Hotels.com
Reviews (2 177)
2 177 results
1 368
1 368
All reviews coco bar pomelo restaurant deluxe room all inclusive package sea view aqua gym our honeymoon entertainment team glass bottom boat beach shoes boat house special thanks free activities main restaurant special mention water activities evening entertainment
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 2 177 reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

I have chosen this hotel for the quarantine and it was such an amazing experience.

ROOMS:
The view from the rooms is just stunning. Solana have the best sunrise and seafront views. You can't stop taking pictures of it. I was surprised that room and the balcony are much bigger than on pictures.

I was working during my quarantine and the staff arranged the room in the way that I had everything I needed: a workdesk, a chair, decent Wi-Fi connection for the video meetings. They even proposed to set up the Wi-Fi router if needed. I mostly spent time outside on my balcony working with my laptop. Eating and sunbathing during the breaks and practicing yoga and meditation in the evening.

Superior rooms have direct sun few hours in the morning and shadow from around 11.00 A.M. It's nice because otherwise it would be too hot to sit outside. My room number was 1222. Its a corner room, highly recommended, just in front of the Wi-Fi router that is set up on the palm tree. The rooms are quiet, and I could not hear my neighbors.

FOOD:
I am vegetarian and my menu was delicious and various: Indian, Mauritian, continental. Here I ate best biryani with soy meat ever. They are also very flexible if you want smth else. The portions are huge, and everything is so tasty. You get fresh exotic fruits every day. Just to pick up the phone and order whatever you want they try to arrange it for you.

SERVICE:
At the reception desk they have a fairy named Rajnee who can fulfill every wish and request. In general, the staff at Solana Beach Mauritius is super sweet. You can see that they are very well trained and customer oriented but at the same time very sincere and kind. Very pleasant experience that make me feel wanna go back here.

ENTERTAINMENT:
Even though we all were in quarantine, the staff did everything to entertain us. Chris B and his team did such an amazing job with fitness class in the morning and concerts in the evening. Sorena and Janice sing so beautifull. And these guys even made me do burpees (for the first time in my life!) in this heat :) Allé allé!

OUTSIDE AREA:
The hotel has beautiful green gardens and white sandy beach. Many exotic birds outside that start singing with sunrise. Some days were windy and its nice because it was not too hot to sit outside. I was wearing bikini all the time. I felt like I am in paradise, not in quarantine.
Hihgly recommend this hotel not only for the quarantine but for the holidays also. I am already planning to come back.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Elena_Ivancenco
Julie Southern Cross Hotels, Marketing at Solana Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2021

Dear Elena_Ivancenco,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Solana Beach and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to read you had a nice stay experience and our services lived up to your expectations.

Your kind words has been shared among the team as a best recognition of their hard work.
We look forward to your next visit soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2021 via mobile

Been to this property, not so huge but the staffs are here to fill your heart with a huge smile ! Incredible that even the gardener will welcome you to the mini garden they have. All their staffs are so nice ! Would definitely go back

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shafsky46
Julie Southern Cross Hotels, Marketing at Solana Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Good morning shafsky46,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay in our hotel.

We are pleased to hear that the services on offer lived up to your expectations.

Reviewed 27 December 2020

I came across the Solana Beach Hotel through the MTPA website while searching for a hotel to quarantine in Mauritius. I would definitely say that it was the perfect choice. I had a good experience, even though been kinda forced to stay in the room, but the sea view from the balcony was just relaxing. Service from the whole team at the Solana was spot on and no issues from that side. Only hiccup was the wifi connection, which has the tendency to drop at times. Mr. Mackline Rose(our quarantine Manager) made sure we(I strongly believed that all the guests who quarantine at that time would agree) had everything we needed and even added some Mauritian goodies, which I loved. I strongly recommend Solan beach in case you are planning to travel to the Island let it be for quarantine or if you are looking for a good 4 stars hotel. Well done Solana Beach Hotel Team!!

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank M_Theotis

Good morning M_Theotis,

Reviewed 13 November 2020

We absolutely had a wonderful time with our 3 very young children. The staff has been the mega highlight for us. I can't thank everyone enough who made such a big effort to make my stay so comfortable and happy. Definitely felt the warmth of the beautiful people in my home country :)

Its been fantastic from the time of booking the hotel with excellent customer service from Rajnee to making it perfect for us to stay with all my requirements satisfied.

Despite all the challenges of quarantine, the staff was always so nice on the phone, giving us a warm nod when they came to deliver the food . So grateful to Rakesh and chef and all the catering staff for the amazing baby food(highly recommended) and all our yummy food.

Thanks to Valerie who came to give me mint tea and always so lovely. And the lovely people who said hello and made my children smile. The reception staff was so nice and always ready to help anytime and super friendly. They even arranged for a baby chair which wasn't in the hotel and went above and beyond to help.

Big thank you to the doctor and team for securing our country and making it super safe by doing our daily checks and pcr tests.

We loved the deluxe room with the wonderful sea view and made our stay extra special.

I highly recommend this hotel and hope to come back again soon. It's been fun :)

Room tip: We were the last room before the coco bar and it was super cool and private and detached. Loved it
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank 500tanias

Good morning 500tanias,

Reviewed 28 October 2020

My quarantine is ending tonight or tomorrow morning and I was staying at Solana Beach Mauritius.
The stay was very pleasant, I had amazing view on the sea from my balcony! ☀️
The room was very comfortable and the staff super welcoming! I really appreciated their kindness and willingness to help and make me feel comfortable.
The only thing I would say to be improved is the wifi connection. Sometimes it's working well, but many times the connection is really low and it gets even to make video calls.
Food was good, but sometimes there was too much quantity of everything, so a lot of waste unfortunately.
Overall I am very happy about the experience at Solana Beach Mauritius and I would recommend you to stay here for your quarantine!
Thank you!