“Amazing service!”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The villas are very comfortable and offer privacy. The property is well kept & the staff is super friendly. The place children friendly. The food is good and offer a variety, and so is the spa. I enjoyed interaction with their staff

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Alia A
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Alia A,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare!

The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for your short but sweet review. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and that the team managed to create some golden memories for you. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday soon;

Warm regards,
Ashish Modak

Write a ReviewReviews (5 789)

40 - 44 of 5 789 reviews

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Filled with toddlers...if you travel with teenagers you might have to wiggle your way through prams and highchairs etc. and they won't find much company. Room was clean and comfy and beds& bed linens were lovely! Great shower and products. Area quite small. The sewage smell (water used in garden?) was disturbing but luckily did not smell inside the room. Food nice at the buffet and fish of the day was always delicious at lunch!Pool was beautiful BUT the floor was terrible! Tiles were loose and the whole floor uneven so that you'd hit and scratch your toes when playing there with kids or doing aqua fitness etc. Should be fixed immediately! My daughter kept diving down and putting the loose tiles back in place which should not be her job...Another big disappointment for me was the yoga program, which was nothing like they advertise in their Fitness Me-booklet. Classes were held in the conference room in the middle of tea cups, chairs, desks...very uninspiring environment to do yoga! Another class was held in the gym foyer next to the door and trash can...not fun either and too little space and bad floor. Hatha yoga ok, other classes too inactive, mainly focusing in breathing. If the hotel advertises a yoga program with daily classes and beautiful pics of people doing poses on the white sand I would expect something else that the reality was.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Anna A

Dear Anna A,

Greetings from the beautiful LUX* Belle Mare!

At the onset, thank you for your detailed review for us. It looks like while the overall resort were liked by you, certain experiences and inclusions didn't stand up to your expectations. We have taken on board your feedback pertaining to yoga. We do keep alternative venues for yoga so as our guests can still get to enjoy their session even if the weather remains unfavorable. It is unfortunate to read that you had to experience the changes twice during your stay and that same was not up to the standard. I am grateful to you for sharing your feedback as this gives me and my team an opportunity to study in detail the pointers given by you and work on corrective actions immediately.

I really do hope that you do consider us for your next stay in Mauritius and we hope to showcase to you the changed and worked upon standards based on your feedback above.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Lux Belle Mare exceeded and surpassed our expectations in almost every possible way! And - our expectations were high to begin with as we were recommended the hotel by friends who have visited Lux Belle Mare multiple times.

Hard to begin this text as it is impossible to write about every positive thing we experienced. The most important, of course, the staff. Everyone (and there is no shortage of staff) was extremely friendly a non-intrusive way. We were met by smiles everywhere and the staff did everything to learn our names and personalize our stay. They really love children, and this resort is GREAT for both children and adults. It is not the kind of family resort where adult experience is tampered with, quite the opposite. There are loads of activities to keep you as busy as you like. For children, the PLAY supervised childrens club which we used although our 4-year old doesn't speak english and didn't really want to be there without his parent. Lots of kids there having fun without parents though. Also for children teddy-tennis ans water activites such as glass bottom boat which our son enjoyed. We also used the nanny service for our 7-month young girl a couple of times which worked great. For adults, we went on the snorkelling trip which was great although the reef is a bit ruined. We also went to the outside cinema one evening which was quite magical lying under the stars watching a movie with popcorn and beers. We also went on a rhum-tasting which was sort of confusing in a comical way. I think it was because the tasting leader wasn't particularly good at english and received a lot of questions. English is otherwise absolutely no problem!

The food at the resort is nothing short of fantastic. From the buffet to the various restaurants the food quality is really really great. And it is very generous, especially if you are on all inclusive like we were. Even the all-inclusive wines were pretty great. Beach Rouge was great for lunch serving mediterranean-style food. I had the best burrata caprese ever and the pizzas are fantastic. Not as good at dinner (still very good) but the ambiance at dinner at Beach Rouge is spectacular and less crowded. We also tried Amari which was very romantic and luxurious, and Duck Laundry which served great chinese food. The food truck was also a great choice for lunch. Again, food at this resort is second to none. Both for children and adults, of course, and you can basically get anything you want, at any time.

The grounds are meticulously cared for, and it is really beautiful everywhere. The pool is large and great for kids since it is quite shallow. The beach is fantastic and cannot get crowded due to size and width.

The rooms are really great and it is great to visit a resort which understands what a family on vacation needs. The rooms are quite large with a separate dressing room (which makes everything easier) and a super sized bathroom with separate toilet, bathtup, shower and two wash basins. Cleaning was GREAT.

Difficult to write about everything we liked about this place. Especially the little details which really made us feel special. Like returning the kids laundry wrapped in a silk fabric inside a little shrine. Or helping us with a doctors appointment (he came to our room and sent medicine with a taxi). Or leaving little treats and welcome gifts to the kids. Again, at Lux Belle Mare the staff really goes all the way to make you happy and takes time to help you with anything.

Looking forward to visit again!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with small children it might be a good idea to ask for a ground floor room wit...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank Adam L

Dear Adam L,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare!

The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for your wonderful review for us on this forum. We are glad that you found us to be a great place and that we could surpass your expectations from the resort.

We genuinely believe our resort combines the best of all the essential elements to make a beach holiday special for both families and couples. You have detailed some of the aspects of the resort offerings so well, this shall help all the readers of this forum and all future travelers to Mauritius make a conscious choice of the place to stay in and I sincerely thank you for the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for a yet another 'sensational' holiday with us;

Reviewed 12 January 2018

First let me just say that my husband never ever wants to return to a holiday destination we have been to before however, this all changed after we went to Mauritius and stayed at the LUX* Belle Mare.

This hotel is absolutely beautiful, spotless, high spec with an amazing ambience and the staff top it off perfectly.

I have never been to a hotel where the buffet restaurant is just as good, equals or at times even better than the al la carte restaurants. Please do not think for one moment what I have just written means the al la carte restaurants are at a lower standard, they are not. To put it simply you cannot find a bad restaurant or place to eat at the LUX* Belle Mare.

LUX* brand of ICI ice cream, it is possibly some of the best ice cream I have ever tasted yet it is fat free which is amazing. I also tried a good old plain orange flavour ice lolly wow, it was actually delicious.

Café LUX* serves up coffee that will compete with or outdo any of the top coffee chains on the high street. Café LUX does go one better with the delicious cakes you can delve into and savour the taste, they are simply divine and better than any served up in the worldwide well known coffee shops.

The gourmet food truck serves up food just as mouth-watering as the food in the film Chef of which it was inspired by, especially the grilled cheese sandwich. You must taste the delights that this food truck serves up as you have no idea what are missing until you do.

The Duck Laundry was absolutely fantastic, the food, the service and the ambience. This was an amazing experience and one I would love to repeat and would encourage others to do. Don't me mislead by the name of this restaurant as it does serve up a lot more than duck.

Amari by Vineet, was a very good experience and the service was above and beyond but unfortunately it was not for me. You must understand that this restaurant is still top notch just not my favourite. I would still recommend you visit this restaurant if you are fortunate enough to be staying at the LUX* Belle Mare.

Beach Rouge was one of my favourites, I loved everything about this place, the food was excellent, the service was fantastic and the location was unbeatable. If I was to return to Mauritius and stay at one of the other LUX* properties I would go out my way to revisit this restaurant. The ambiance in this restaurant was fantastic along with the staff and service,

MIXE, simply the best buffet restaurant I have ever had the pleasure of dinning at. What makes this buffet restaurant stand out above others along with the very high quality of food is the very excellent service you receive from the staff at all times. The variety of food on offer is unbeatable, it really does cater for every taste. What makes it exceptional is the fact that despite it being a buffet restaurant you are still waited on hand and foot.

We had a 60 minute massage at the spa which was out of this world. The spa area is beautiful and the products on offer while expensive are top quality and worth every penny. This is one place not to be missed if you stay at the LUX Belle Mare.

All the rooms are of a very high standard, it really does not matter what category you opt to stay in or the location, in fact I do not think there is a bad category of room or a bad location at this hotel. The lowest category of room at LUX* Belle Mare is equal to and in some cases better than the highest category of room in other hotels. We found the TV in our room and wide selections of channels very good, more so than any other hotels we have stayed in. We loved the using the tablet to order room service, browse the net and see what other things the hotel had to offer.

The grounds of the LUX* Belle Mare are looked after very well, it really is a beautiful hotel, a little piece of heaven on a island of paradise and the beach is stunning.

There was entertainment at the hotel which was to our taste and much to our liking not over the top, trashy or loud, we loved it

I guess the question is would we return? Yes we definitely would however, there are a few things that I have to say that are not negative just honest. I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for but I do find the LUX* chain to be rather expensive, yes it is everything I have said and more but £12,000 for 2 adults for 2 weeks all inclusive in a category of room that is only 1 up from the lowest seems a little steep. We stayed for 10 nights in a romantic junior suite all inclusive and even though it was the best hotel we have experience to date I am still unsure of the cost. Looking for the same time in 2018 for 10 nights in the same room all inclusive it would cost around £9,500, this is very expensive.

I have to say I was underwhelmed by the cocktails, they were either too warm or simply not mixed correctly. If I had to ask one thing that be changed it would be to ensure that cocktails were made correctly. I was served a Margarita one evening that had double the amount of tequila not enough triple sec and the smallest squeeze from the tiniest quarter of lime, I could not drink it as it tasted like pure spirits and was too strong. A classic Margarita consist of 50ml Tequila, 35ml triple sec/orange liquor and 25ml of lime, nothing like what I was served which considering the high standards of everything else at this hotel you would think they would ensure this extended to the cocktails too.

Overall the hotel is simply beautiful with service and staff that any other hotel would find very difficult to beat. Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely, everyone should experience luxury and paradise at least once in their life.

The staff are definitely one of the elements that makes this hotel. I could mention individual names but it is impossible for me to do so as I would like every single member of staff at this hotel to be recognised for their hard work, service and most of all their charming and very welcoming smiles when ever you see them.

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful but if you want to guarantte a sea view book an ocean view suite
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Nade007
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Mrs. Pole,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare!

Thank you for your review for us on this forum. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a relaxing holiday.

Indeed, one of the features of LUX* Belle Mare is that fact that the team here ensures a very relaxing, refreshing and rejuvenating holiday experience for all our guests. This very feature combined with the very beautiful and wide stretch of beach of ours, the spacious and comfortable rooms, quality and variety focused food and beverage offerings, beautifully landscaped gardens, wonderful spa treatments and many other similar features make a holiday here truly a complete experience.

As mentioned by you, being a service industry lapses can happen, and we will work on the constructive feedback pertaining to the issues mentioned by you. It is our endeavor to continually improve on our services and we are taking on board your feedback.

The title of your review says it all and I am glad that we could create some lasting memories for you. Unfortunately, being away during your stay I could not meet you. But, I am most certain we will catch up soon and assuring you a yet another out of this world experience;

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Where do i begin, firstly apologies to the Lux Belle Mare staff for the delay in this review. We came over end of June for 2 weeks on our honeymoon, 8 month daughter in tow. The best holiday we have ever gone on, from the flight over to the transfers and our stay with the fantastic staff here who do their upmost in making your stay so welcoming and enjoyable, so much so that we are currently planning our return.

The weather in June suited us as we had our baby with us, it was warm, with lots of wind for the perfect breeze. It rained a couple of times only and it lasted no longer than 10 minutes.

Reception
Possibly one of our favourite hang outs. The staff are just out of this world. They become your friends and probably make leaving the resort the hardest part. Aishia, Geetanjali & Hema are the names we remember and who we dealt with the whole time. Wonderful girls, so helpful and happy and we miss them dearly. They loved to hold and play games with our 8 month daughter. Our daughter loved them so much and it was such a help for us as parents to sometimes have free arms even if it was for 5 minutes while she was cooed over and we drank a Cafe LUX coffee.

Cafe LUX
Yes! Pretty amazing coffee right here whether your taking out or sitting in. An arrangement of sofas scatter through out the foyer where you can enjoy a casual sit down with a delicious cup of coffee (so many to choose from) and a beautiful freshly baked biscotti on the side. We loved doing this most afternoons when the weather was cooler but was still quite early to head back to the room to get ready for dinner. Again the staff here are so welcoming and happy to chat, thank you to Silvano and Billal for being funny and friendly and remembering our orders every afternoon.

Rooms
We stayed in a Deluxe Ocean View room. It was beautiful, Clean & Peaceful. All rooms have an iPad so you can keep up to date with whats going on that day or that week, make reservations for dinner or a bay sitter the best little gadget making your stay that even more easier and relaxing.

4 Restaurants to choose from. All great. We tended to stay between MIXE & Beach Rouge which were delicious. On one occasion we organised for a baby sitter and ate at Amari, which was delicious and definitely worth trying out.
The staff are so attentive as soon as we were given our seat in MIXE or Beach Rouge staff would instantly ask if we would like some purees made up for our daughter, the options were endless, meat and veg/fish and veg/veg/fruit she ate as well as we did which to begin with was a worry going to a foreign country with a weaning baby so i packed so many baby pouches and used none!! At Mixe they have different foods everyday and i think Monday was Mauritian night which was our favourite!!! Vik, Ashvina & Rati were a couple of the staff we became to see regularly and adore. So helpful and friendly almost to the point you want to invite them to stay for dinner with you.

Pool/Beach
Our favourite hang out during the day, fresh icey flavoured waters to keep you hydrated throughout the day and an ice cream stand with fresh ice lollies or ice cream on a warm fresh waffle cone for a sugar hit! We were half board and never really had the desire to have lunch but there are some lovely lunch spots.

Managers we had the pleasure of dealing with were Jennifer and Jessica, Jennifer sorted a lot out for us as she deals with the events (like our honeymoon package) she really helped make this a special holiday to remember. A very busy women but always time to say hello and ask how your day is. Jessica was head of reception i believe and she is such a wonderful lady, loves her work and the guests and it shows. Always a pleasure to see her around the hotel and have a chat. Thank you for all your hard work!

Thank you Lux Family For everything we really cannot wait to come back and hopefully see you all there xx

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank MISSCTFD

Dear MISSCTFD,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare!

We are glad that you had a memorable stay and that the team managed to create some golden memories for you.
At LUX* Belle Mare, we constantly strive to provide our guests with a memorable experience and we are happy to learn that we were able to deliver the same to you. Like rightly pointed out by you, we take pride in the fact that our service, genuinity and warmth of our team members is amongst the finest in the hospitality world and this alone ensures a wonderful and relaxing holiday experience for all our guests. Comments like yours reinforces our belief that we are going in the right direction! Thank you once again.

We look forward to your next visit and the STARS mentioned by you remains eager to meet you again;

Warm regards,

The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare
1 909 reviews

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!