“A Lovely House, a fantastic host and great...”

Review of Bali

Lounge & Dining Room in Teak Wood
Master Bedroom
Kitchen
Lobsters
Scuba Diving with the Owner & The Mauritius Under Watergroup members 'Padi, Cmas & Bsac'
Fishing
Windsurfing
Kite Surf
Lounge in Teak Wood
Dining Room
Flic en Flac Beach
Tropical Plants in the complex
Sharon & David Liptrott guests from Manchester U.K Caught a Marlin of 905 lbs 'March 2009'
Site Seeing around Mauritius with the Owner
Sunset & Warm Water Swimming in Flic en Flac
Sandy Beach of Flic en Flac
Sunset
Night Life in Flic en Flac
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
141tom
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A Lovely House, a fantastic host and great Location”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I stayed with my wife for 2 weeks at this property in Flic-en-Flac. This is a great property for a couple, a family( children of all ages will love the pool) or a group of friends. Jimmy, the owner, has really thought through what makes a holiday enjoyable for his guests and makes sure its supplied.

As we were a couple, Jimmy picked us up and dropped us off at the airport. On the way from the airport he gave us some interesting facts about the island and also some hints on what to do. He stopped off at the supermarket on the way to make sure we could stock up with essentials.

During our stay Jimmy was always available by cell phone and quick to respond to any enquiries.

The house is perfectly placed for the beach, the restaurants and clubs and the local supermarket. It is well equipped if you prefer to cook dinner rather than go out.

Noelette was an excellent housemaid and also an excellent cook. I would recommend taking up her offer to make you a local meal.

There is a bus stop less than 100 metres from the house. You can get anywhere by bus on the island.

We found the area very friendly and the beach was never crowded. Swimming in the lagoon is wonderful and a fantastic place for snorkelling.

Thanks for a great holiday Jimmy!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: can't think of anything
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
13 Nov 2015
Mr and Mrs Mullen thank you for this nice review. It was a pleasure to have you at our place as guests. I hope the winter season is not too bad this year in home city. Wish you both the very best and hope to see you again in Mauritius. Jimmy
Greg F
Cary, North Carolina
“Simply the Best!!!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

Well, not sure where to start other than to say we''ve never received better hospitality from the owner Jimmy, in our lives! Upon arrival, Jimmy met us at the villa (he insisted on escorting us from the airport, like everything else, being tremendously accomodating) and insured everything was in working order and provided a tour of the villa and amenities. The villa was much larger than expected, encompassing 3 floors with spacious rooms and well equipped. Location was outstanding - 2 blocks (< 100 metres) to the village center and beach. Village is quaint, very welcoming and has lots of character. Beaches and water are first class. Grounds and villa are immaculate and very welcoming, with secure parking and gates entrance (not that it's needed). No room for improvement on anything. Our host, Jimmy, was fantastic - talk about going the extra mile!!! (more like 10K miles!). He supplied us with beach/snorkeling equiment, his personal GPS, VIP tickets and private tour to a local sporting attraction, etc, etc. I could go on and on. I travelled with my 21 yr old son and 19 yr old daughter (from New York and North Carolina) and they summed it up best, both proclaiming: "he's the nicest person I've ever met". We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bali Villa and will certainly be back!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and quality of the villa
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jacques L
Derby, United Kingdom
“Another superb, relaxing & enjoyable stay at Bali Villa”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I first stayed at Bali Villa for 20 nights from 14.12.12 to 03.01.13. I was accompanied with my daughter, son-in-law & two grand-children aged 8 & 10 years old. Without exception, we all enjoyed it there & we had a superb holiday. Hence I had no hesitation to go back which I did for 10 nights from 14.01.14 to 23.01.14. This time I was accompanied by another three adults including a family member who was on holiday from Canada. The owners Jimmy & his wife Dominique were once again very friendly & helpful, and made our stay another enjoyable experience. Similarly, the maid Vema, who came twice a week, was also very helpful. Most important, she kept the place spotlessly cleans from top to bottom. Should you wish to taste home-made delicious Mauritian food, Vema is an excellent cook at a reasonable price.
The Villa certainly lived up to all the details outlined on line by the owner. It is very luxurious. It has all the utensils, facilities & utilities of a top grade dwelling (for example gas hobs, oven, microwave, fridge-freezer, electric kettle &coffee maker, toaster, folding clothes Airer, iron & ironing board). It is a 3 storey Villa with separate dining room & kitchen on the ground floor. Two bedrooms with double beds & a bathroom fitted with a shower unit are on the first floor. The 3rd bedroom with twin beds, another bathroom & the lounge are on the top floor. The lounge is well furnished and comprised satellite TV, DVD player & a sofa bed which can sleep 2 more guests. The lounge & all three bedrooms are fully air-conditioned and have their own balconies. Little extras such as mosquito’s plugs in all bedrooms, torches, candles are the extra special touches that make Bali Villa stands out. The digital safe, WiFi and BBB were extremely useful.
Bali Villa is located in the beautiful & well maintained Beach Apartment Complex which is just behind Manisa hotel. The shared swimming pool is only a dozen steps away from the front door & terrace. It has a shallow end plus a Jacuzzi. It is beautifully shaped. It is also well maintained & is kept exceptionally clean. The Complex is gated with 24 hour security guard on duty. I read in a review that the guards were all old & did not walk around the Complex. This is not what I observed during my first & second stay as I would say some of the guards looked to be around 30 years old & the Complex was regularly patrolled by the security guards. It is in an excellent position as it is only a few minutes’ walk (about 5 minutes) to the nearest restaurants & bus stop on the main coastal road, and the beautiful & long stretch sandy beach of Flic-en-Flac. The supermarket, car rental places tour operators, tourist’s agency are within all within close proximity. In conclusion, my second stay in the Villa made it another superb, relaxing & enjoyable holiday. Therefore, I would not hesitate to recommend it to family & friends

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The luxury of a stylishly furnished Villa with first class maid's service & beautiful pool & garden.
Liked least: A couple of sun loungers would have made it perfect.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Paris, France
Reviewed 4 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location to beach and restaurants.
Liked least: Pillows but that's all.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nicola L
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Is it time to go back yet?”
Reviewed 3 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

I was tempted to keep this find a secret but I mustn't be selfish, plus I was too excited about recalling our holiday details not to share!

We visited the Bali apartment within the Beach Apartment complex of Flic-en-Flac for a week from the 13th April 2013. This was our second visit to Flic-en-Flac having stayed with our Mauritian family several years before. The location is absolutely perfect, a two minute walk from the beach, restaurants and bars.

Jimmy, the owner, met us on our arrival and showed us around our well-equipped accommodation. The apartment is set over three floors, so we (parents, brother and boyfriend) all had plenty of space. Very clean throughout, with plenty of towels, washing machine, board games and plenty of snorkelling gear.

Now, enough about the inside, who goes to Mauritius to sit inside?! The exterior of the apartment was fantastic, a seating area leading from the kitchen, perfect for BBQs. Comfy sun chairs out the front, and a gorgeous swimming pool 5 skips away. The apartment is set within an immaculately cared for garden, with palm trees providing cooling shade as you laze around the pool. During our stay few other apartments were occupied so we pretty much had the pool to ourselves.

My Mauritian-born Dad wanted some good home-cooking during our stay so the lovely maid, Vima prepared us a lamb curry that was very much enjoyed.

I really can't speak highly enough of the Bali apartment, we all felt so at home there. So much so that after a couple of days into our second week stay in the north of the island we decided to go back, we gave up our accommodation in Pereybere to return to Flic-en-Flac! Sadly, Bali was rented out, but Jimmy kindly put us in contact with another owner in the complex and we were able to stay the in opposite (not so well equipped/furnished but absolutely fine for our needs) apartment!

I need to thank Jimmy for putting us in touch with Gerald, we were able to go swimming with wild dolphins one morning and it was the most amazing thing I've ever done. The driver of our boat told us exactly when to jump into the water, and a pod of dolphins were swimming under us every time. Would recommend the excursion to anyone lucky enough to be visiting the area. My brother is keen diver and Jimmy was also able to give him details of the best people to go diving with.

Thank you also Jimmy for all your help with organising our return to Flic-en-Flac for our second week, getting some extra time there really did make our second week. There is something for everyone in the area, from the beautiful stretch of beach, amazing for snorkelling and diving, to the Mauritian street food, cocktails and variety of restaurants. The Beach Shack became a favourite for my partner and I, and is the closest restaurant to the Beach Apartments.

In summary, although I think I've made it fairly clear, we can not wait to go back. I would not hesitate to recommend this apartment to anyone. (But don't all book at once, save us a week or two!)

Liked best: The pool
Liked least: The downstairs furniture wasn't the most comfortable for a long time sitting - but that is being picky!
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$588
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing