All reviews room was large pasar payang stayed in this hotel for nights breakfast buffet was included triple family room an older hotel restaurant staff basement car park floating mosque coffee table breakfast spread mini fridge booked rooms comfortable stay ironing board keropok lekor island
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Large room, free parking, friendly front desk receptionist, great breakfast spread, sleep quality ok.

Cons: there are red ant on the bed, bitten everywhere (room 710), old furniture n decor. I consider this hotel far from attraction. Pasar payang is 1.2km or 25-30 min walking (you'll be sweating by the time you reach there)

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
GM_GrandContinental, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review with regard to your previous stay with us.

I have read through your comments highlighted and I will certainly inform my Housekeeper to attend to the red ants immediately. For your information, we have plans to refurbish the hotel soon.

Once again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 5D4N (2Rooms) in their Deluxe Triple Room. Overall stay was good and fun for the children. Pool was okay and clean. The room was very spacious and comfy. Its modest. Overall cleanlinest was good but really need to check up each bed because there are nails sticking out under one of the bed, probably while refurbishing the bed they did not do it correctly. Not really keen on their toilet bowl using bidet especially the one at the lobby. Breakfast buffet spread was good and overall delicious but really need to watch for the flavor especially any "kueh" that uses grated coconut as the coating. Their samosa was memorable and delicious. Will definitely come back if we visit Kuala Terengganu again in the future and recommended for families. The best part, there is a reasonable priced restaurant called THE KITCHEN located just outside the hotel and the food is nice.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
GM_GrandContinental, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have read through each of your comments highlighted and I am glad to know that you are satisfied with your stay with us. I will certainly look into the bed as mentioned immediately.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Booked 4 rooms for 1N stay during the raya break. Value for money for the rate we paid. Comes with breakfast,good enough selections.
Room was clean & spacious but a bit outdated.
Wouldnt mind staying at the hotel again for the rate.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
GM_GrandContinental, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review with regard to your previous stay with us.

I am glad to know that you are satisfied with your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Old hotel. Iron and ironing board were provided in the room and there were many charging points which are good for business travelers. I had difficulties connecting to the room wi-fi though. After several attempts, only one of my devices could connect to the wi-fi. Breakfast buffet was OK -- there was quite a variety of choices such as nasi lemak, fried noodles, fried kuey teow, pancakes, French toasts, cereals and pastries. All the food were not bad in terms of taste.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Liyana N
GM_GrandContinental, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have read through your comments highlighted and I believe that you are satisfied with your stay with us. For your information, we have plans to refurbish the hotel in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

This may have been a grand hotel once but now is sadly past its best. We were allocated a superior room. The room was grubby and dusty. The bathroom needed a good scrub, bathtub stained and floor dirty. Only one bath towel and bath towel provided. No hand towel. Bed linen was clean and bed large. Some mosquitoes in the room were a pest.
Breakfast was adequate but evening meals left a lot to the imagination.
However the doorman and his staff were pleasant and friendly so that was a big plus.
Given a make over this place could come up to standard quite easily.i

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
GM_GrandContinental, General Manager at Hotel Grand Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for your review with regard to your stay with us recently.

I have read through your comments highlighted and I will certainly investigate the room with my Housekeeper. I will certainly take appropriate action to ensure that all rooms are properly cleaned and the overall cleanliness of the rooms are maintained. I will make sure that it will not happen again in the future. Please accept my sincere apologies for that.

I will also evaluate the food served at the coffee house and I will take necessary measures for further improvement.

For your information, we have plans to refurbish the hotel soon.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.