently addressed and quelled!). Manjoola went above and beyond in being the voice of the property and managed affairs to a Tee! Well beyond my expectations! Without fail, she would ceaselessly check up on my well-being, and for me was the heart and soul of operations, without whom I genuinely don’t believe I would have felt at home!

The entire team, with their sunny smiles and welcoming dispositions were all eager to please and were providing service with a true Mauritian ethos – from the heart! Every one I spoke with was genuinely glad to be back at work providing the lovely Mauritian service! We know that times have been tough for the staff, and this is when travel and community shine! The opportunities we collectively provide these individuals really made me feel like we were making an impact. From Sanjeev, my Butler working tirelessly to ensure I had everything I needed; Rajeev and Ayush from the Fitness Center; Pravind, Mr Chef Extraordinaire who hands down scored on the vegetarian challenge!; Sylvabelle, Sanjana, Giovanni, Trishtee, Divya – I felt like I was part of the family!! I didn’t want to leave!! Truly exceptional!!

Last but not least, even though we didn’t get to meet, a great team is only as good as its leaders, and I cannot thank you enough for instilling these traits in your team, and ensuring that everything is managed so smoothly! I know that re-opening a property is tough, especially under these circumstances. There are always a few kinks and getting things back up to snuff initially is a challenge and most guests don’t realize that. Sometimes, we do not appreciate what we do not see, which I know first-hand is a lot and a tremendous amount of effort that goes on behind the scenes to ensure that all the parts move smoothly as a whole. You have nailed it!

Needless to say, the Prince Maurice is now my official home away from home in Mauritius. I love Mauritius and all the countless secrets it reveals on every trip of mine, and now The Prince Maurice holds a dear place in my heart, and as do you guys!

Date of stay: February 2021
Le Prince Maurice, Guest Services / Front Office at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2021

Dear Mr Bobby,

Wow!

What a delightful way to express your feeling about our sweet establishment! Extraordinary to hear, especially in this weird time.
Having you stay with us is a real pleasure! You are moving us forward for sure!
Excellent that nearly all our pearl meet you and serves you to their best to make your stay memorable.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback!
We hope to welcome you back to the Constance Prince Maurice very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2021

We quarantined for two weeks at Prince Maurice. It was a delightful experience, the food was delicious, the staff was very attentive and made sure to make us comfortable during these unprecedented times.

Date of stay: March 2021
Le Prince Maurice, Guest Services / Front Office at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2021

Dear Mr Barett,

We are very pleased to know that you had a great stay on our shore.

We’re hoping to see you again very shortly in our beloved hotel,

Sincerely

Reviewed 7 March 2021

I stayed at Prince Maurice for my mandatory 2 weeks quarantine and I just wish it was a mandatory 1 month quarantine. My arrival at MRU International was hectic due to all the procedures but as soon as I entered the resort's gates I felt the tranquility of the environment.

The check-in was prompt and as soon as I entered my suite all the work, travel related stress just disappeared. The first time I saw the ocean from my suite's terrace I felt I was in another place spiritually.

My butler Vikram was one of the most polite and cheerful person I have ever met, he'll always greet you with a smile and ask you if you're fine and at the same time he knows how to be discreet (a complete professional) and this is the thing I loved the most about Prince Maurice, everything/everyone is so discreet, if you want to left alone with your thoughts gazing at the horizon from your terrace or if you want to be pampered like a king/queen they will cater to both.

Special thanks to the kitchen and room service (Divya, I think I may not have remembered the name correctly) for always catering to my demands for roti :)

If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of your daily life spend a weekend or week at this place, you will come out peaceful and with a new mindset.

Please send me an email when you are open for normal visits so I can come back for weekend getaways and thank you for the wonderful departure gift. Hope to see you soon Prince Maurice

-Shantanu

Room tip: Choose suite 89 for a wonderful ocean view
Date of stay: February 2021
Le Prince Maurice, Guest Services / Front Office at Constance Prince Maurice, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2021

Dear Mr Shantanu,
Firstly, I would like to thank you for this heart-warming comment of yours!

Knowing how we were able to make you have a truly outstanding experience with us is one of the best ways to thank every team member in the hotel who fulfilled their mission with great care.

We will surely thanks Mr Vikram for his extra-miles, without forgetting our Divya for her outstanding service.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

Quarantine at Constance Prince Maurice was spectacular!

I spent 2 wonderful relaxing weeks in a Villa on stilts overlooking the lagoon. The room is 70 cm tall, very cozy and stylishly decorated.

Everything is perfect including a bottle champagne upon our arrival.

Food was always amazing. Everyday there was a new menu with starters, mains and desserts. One could choose from 3 dishes each and they even made us special meals upon request including American style buffalo wings and mash potatoes.

The food is brought and placed in front of the door by a Concierge who is personally assigned for the entire period of stay.

Shaan was our full time concierge and he was wonderful. We contacted him for almost all matters - always very friendly and courteous. He was really always available and immediately available if there was a concern. Shaan even brought us weights and workout mats to stay fit during our 14 days.

I really highly recommend this luxury hotel. Quarantine time is becoming such a time of rest and relaxation. The delicious food is a highlight as well as the beautiful lagoon view.

5 star service at this 5 star hotel! I highly recommend booking your quarantine stay at the Constance Prince Maurice.

Kyle

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kyle,

Warm greetings from your food paradise!

We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, every team member is working with enthusiasm and motivation to give you the utmost quality service you deserve.

Mr Shaan will be very happy to know that he fulfil your expectation!

With the pleasure to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 5 March 2021

Constance Prince Maurice is definitely the best hotel where I've been staying and I will choose it for a quarantine period again if needed.
We have been welcomed by Mr. Autrey, the Hotel Manager and Sylvabelle, the PR & Sales Manager upon our arrival at the hotel.
Thereafter we have been introduced to our butler, Nitesh who has been up to now very helpful.
A big thanks also goes to Akshada from the Guest Relation team and the Team from IRD.
Last but not the least, a 100% congrats to Chef Michael Scioli and his brigade from Kitchen and Pastry who made us discover the finest gourmet while being in our room.

Frédéric Bertrand

Dear Mr Frédéric Bertrand,
We are very pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay with us,

it was a real pleasure to accompany and serve you to the best during your holiday.
We will be sure to pass by and thanks Mr Autrey, Mrs Sylvabelle, Mrs Akshada and Chef Scioli for their excellent care!

We’re hoping to see you again very shortly in our beloved hotel,