Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Georgina C
Southampton, United Kingdom

Perfect Honeymoon Hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Oct 2018via mobile
We headed to Mauritius for a 2 week honeymoon early October. We’ve always gone quite budget for our summer holidays so were both really excited for a little bit of luxury - the hotel did not disappoint.

Food -
Breakfast: great options literally couldn’t think of anything you could want that they didn’t have. Breads, meats, omelette station, 7 types of sugar!, salad, cereal, full English type ingredients, cheese & pastries.
Lunch: you could have something full on like pizza and pasta down in the sea view restaurant. We however preferred the bar restaurant that offered burgers, salads & sandwhiches! All delicious - sometimes we had two as we couldn’t decide!
Dinner: every other night you are served at your table and can choose from a 3 course set menu. The other nights are buffet. There was always something we could eat and were never left hungry. Mauritian night on Friday was a particular favourite of ours. The dessert bar on buffet evenings was worth saving a lot of room for too!

Drinks -
You could have pretty much most drinks on the menu in all inclusive the only ones that were extra are the premium vodkas and tequila’s that I would expect to pay for. Cocktails are included and all soft drinks. It’s a great place to be if you love rum!

Entertainment -
They had something on everynight. Julian & Danny are brilliant people with huge energy always dancing providing great bands. Again a favourite for us was the Mauritian nights on a Friday where they have traditional singers & dancers. Nothing was overwhelming or too cheesy for us it was perfect!

Room -
This is the only hotel we’ve ever stayed at and not missed our own bed. The king size bed was so so comfy and they have proper duvets! Couldn’t fault the cleanliness & layout of the room. They also have plugs by the bed which is always a winner for me!

Service -
From the welcome by Nazir that was incredible at arrival with drinks and a warm cloth too the staff at lunch always making sure you have enough ketchup with your chips. I couldn’t fault the service of this hotel there was nothing they couldn’t do. Any query they would resolve and once when my husband had a blocked nose they made a special lemon and honey drink for him to take to bed!

We are so happy we picked this hotel for our honeymoon and will definitely be back for an anniversary sometime in the future!
Date of stay: October 2018
    R 15 463
    R 14 501
46.4 km from Villa Paul and Virginie
View more hotels in Flic En Flac
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Our honeymoon here was perfect. The staff were always more than happy to help. As we were staying all inclusive we were able to use the mini fridge in the room, which was a very nice touch. The main restaurant would change from buffet to fixed menu, meaning there was always something different to try.
Both pools were beautiful, although a little cold when the temperature was only hitting 20.
Whilst we do feel this hotel deserves five stars we do have one recommendation.. luxury toilet paper would be a nice touch.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Frances B
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

This place is a true gem. Situated on the beach with a stunning view it has definitely gone beyond meeting our expectations.

The staff are very friendly, professional and will go out of their way to help or make suggestions.

The rooms are spacious and one can see careful attention was given to the layout. There are swimming pools with magnificent views especially around sunset.

The food should also definitely be mentioned. Every meal was delicious and there are snacks available (crepes with a variety of toppings). Breakfasts and suppers each created with an oriental flare promises to tantalise taste buds and leave you wanting more.

The locals are welcoming and friendly.

Be careful when visiting the bazaars though, the merchants can almost become bothersome trying to sell you their wares.

All in all I would definitely recommend this experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed 19 November 2017

So after a whopping 24 hours journey time we arrived at our hotel. Greeted professionally with a nice refreshing drink and a hot face towel.

We were shown to our rooms which were not close. There was 4 of us, all diving friends. Minor point, we also asked for twin rooms... instead we had two single mattresses on a double bed base. The hotel were not very keen on resolving and it in fact took 3 whole days before we finally got twin beds. The view from the room was spectacular, good sized room with nice facilities. The shower, was very temperamental in temperature.. probably a peak time to use it as most of the other times it was fine. The food was poor to start an only got worse, at breakfast time the greasy smoke coming from the frying area was awful. Only one restaurant on site, and one a la carte restaurant which you had to pay to enter. And judging by the look of the menu it was a lot.

Free wifi in the bar area. Nice hotel and outlook, very quiet. The food was awful. All inclusive turned out to be only a few drinks were free, which is very annoying as it turns out there are multiple types of all inclusive.

Overall, very disappointing considering the price I paid.

Room tip: Most rooms looked a good choice. If you want a good stay... try requesting boiled vegetables.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Surely it was initially not our intention to stay at Paul & Virginie, but we waited too long to book our stay in Mauritius and this was one of the few options still available. Given the fact that reviews were rather good we finally booked this resort anyway, but it turned to be a big disappointment.
1- Already the first evening we faced an issue when I wanted to enter the restaurant wearing a pair of very decent shorts. It appeared that shorts were not allowed at dinner time, or at least not for men. Obvious discrimination as women could wear beach shorts as well. What really annoyed me is the fact that we never received that information prior to booking this resort, and it was the first time we made this experience. We live in Sweden, thus when traveling to hot places I almost only wear shorts, never bathing shorts though, and given that fact that I like to dress up, I have several shorts carefully chosen to match a pretty shirt.
2- If only we had known of these very strict rules, then we wouldn’t have booked this place. I don’t fancy wearing pants in tropical heat and the only pair of pants that I had with me was a thick and warm pair of jeans for the Winter weather in Sweden (to wear on our first day when traveling and when returning).
3- Even though I made a complaint to the web site where we booked our stay, notifying that such important information was missing, which they admitted, 6 months later they had not updated their web site the reflect the information.
4- As you may see one of the pictures I took, another silly thing is that customers are allowed to wear bathing trunks in the same restaurants at lunch time. Hygienical, not really!
5- Another rule that was clearly stated from this resort was that dogs are not allowed. However, one dog did spend all day on the beach or besides the pool, without us ever seeing staff reacting. On two occasions (days) there were two dogs on the beach. We love digs but if rules are strict then I wonder why only some are to be followed, and others do not count?
6- The beach and the surroundings look very good on pictures but once you get in the water (sea) you realize that the clarity of the water is very poor; you won’t even see your hand 10-15 centimetres away. The bottom is muddy, signs of pollution are obvious.
7- Mauritius is no longer what it used to be (I was there a first time 30 years ago). Unfortunately the local do not seem to be concerned (or don’t bother). Many places are covered with garbage, plastics, bottles …. It is very sad.
PS: The owner offered to take us to a shop nearby, to buy a pair of pants, but I was not keen on wearing the same pair of pants every day, and I did not to feel obliged to wear a pair a pants that would not be my style, or to my taste, thus I rejected the offer and we ended up eating outside.

Room tip: We booked a room with a balcony but we got a room on the ground floor with the pool in front of us.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a well deserved Christmas break. Paul and Virginia was a spectacular resort far from crowded areas. We had relaxed sun bathe swam and enjoyed various delicious dishes. Service was prompt and always precise. The view at the breakfast table spectacular!

Date of stay: June 2016